Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 366 total)
  • Moon Landing Hoax? Channel 5 now!
  • piemonster

Woppit I haven’t researched the mirror thing, and TBH, can’t be assed.

Just about sums it up really. I believe one thing, but have no intention of looking into anything that that might disprove it.

Nice

andytherocketeer

Mythbusters busted the myths

Mythbusters neither busts myths, nor puts them to the test.
    Purely an entertainment show, but I do enjoy their use of explosives (some made by an acquaintance of mine).

Brainiac is/was the same. Had to fake explosions to make it look on TV (by another acquaintance).

No comment on the moon landings though.

yunki
    Free Member

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
    ~ William Shakespeare, As You Like It. Act V, scene i

Kryton57

piemonster – Member
    Some low quality but highly effective trolling going today

I’m quite interested in this and happy to have my opinion changed / cemented either way. When I’ve got some time I’ll do some actual research into it as it does intrigue me…. I wasn’t trolling just expressing my (perhaps slihtly uneducated) opinion.

Apologies for not living up to your measure of IQ, but becuase I don’t have time to research this all day I’m apparantly an “idiot”, nice work STW, this thread’ll shortly be closed as we all know Mark objects to that kind of stuff.

How about keeping it open by sticking to some higher plane vocabulary?

piemonster

Mythbusters, I miss that show. Mainly for Kari Byron.

toys19
    Free Member

Hmm, I’ll be honest I think it is safe to say that you were/are not being smart. That does not mean that you are not smart, you just happen to be choosing to not be smart today.

The reason I feel safe to say this is that you said

I’d come to the conclusion years ago that it was fake. You only have to take into account the technology being used today by other countries to even attempt to get to the moon to know it wasn’t possible.

But you admit above that you need to

do some actual research

So I think it is fair to say that making pronouncements on topics and then arguing about them, only to admit that you have not actually done the research to know wether its true, is in fact, not very smart.

(personally I do not believe in the concept of “intelligence” some people merely choose to be ignorant, and can change that if they want to)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Kryton57, meet kaesae. kaesae, meet Kryton57…

Kryton57

So I think it is fair to say that making pronouncements on topics and then arguing about them, only to admit that you have not actually done the research to know wether its true, is in fact, not very smart.

I’ll concede that Toy’s, fair enough, as my opinion was based on prior knowledge, the program and no recent reseach. Plus I’ve only had 5 hours sleep since Wednesday morning….

Kryton57

Woppit, I don’t quite know what your issue is, but could you back down? Its unecessary and there is a report post button which I’d prefer not to use.

I’ve asked nicely – Thanks.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s just typical US Cold War propaganda

Really? What else is a giant hoax on that scale? From my limited knowledge of history it seems like each time they try and cover something relatively minor up it gets found out in no time. Unless some other major technological development is also a hoax and hasn’t been found out?

Hiroshima perhaps? The space shuttle? The human genome?

It seems the deniers base their arguments on the premise that “it’s impossible”. Why exactly? What’s so complicated? Just need a pod with life support and a big f-off rocket. Very simple physics.

The physics that allows us to argue on here is VASTLY more advanced, complicated and finely engineered than that behind the moon landings.

Oh and +1 for Kryton57 – let’s debate, even strenuously, but let’s not be nasty.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

(I’m quite interested in this) and happy to have my opinion changed…

I can see no evidence of this, therefore it’s cobblers.

toys19
    Free Member

TBH boys I think Kryton is being magnanimous and somewhat humble, whilst we are busy just being rude, so lets pack it in yeah?

jota180
    Free Member

it seems like each time they try and cover something relatively minor up it gets found out in no time.

Do you want to read that again? 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Do you want to read that again?

No, do you want to be a bit more direct?

jota180
    Free Member

No, do you want to be a bit more direct?

OK
    How would you know about any cover ups that were successful?
    There could be 10 times more than the ones that came to light

druidh
    Free Member

They could have sent the mirror up in an unmanned rocket though?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

To be positioned properly for the subsequent experiment, how?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

it seems like each time they try and cover something relatively minor up

Who are “they”?

aye-aye
    Free Member

It’s possible that NASA has “faked” or “doctored” a selection of photographs and possibly films. Worth it to them given what was at stake at certain times in the past. If so, you can’t blame people for seeing a conspiracy there.
    Government agencies worldwide sometimes use a strategy called “lying”, all for the “greater good”.
    All the other evidence suggests that humans have been to the moon.

There we go, everyone is right.

Now, building 7 . . . . .

Kryton57

Mr Woppit – Member
    To be positioned properly for the subsequent experiment, how?

How would our astronaughts be able to measure the same positioning…?

molgrips
    Free Member

How would you know about any cover ups that were successful?
    There could be 10 times more than the ones that came to light

Of course, that’s why I posed the subsequent questions. What else do you think might be faked?

The US govt has a history of attempting to cover up seedy practises like funding wars, smoothing the way for big business etc. Is there anything else on this scale that could be a big lie?

It just seems far far less probable than actually going to the moon, given that it’s really not that complicated. The big challenges really are in rocket propulsion and project co-ordination, imo.

Cougar

They could have sent the mirror up in an unmanned rocket though?

Hey, here’s an idea. If they’re doing that anyway, why not see about chucking a couple of blokes in there with it?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

How would our astronaughts be able to measure the same positioning…?

I refuse to answer this question in the way I would like because it might upset you and get me banned.

Cougar

I haven’t researched the mirror thing, and TBH, can’t be assed.

I love this.

“The moon landings were obviously faked. I mean, where’s the evidence?”

“Er, well, it’s here.”

“Oh, I can’t be bothered to look at that.”

molgrips
    Free Member

Hey, here’s an idea. If they’re doing that anyway, why not see about chucking a couple of blokes in there with it?

In fairness Cougar it’s a hell of a lot easier to send up robot probes, cos they don’t need to come back.

druidh
    Free Member

Because sending humans is a massive step up in terms of challenge.

I firmly believe we went there – I remember watching those grainy b&w shots – but if the best proof available is the existence of a mirror on the moon then it’s no wonder the conspiracy theorists are still in denial.

rogg
    Free Member

the best proof available

You don’t seriously think that is the best proof available, do you?
    There were years of development, millions of dollars spent, 10s of thousands of people involved, multiple missions, thousands of photos, hours of film, samples of rocks, photos of stuff left behind…
    I’d trust a tenth of all that over the opinions of a few people who have no understanding whatsoever of fairly basic science or even of photography saying ‘I don’t understand it so it couldn’t have happened’.

yunki
    Free Member

f the best proof available is the existence of a mirror on the moon then it’s no wonder the conspiracy theorists are still in denial.

this..

I don’t wholeheartedly believe anything much, starting with material existence, and ending in UFOs and Simon Cowell so I really haven’t got an opinion either way and couldn’t care less..

What DOES interest me though is other folks seemingly unshakable and often almost quite aggressive faith in stuff..
    So you guys that are certain, have you ever doubted or questioned your belief..?
    Some of you talk about research and evidence.. what ‘one thing’ erased all doubt.. was there a moment where you thought ‘yes well that’s settled it for me..’?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

How much “better” could the proof be for you?

And “robot” probes didn’t exist at the time – the computing technology would not support such a device.

This stuff is so obvious, the wonder of it is that it shows just how many people don’t seem to be able to think beyond the end of their own noses.

Feh. And for that reason, etc…

druidh
    Free Member

The Russian Luna program disagrees with you.

Kryton57

This stuff is so obvious, the wonder of it is that it shows just how many people don’t seem to be able to think beyond the end of their own noses.

Then why not feel free to enlighten us with such obviousness?

EDIT: On the program as least, that was pretty much NASA’s argument btw…

molgrips
    Free Member

And “robot” probes didn’t exist at the time

Yeah they did, lots of lunar landers before Apollo 11. They weren’t curiosity style rovers, but they were still robot probes.

Kryton – what would you like to see as proof?

crazy-legs

This is the thing with conspiracy theories, it’s like a religion. Bring in evidence to dispute their view and the main answer is “oh, you must be in on it too” or “you’ve been duped/brainwashed by them”.

You can never argue with conspiracy theorists, it’s pointless even trying. Although it is sometimes entertaining.

We should put a marker by their forum names – anyone who doesn’t believe in the moon landings/planes taking off on conveyor belts/9-11 should just have a little idiot tag by their name. It’d save arguing with them.
    🙂

Kryton57

Kryton – what would you like to see as proof?

Something that unequivocally proves that real live NASA astronoughts flew to the moon, landed, wandered around, and came back.

molgrips
    Free Member

You can never argue with conspiracy theorists, it’s pointless even trying. Although it is sometimes entertaining

You can if you are good enough 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

We should put a marker by their forum names – anyone who doesn’t believe in the moon landings/planes taking off on conveyor belts/9-11 should just have a little idiot tag by their name. It’d save arguing with them.

see, it’s that kind of aggressive stuff that confuses me.. that sort of thing denotes to me a kind of fervour that just doesn’t add up

I’m not a conspiracy theorist by the way.. I just don’t believe in anything that I can’t drink, love or fall off

aye-aye
    Free Member

I don’t wholeheartedly believe anything much, starting with material existence

This is a good place to start from.

Many people like to say “Science” proves this, “Science” says that.
    Well, lots of “scientists” are saying that the physical world doesn’t even exist in the way that humans believe/perceive it to.

Some people haven’t even taken the time to consider what they actually are themselves ie what is your own consciousness? That is where everything you think is happening starts from.

It’s possibly a good idea to keep an open mind about EVERYTHING*

* except the wearing of lycra cycling shorts in public

rogg
    Free Member

Something that unequivocally proves

Like what? Tell us what you need to hear/see/touch.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Something that unequivocally proves that real live NASA astronoughts flew to the moon, landed, wandered around, and came back.

Such as? There’s plenty of proof, you just choose to argue and not believe it…..

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 366 total)

The topic ‘Moon Landing Hoax? Channel 5 now!’ is closed to new replies.