Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 366 total)
  • Moon Landing Hoax? Channel 5 now!
  • mudshark
    Free Member

What? Aliens?

CountZero

No telescope can resolve human activity on the moon from Earth. The shots of tracks are taken from other space craft

Yeah, we know that. Your point is?

ampthill

Some one asked can’t we see the moon lander with a telescope. I hadn’t seen a straight answer di I miss it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Kryton57

I’d come to the conclusion years ago that it was fake. You only have to take into account the technology being used today by other countries to even attempt to get to the moon to know it wasn’t possible.

It’s just typical US Cold War propaganda. I am wondering though what they’ll say when some ACTUALLY gets there and finds no evidence – or will the CIA spend the next 100 years in covert ops to sabotage these attempts….

richmars

I’d come to the conclusion years ago that it was fake

That’s enough for me then. Clearly a big lie.

Harry_the_Spider

Fake you say… without the space program we wouldn’t have Velco. I have some Velcro therefore man has been to the moon.

I rest my case.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’d come to the conclusion years ago that it was fake. You only have to take into account the technology being used today by other countries to even attempt to get to the moon to know it wasn’t possible.

So, who, exactly, is trying to get to the Moon?
    Answer – Nobody
    Why? Because we know it’s a waste of time and that there’s little of interest there
    How do we know this…….?
    I’ll let you work that out.

OF COURSE IT WAS/IS POSSIBLE YOU HALFWIT!

Sheesh!

PS – I’m with Molgrips on this one 🙂

Cougar

There’s three very good reasons why we know it’s not faked.

1) It would’ve been harder to fake to the degree they did than to just go there. How many other movie special effects from 1969 stand up today?

2) We left stuff behind! We can see it, today. There’s even a big mirror that we use to bounce lasers off.

3) The most compelling of all, if it were faked, the Russians would have gone “er, excuse me…”

Do you really think, in the great Space Race, the US would have got away with saying to the soviets, “well, we did it. No, really, look, we filmed it and everything. No no, don’t bother looking up, trust us.”

Most – nay, all – of the conspiracy theories are easily debunked, and are borne out of the same intellectually challenged logic that gave us Creationism; to wit, “I don’t understand it, so it can’t be true.”

igrf
    Free Member

The breadknife and I watched that programme and it almost had her believe it was faked, then she was only 9 at the time. I stayed up that night and watched it, the Aussies actually got to hear the walk bit first as I remember, it would have been kind of difficult to fool them.

The bit of film that always got me was the hammer and feather drop filmed in a later mission again not an easy thing to fake and why do it anyway, what would have been the point?

It was a very different world back in ’69 we’d even won the world cup not long since, so anything seemed possible.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

2) We left stuff behind! We can see it, today. There’s even a big mirror that we use to bounce lasers off.

Difficult to see when your head is buried in the sand, and your fingers in your ears, shouting “La la la LAAAA LAAAAAAA LALAAAAA,,”

bencooper
    Free Member

Even North Korea managed to get stuff into orbit.

Okay, maybe if no-one had managed to achieve orbit before, and the US suddenly announced they’d been to the moon, it would be suspicious. But that’s not what happened. Do you think the Gemini missions were faked too? What about Lunkhod? There were hundreds of launches, by both countries, building up to Apollo, and spending colossal amounts of money to do it.

jota180
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    I’d come to the conclusion years ago that it was fake.

…….. and he keeps telling us he’s a captain of industry, I’m worried 😉

Kryton57

OF COURSE IT WAS/IS POSSIBLE YOU HALFWIT!

Just as possible as your claim that “…all Hope Pro 2 hubs are sh*te…”

Kryton57

jota180 – Member

Kryton57 – Member
    I’d come to the conclusion years ago that it was fake.

…….. and he keeps telling us he’s a captain of industry, I’m worried

I never said that.

And to address the velcro comment – how do you keep the worlds biggest secret yet market its lies? Well, you ensure that that majority believe its true, by actually spending £40bn dollars with an element of realisim. Like war, things like this generate technology advances – although of course if you find some Velcro on the moon I’ll eat my words.

Kryton57

bencooper – Member

Even North Korea managed to get stuff into orbit.

Okay, maybe if no-one had managed to achieve orbit before, and the US suddenly announced they’d been to the moon, it would be suspicious. But that’s not what happened. Do you think the Gemini missions were faked too? What about Lunkhod? There were hundreds of launches, by both countries, building up to Apollo, and spending colossal amounts of money to do it.

Your missing a point – even todays Space shuttles don’t go through the radiation barrier – only the manned Apollo mission have claimed to do it. In fact, no person has been through there except the alledged moonwalkers, before, during or since. Do you really think the rest of the world said “Duh, they’ve done it now, I can’t be assed”?

bikeind
    Free Member

slight topic change
    astronauts said they said they was not alone up there?
    anyone believe this?

toys19
    Free Member

Umm, the only others capable of going to the moon were the russians, and they did, (well nearly) so what exactly is your point?

Kryton57

bikeind – Member
    anyone believe this?

Of course, there was the Camera crew, the janitor, make up ladies etc etc….

Kryton57

toys19 – Member
    Umm, the only others capable of going to the moon were the russians, and they did, so what exactly is your point?

The russians never landed on the moon – they sent an unmanned craft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just as possible as your claim that “…all Hope Pro 2 hubs are sh*te…”

Ahh. There it is again. The desperate, haunting cry of a STWer who is losing an argument.

Pro 2s are shit. I can send you pics of our broken ones of you like, just as you can see pics of men and equipment on the moon….. 8)

Kryton57

Pro 2s are shit. I can send you pics of our broken ones of you like, just as you can see pics of men and equipment on the moon…..

Sigh. Of course you can, I never claimed there weren’t any broken ones. However there have been and are plenty riding around on OK Hope 2’s and have been for years. So “…all Hope Pro 2’s are shi*te…” is an inaccurate unmeasured generisism on your part.

Kryton57

Ahh. There it is again. The desperate, haunting cry of a STWer who is losing an argument.

Not really, no one here has managed to prove we have been on the moon yet, have they? 😉

piemonster

The root cause is the same as all conspiracy theories, homeopathy, etc.
    Thick people like to think they’re smarter than smart people

This is an excellent post.

I take heart in being just smart enough to know that I really am not.

toys19
    Free Member

I go back to my standard position:
    They could not keep a blow job in the white house a secret, is it really possible that hoaxed moon landings havent produced some evidence? Where is the evidence?

There is plenty of evidence of people going to the moon, all the teams involved, all the tracking by radio, the pictures taken for the sattelites, the tv signal, etc etc

Kryton57: proving bencooper right.

Cougar

Do you really think the rest of the world said “Duh, they’ve done it now, I can’t be assed”?

It was all political point-scoring and willy-waving.

Going to the moon was – is – a massive undertaking. No nation is going to invest the sort of cash required without a good reason. In 1962, that good reason was to prove superiority over the red menace. I’ll reiterate what I said earlier, which you appear to have accidentally missed; do you really think the Russians would have let the US get away with not going to the moon and saying they did?

Anyone have that picture of Philip J Fry to hand?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The Apollo missions marked the first event where humans traveled through the Van Allen belts, which was one of several radiation hazards known by mission planners. The astronauts had low exposure in the Van Allen belts due to the short period of time spent flying through them. The command module’s inner structure was an aluminum “sandwich” consisting of a welded aluminium inner skin, a thermally bonded honeycomb core, and a thin aluminium “face sheet”. The steel honeycomb core and outer face sheets were thermally bonded to the inner skin.
    In fact, the astronauts’ overall exposure was dominated by solar particles once outside the earth’s magnetic field. The total radiation received by the astronauts varied from mission to mission but was measured to be between 0.16 and 1.14 rads (1.6 and 11.4 mGy), much less than the standard of 5 rem (50 mSv) per year set by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission for people who work with radioactivity.[23]

From here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Allen_radiation_belt

So, that’s that theory blown into the weeds. Next!

Kryton57

is it really possible that hoaxed moon landings havent produced some evidence? Where is the evidence?

Theres plenty about, the program highlighted showed a fair bit.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Dear “Kryton57”,

We are able to calculate the speed at which the moon is receding from the Earth because a laser is fired at regular intervals at a large mirror on the surface of the moon and the time of the return laser beam, measured.

If we have never been to the moon, how did the mirror get there?

Regards, “Woppit”.

toys19
    Free Member

Theres plenty about, the program highlighted showed a fair bit.

No it didn’t, there was lots of clutching at straws, all of which is easily debunked. We can do it here if you like. Why not take this opportunity to present your evidence, and tell us which bits of “evidence” on that program were plausible indicators that the moon landings were faked?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am not sure what is/would be more impressive. Sending people to the moon or maintaining a hoax. Either way, Americans your are AWESOME, but you know that already don’t you!?!? 😉

Kryton57

Mr Woppit – Member
    Dear “Kryton57”,

We are able to calculate the speed at which the moon is receding from the Earth because a laser is fired at regular intervals at a large mirror on the surface of the moon and the time of the return laser beam, measured.

If we have never been to the moon, how did the mirror get there?

Regards, “Woppit”.

Got any proof of that?

Regards “Kryton57”

Anyway its Christmas, lets not argue. When the next lot get there (was it China and/or India) we’ll find out won’t we.

toys19
    Free Member

If it were a hoax it would be way more impressive than actually getting there, considering all the irefutable evidence that they have been there.

In fact in order to perpetrate this hoax, we would have to send other men to the moon to make it look like Neil armstong et al going to the moon.

toys19
    Free Member

Kryton57, there are umpteen papers on the moon reflectors and their use, noit to mention the thousands of times that astronomers and students do this all over the world. If it was arranged for you to attend an experiment that fired a lazer at one of the moon reflectors would you accept that it isn’t a hoax?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The idea (following a simple search using “mirror laser moon” resulting in the internet thowing up a huge amount of information on the subject from reputable sources) that the experiment with the laser/mirror is part of a worldwide misinformation conspiracy is so moronic, that it casts doubt on the idea that “Kryton57” possesses anything resembling moderate imtelligence.

miketually
    Free Member

Don’t take the piss. You should respect all points of view.

I was being sarcastic, and also sending myself up with reference to the religion threads.

Damn, I briefly thought I’d proof you were definitely just trolling on the religion threads 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Mods, can we have a flag attached to the user names of anyone who believes the moon landings were faked? It would save time on other threads, as we’d know when to not argue with idiots. (If you could flag up anthropogenic climate change deniers too, that’d be useful. And people who think 650b is the next big thing.)

Kryton57

Woppit I haven’t researched the mirror thing, and TBH, can’t be assed. Nothing to do with my IQ, just a lack of desire to google / I must do some work today.

Toy’s yes I’d be interested to attend, especially if there’s cake and biscuits – although it is of course entirly possibile for a unmanned craft to drop a mirror on the moon…. so I’m not sure I’d be convinced quite yet.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Where does all this leave The Clangers?

piemonster

Some low quality but highly effective trolling going today

Kryton57

(Lol @ Mikeactually)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 366 total)

The topic ‘Moon Landing Hoax? Channel 5 now!’ is closed to new replies.