Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Montane Dyno vs Rab Vapour Rise Lite Alpine
  • dougieb
    Free Member

I’m looking for a soft shell that I can wear off the bike as well as on it. I’ve narrowed it down to either the Montane Dyno or Rab Vapour Rise Lite Alpine. Anybody got any feedback on either of these shells ?

sweaman2
    Free Member

USe a Rab Vapour Rise all winter; in fact I pretty much live in mine from October to April. But… I’m based in Calgary and so winter is -10 and below; even then I find just a vapour rise and a baselayer is pretty much all I need when I’m doing active sports (xc skiing etc). I like it but think it’d be pretty warm for cycling in the UK. Very breathable. The RAB cut fits me but it isn’t for everyone (long arms / narrow torso)

vorlich
    Free Member

Can’t comment on jacket, but my Rab VR trousers are brilliant.

I reckon you’d be looking at a temp range < 5C for Rab VR though, depending on venting options etc.

karnali
    Free Member

have the previous version of teh dyno and its great. the dyno’s are on offer at crc at mo

speed12
    Free Member

The Rab VR stuff has a brushed lining in it so gives a wee bit of insulation (not much in the Lite, but it is there), whereas the Dyno is just plain Pertex Equilibrium. I love my Dyno and reckon it’s the perfect biking softshell – really breathable as it’s non-membrane and because it is just a shell, you can throw it on over whatever else you have and you have weather protection, whereas the VR stuff means you are adding another (albleit small) insulation layer. I suppose it depends if you run hot (like I do) or cold. But the Dyno is certainly a good shout!

dougieb
    Free Member

Great help – at £59 at CRC the Dyno looks a no brainer. Going to get one of those.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Got a Dyno jacket, its awesome, not 100% waterproof or windproof but very breathable so no ‘boil in bag’ moments. Nice enough to wear off the bike too

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Montane Dyno vs Rab Vapour Rise Lite Alpine’ is closed to new replies.