Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Montane Atomic jacket – any good for cycling?
  • ell_tell
    Free Member

Looking to get a new breathable waterproof that I can wear on and off the bike.

These seem to get decent reviews for off the bike use but wondered if anyone has used one on the bike and whether they are any cop?

warpcow
    Free Member

Atomic DT Stretch? I’ve had one for a couple of years. Nice and waterproof but absolutely not breathable enough for cycling, for me anyway. Last time I wore mine while cycling it got soaked though with sweat. Otherwise it’s good though; light, fits well, well thought out, properly waterproof, and has lasted a lot better than the vaguely similar North Face one I had before.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Atomic DT Stretch?

I was just looking at the standard Atomic – it seems to be the same jacket just in a less stretchy material it seems.

billyboy
    Free Member

I was very impressed with Montane Atomic waterproof trousers….. until I rubbed a hole in the crutch next to the seam after less than six months. I don’t think they do so well as Paclite does when dealing with mud and grit.

matt_outandabout

I had (now worn out) a standard DT. Great jacket – good cut, good hood, simple, I liked the venting pockets, worked really really well for me. Not as breathable as some, but meh, at the price I paid I was not arguing. Did 3 years work as my own jacket up hills, across trails and down rivers.

ell_tell
    Free Member

That sounds promising matt. It’s not made from e-vent, gortex or similar but I suppose I’m after the best of a few worlds and it seems reasonably priced from gooutdoors at 99 quid.

matt_outandabout

It is the classic good brand (well made, well designed, good cut etc) in a cheaper fabric. I would much rather this than good fabric and crap jacket cut / fit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Montane Atomic jacket – any good for cycling?’ is closed to new replies.