Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Money to spend
  • trevron73
    Free Member

I am lucky enough to have been given £1000 for my 40th. My house is paid for (well just getting built)but paid for .My car is ok and i got 2 ATB, the missus has got me a tasty watch ,im at a loss what to buy. I dont want bike parts or upgrades i fancy something that will last for years, I might buy a couple of ounces of gold and keep for when the price goes up. We got some artwork so i’m not after a Banksy or owt ?? any suggestions ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Magic Beans, £1000/kg delivered PP Gift….

Gold is at a high price currently, more rises might not yield much.
    Fine wine or Whskey?

gmex619
    Free Member

Whiskey.. I like that idea myself.

But I would say Gold is the best idea. Buy non jewellery items though as its much better value.

tomhoward

Hookers and blow

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Gold prices – things don’t go up forever.

smaca
    Free Member

From left field.. How about some skills training / a course of some sort ? Memories last forever 😉

Doesn’t have to be bike related. I hired the services of a pro racing driver for a 1 to 1 for a day, including use of Silverstone and hired Exige for similar £ (though that was a few years back)

I usually kick everyone’s ass at karting on stag dos /birthdays / corporate events now. Priceless 🙂

Lego

My boy collects the starwars stuff. I kid you not the price rises 300% over a few years

He has just sold some little lego starwars figures he bought for a 1$ (Florida) and sold them for about £8 each.

I’m amazed by it all

birdo
    Free Member

Electric guitar, something like a fender strat. Gives you something to do when you can’t get out to ride.

slackalice
    Free Member

For someone who appears to have everything…. Donate it to a charity of your choice, or something altruistic like that. Or better still, give time to a charity of your choice.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

WHISKY!!!!!!!!!!

dingabell
    Free Member

You sound pretty comfortably off so don’t worry about buying something which will increase in value. Just splash it on something that you’ll remember forever. Priceless.

hainman
    Free Member

+1 WHISKY…..You could get a beatifull bottle of malt and invite us all for a dram….

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

trevron73 – Member

I am lucky enough to have been given £1000 for my 40th. My house is paid for (well just getting built)but paid for .My car is ok and i got 2 ATB, the missus has got me a tasty watch ,im at a loss what to buy. I dont want bike parts or upgrades i fancy something that will last for years, I might buy a couple of ounces of gold and keep for when the price goes up. We got some artwork so i’m not after a Banksy or owt ?? any suggestions ?

Sucks to be you!

I’m a watch addict. I’d buy another watch…something you won’t lose money on, and may even make a bit.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

A massive tattoo?

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Crack and Hookers. Or even Crack on Hookers…

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice holiday with whoever was kind enough to give you £1k.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

– Skills course.
    – Bike holiday!
    – Personal trainer sessions?

For the money you could get all three!

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

‘Buy experiences, not possessions’ is a phrase I was once told.

Do a skydive over the great barrier reef, landing on the beach in Cairns. (Might be pushing it for £1k, but that would be the kind of thing I’d do)

traildog
    Free Member

Save if for retirement. It’ll allow you to stop working a month earlier.

If I had that sort of money that I had to spend and yet wasn’t sure what to spend it on, then it would go on a holiday (probably involving an event of some sort) without a doubt. T-P perhaps.

jekkyl

Holiday ftw, somewhere HOT with bicycles. Whistler? Calafornia? Thailand?

or get a cheap flight to Amsterdam and GET OFF YOUR FACE for a week.

rocketman
    Free Member

As above a holiday somewhere seriously hot that involves bicycles

trevron73
    Free Member

Chakaping i think you are right , its from the mother ,a holiday with the family would be great but we do that every year and as amazing as it is ,i need action ?

Kryton57

rocketman – Member
    As above a holiday somewhere seriously hot that involves bicycles hookers and crack”

There you go.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Money to spend’ is closed to new replies.