Money claim online & Ebay – experience / opinions!

Home Forum Chat Forum Money claim online & Ebay – experience / opinions!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Money claim online & Ebay – experience / opinions!
  • dooosuk

You’ll never make the Ebay buyer pay up.

djglover

Threat of a CCJ might help things along though?

dooosuk

If you like wasting your time, go for it.

Just relist on Ebay on a one day or 3 day aution.

djglover

I listed my car for sale on ebay in an auction starting at 1p, the car reached a satisfactory level and the buyer said they would collect the car today, subject to sale of their own car.

They have gone quiet on me now, so I am presuming their buyer pulled out.

problem is I could do with the cash as part payment on the car I have bought and am collecting next week so my current thinking is

Sell the car at webuyanycar.com and issue a small claim against the bidder for losses on the difference c£700 + fees and costs.

Any experience of this process, or any critique of the plan, from experts or armchair experts alike?!

paulwf

Just list the car as a classified ad, that way if people are interested they can come and buy it straight away. The few times I have tried an auction the sale has never gone through (in fact I don’t think on any occasion did the person even come and look at it)

solamanda

Relist it ASAP. All the other people who were watching or put in a bid on the car will be informed it has been relisted. If you wait those people might find another car.

If you are in a rush you could put it on a 3 day listing but start it at 10-20% less than the price it reached in the first auction to get it going faster.

I had similar when selling a high end bike recently and did exactly as above and got the same price.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Money claim online & Ebay – experience / opinions!’ is closed to new replies.