Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Mondraker Gravity Enduro – Who punctured?
  • lbjones
    Free Member

Come on, name and shame yourself… 😯

markhw
    Free Member

Not me running wtb bronson tubeless great tyre for rocky riding

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Saturday was tubeless so fine but on sunday I punctured on the transition to stage 1!! Realised how bad it could be with a tube in so ran my hans dampf at 45psi. Got a bit drifty in places but glad I didn’t puncture.
    Bit rocky wasn’t it!

A little funny with all the people scattered down this stage (If I were you I’d watch the first 15 seconds, then skip to 1:20 to get an idea of the pedally bit, then 4:15 till end):
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBem-3aO7Vk[/video]

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My chain jammed on day 2 near the end of stage 1, but I was happily coasting off the brakes after the wheel of the guy in front. The devils put a slight re ascent before the end and he was gone while I stalled, refitted the chain and caned it to the finish. Clutch mech finally let me down!

It was puncture tastic that stage. Didn’t someone get coptered off?

dropoff

Devon air ambulance took a guy to Taunton with a suspected dislocated shoulder. Very, very good piece of flying to be able to land where he did.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Blimey. Some poor chap knocked himself out on stage 1 at the end of Saturday. He came round and walked up the track to the pickup but he was really confused. Hope these folks are all OK.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Meee! Pinch flat on Sunday stage one. Hugely irritating, as I ride down that trail quite often, and I know it’s a pinch flat paradise. I made sure I had extra air in the tires, and tried to be as smooth as possible, but still flatted. Added 5 minutes to me time.

jam-bo

Nice vid. Is that the run off dunkery?

I had a massive stack there a few years back with sharki. Tried crossing a rut at speed and ended up about 20ft from my bike in a ditch.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Timed Trails were:

Sat stage 1: webers post direct down ridge to Horner ( his honours path-ish)
    Sat stage 2: east off webbers through the plantations with two fresh cut tracks joined by a fire road
    Sun stage 1: Macmillan Way from Dunkery Hill road
    Sun stage 2: Selworthy wood connecting several public footpaths and a section of new cut track
    Sun stage 3: webers again -sat stage 1

Saturdays climb trail up to the stages was “judges ride”
    Sunday trails went east from Horner on the BW to turn right and climb spangate lane up, up and down wootton common, climb up sellworthy Combe.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

was an air ambulance really necessary for a dislocated shoulder? he didnt look too bothered to me?

I went over on my own and I must say it was a great event and met a lot of really nice people to ride with!

Strava says I have the quickest time out of the other 88 people who used strava on that dunkery stage woo!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Times not collated yet it seems. Want to see how far behind my mate I was. Hopefully not too much. Good job anus. Where you near the start?

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

nope i was waaaay back in the queue but it seemed about 10-12 with punctures at the side of the track! hence didnt have to pass anyone haha.

I was on a yellow ibis with blue helmet and wifebeater, you?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Black and yellow jersey, white helmet, beard, lumo green Tracer 275.

treemagnet
    Free Member

Rear flat sat stage 1 on an ardent, changed to high roller 2 for sunday and all good (with tubes).
    shock blew out somewhere down stage 1 sunday tho …took a big hit!

emmodd
    Free Member

More importantly, what’s happening with the results? How long does it take to work them out?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Shock blown – ouch!

Result seem to be taking a while. I assume you are looking at: Shred

Roots and Rain have done a very decent job with the pictures. I’m likely to buy a couple.

stevede
    Free Member

Shock blown on stage 1 – think how my knees felt on my hardtail 🙂
    Awesome weekend, loved every stage, got caught out on stage 2 on sunday in the wrong gear on the sharp climb, couldn’t change quick enough so had to dismount and get in a more appropriate gear! Much techier than last year, loved that, stage one from sat (final stage sunday) and stage one sunday were my favourites. Top event, just hoping the results don’t end up being as dodgy as last years if they ever surface that is!

elliptic
    Free Member

That’s me with the plate of scones in Buzz’s report… stopped off at Selworthy NT tearooms, seemed rude not to as we were going right past & had plenty of time in hand. The local vicar was sat at the next table 🙂

Both my Saturday timed runs featured unplanned excursions into the undergrowth but Sunday’s were all clean. What a grand weekend.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Did stage one on the Saturday three times and got three pinch flats. Borrowed a more heavy-duty inner tube for the Sunday and ran higher tyre pressures and got through it unpunctured.

Lovely area. Brilliant riding. Get the feeling that the event only scratched the surface of what’s there to be ridden. Did an off-piste detour to the top of Dunkery Beacon, not realising that the timed section started on the road where it did. That Stage 1 descent on the Sunday was absolutely blinding – well worth the journey time.

Great event. Even won some minor schwag in the raffle on Saturday night.

orena45

No flats for me, running tubes, but two riding mates running tubeless got puntures.

Had a great day, though the heat was taking it’s toll on me towards the end!

Strava says I have the quickest time out of the other 88 people who used strava on that dunkery stage woo!

Well done on that one anus, I’m 5th fastest on that stage on Strava 🙂 Got briefly held up by someone but not too much (probably wouldn’t have gotten close to your time!)…certainly my best stage of the weekend!

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hello All

Thanks for the positive comments regarding the event – as sponsors, attendee’s and riders we also loved it.

Thanks to all of you guys who attended for creating such a great atmosphere, really getting into the spirit of the event, looking out for others and, most importantly, not killing each other over the free t-shirts 🙂

Sadly as always there were a few of the usual knobs who tainted it slightly by turning over porta-loo’s, stealing banners, damaging property and generally acting like 16 year olds getting drunk for the first time however aside from that I have nothing but praise and respect for everyone else who attended and made it such a great weekend.

I hope some of you managed to grab some goodies in the raffle and that the new owner of his Dune RR frame is still grinning!

Regarding the results – I have it on good authority that they will be posted today. Apologies for the delay.

Oh and for the record – I punctured twice!

See you all next year 🙂

Richie – Silverfish UK

elliptic
    Free Member

Saturday results are up. Yay!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well I’m pleased with Saturday’s results – not losing too much time against elliptic 😉

16stonepig
    Free Member

My GPS actually says I stopped for 40secs for my crash on stage 1. If I hadn’t, I would have been top 50! Curses! Hopefully Sunday’s run on that stage will be respectable.

elliptic
    Free Member

Well I’m pleased with Saturday’s results – not losing too much time against elliptic

Aye but that was including extracting myself from the bushes both times 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’m taking that into account!

lbjones
    Free Member

Love the vid db100, its amazing how long that stage is on vid, it seemed to fly by riding it. I managed to survive without flats, although I did hear rumours on the Sat of a boulder fest so slipped an extra 5 psi in the tyres sun am, seemed to do the trick!

Great day out though, looking forward to sun times although ive got a feeling stage 4 was shocking, your vid looks twice as fast as I was going!

stevede
    Free Member

I’m also happy with Saturdays results, stage 4 if your meaning the 2nd stage on Sunday will be where I slide down the results. 20th on 1 and 40th on 2 on my trusty hardtail, I’m happy with that

antennae
    Free Member

was an air ambulance really necessary for a dislocated shoulder? he didnt look too bothered to me?

Nobody requested it, so I think it was just a speed thing… to get an ambulance from Taunton to the top of Dunkery Beacon must take ages.

Dislocated shoulder and fractured elbow. Reckon he was putting a brave face on it but he was in a lot of pain.

Heli guys just seemed happy to be out flying on such an awesome day 🙂

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

fair enough, i was waiting at the bottom of the stage for a mate and heard the chopper go over and we were wondering if that was what it was…

Stage 1 – they cocked up my time so aparantly i took 58mins
    Stage 2 – 10th place 😀

elliptic
    Free Member

Sunday results up now as well.

stevede
    Free Member

Anyone else finding Sundays results a bit odd? My mate finished 12th with 2 flats and a slow push to the line after fixing his punctures, I finished 237th on what I thought was my strongest stage, ash mullane (elite dh racer) finished 220th and my mate mark finished 222nd and he’s also an elite racer. The other results for the day seem accurate (as in me and my mates are about where we should be in relation to each other).

elliptic
    Free Member

Yep something up with stage one, they seem to have taken them offline again.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My timing for Sunday Stage 3 is well out – I didn’t take 5:30 unless I nodded off for 3 minutes in the middle! Ah well, I expect the hamsters are whirring furiously behind the scenes to fix things 😀

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker Gravity Enduro – Who punctured?’ is closed to new replies.