Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mondraker Crafty R 2020
  • kaj0103
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m looking to buy a Mondraker Crafty R 2020 model. I have 2 shops telling me different things about size. One says I should be a medium and the other says I should be a large the one saying large is sticking to mondrakers size guide. The other sounds like an experienced rider, saying he has the bike, is 5’11 and his is medium. I am 5’10.
    Does anyone have any experience here?
    All my other bikes are mediums by the way and I think I’m average in proportions.
    Thanks

kaj0103
    Free Member

Ps, I can’t ride one as all the places that have them are too far away.

abingham

Any chance to try them first? Mondrakers do tend to be pretty long for the size.

If you can’t try them first, try using https://geometrygeeks.bike/ to compare the Crafty with another bike you know fits nicely. You could compare the medium and the large (if they have it) against an existing baseline bike you have to see how they stack up against it.

kaj0103
    Free Member

That’s a cool site. Thanks for that.
    They do seem to come up big. And if I compare the MR Large to a medium Levo it’s huge.
    Any idea why they come up so big? Do they have a different discipline aim?

abingham

I think the forward geometry counts a lot towards a fairly long reach/TT measurement. I had a Foxy XR a few years back and that was a long bike – very very capable though.

kaj0103
    Free Member

Would you think that for a relative novice a the bigger or shorter bike would be more suitable. I know the answer is probably down to preference a little but happy with opinions (I’m comfortable on bike park wales blues and easier reds but not a great jumper for anything trickier)

abingham

Ah, just because I had a good bike does mean I was a good rider! Sounds like you and I are about the same level. I’m usually between small and medium and tend to size up to a medium but it is very much a personal preference.

Maybe find the closest reach to your Levo and plump for that if the Levo fits nicely!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker Crafty R 2020’ is closed to new replies.