Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Mondraker bikes?
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

Can anybody talk to me about their bikes; in particular the foxy and the dune?

I’m looking at an all rounder with slight bias to going down. Also comparing them to Lapierre’s Spicy/zestys.

Thanks in advance

crush83
    Free Member

im intrested too, looking at the foxy RR

atlaz
    Free Member

What do you want to know? I’ve had a Dune for getting on two years. Very happy with it. One friend has a Zenith and seems happy, another has a Dune too and has done the last two megas on it with nothing breaking except when people ran into him.

Suspension works well, goes uphill quite happily for a 6″ bike and is far more capable than I will ever be downhill. I’d say you wouldn’t be disappointed but I would say that I suppose.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Sounds good. I suppose I’ll need to test ride them first but was wondering about reliability etc as they’re not as celebrated as other brands so much. Or at least, I’ve not heard as much about them.

Sizewise how do they feel – do they feel compact/stretched out for their size. At 5’11 I like my bikes smaller rather than bigger.

I’m also wondering whether I’d need to extra travel the dune offers or if I’d be ok on the foxy.

atlaz
    Free Member

I ride a large and I’m 6’1. I used to ride a medium trance and it was definitely a bit tight but this doesn’t feel huge. Best to try one for size really. I tried my mate’s medium before choosing for sure.

honourablegeorge

Be aware – they’ve gone mental for this year…

stuarty
    Free Member

Thats a hell of a nice ride…. 😀

GW
    Free Member

hopefully an 18 wheeler will be along any minute to sort it out in the looks department

jonkineticcycles
    Free Member

Our shop in Wewyn has a large Foxy RR available to demo if you’d like, email should be in profile

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I think the normal dune and foxy look ace. That one does look a bit awkward although I’d like to try that cockpit setup.

Jon, sounds great but I’m up north so I don’t think that’ll work. Shame!

lister11
    Free Member

The new longer top tubes will be available as the xr models of a few already existent bikes. The standard ones will still be sold also.

I have a dune. Really happy with it. Just came back from the mega….faultless. when new I did need to pop a volume reducer in the shock and retune the stock tune to suit me better.

In hindsight, I think I should have (and will do come new bike time) gone with a foxy and ran it with 160 forks. Would be better up and along but still super capable down.

Oh, and go with a RR model. My basic QR rear end is a little flexy when railing berms. So much so I get some tyre rub from a 2.35 Hans dampf. Even with a 10mm axle conversion.

They really are great rides. Don’t be put off by large rear sag settings. My dune climbs very very well, for a 160.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Hmm I think I need to test ride both bikes and try them out. Anybody know where near Manchester has them?

continuity
    Free Member

Fabien rides (or used to) a foxy with 160’s up front. I think it makes the perfect enduro racer.

Just be sure if you get a fox XXV shock to buy a shim kit.

neninja
    Free Member

A mate got a Foxy to replace a bike destroyed on a bike rack in a crash. He wasn’t sure at first but once he got the seat etc set right he really loves it.

He’s way faster on the downhill bits than the climbs but I suspect thats not the bike.

crush83
    Free Member

a 160 forked foxy RR sounds nice will have to get a test ride in i think.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve owned a Dune and a Foxy. Loved them both.

Only had 150mm Revs as my max forkage on the Foxy, would have liked to try with 160mm forks though.

Dune is pretty short in the TT, long WB still though. Really liked it and would have kept the bike if it hadn’t been nicked.

Got rid of Foxy because it was a bit long in the TT (large bike and I’m usually a med) – but the BB is a bit lower than the Dune and it was the best cornering bike I have ever ridden. Made some incredible “saves” where I was sure I was going down.

Got to say QC does nto appear to be their strong point and I’m undecided about owning another atm.

You’re welcome to email me if you have any specific questions.

continuity
    Free Member

Chakaping – don’t you like the new vogue? Long tt and short stem?

Wait – you mean it was the wrong size for you. Did you try a medium?

jwt
    Free Member

I’m sure Lee @ Grizedale mountain bikes would be able to help you out with Test rides…………

chakaping
    Free Member

continuity – I like a long-ish TT for XC but shorter for AM riding, as I discovered.

The medium Foxy had a really short TT though (longer now?), Mondraker are famous for their wacky sizing.

ajh4446
    Free Member

I have the Dune and love it, pedals really well and the minimal DH use that it has got it has excelled at.

I’m looking to sell the medium frame for a large (hint hint) due to my 6’1 frame and usually liking a smaller frame. Anyone interested let me know

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I think it’s probably the Dune I’ll be going for to be fair however I’ll definitely try both. I’ll try Grizedale and see what they say. 2013 bikes coming out may make me struggle for what I want anyway but we’ll see.

ajh4446 I’ll be going for a full build but thanks for that – out of curiosity how much will you sell the frame for.

Thanks

ajh4446
    Free Member

I also have the full build right HERE if you are interested.

Send me an email or PM and we can discuss as its a shame to just have this bike doing nothing over 200 miles away from me. (I live in York but its being stored in Brighton)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker bikes?’ is closed to new replies.