• This topic has 43 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Monday Survey: What’s worrying you today?
  • binners

One of my colleagues, who I’m presently sat next to, has just had a portion of beans on toast, amounting to a whole tin of beans, she then disappeared again and came back with the same again, which she’s just devoured. Thats two whole tins of beans consumed by someone sat in dangerously close proximity to me.

I have concerns. Particularly with regard to any sources of ignition

You?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The forecast for the next few days looks abit wettish, other than that – nothing really.

Harry_the_Spider

Whether the garage can stick a new alternator in my car in time for me to get to my karate grading. They’ve got 3 hours and 11 minutes.

If I’m not shouting in my pyjamas by 5:00pm i’m ****ed.

DezB
    Free Member

My doc has told me to come for blood tests on Weds, but I’m on these anti-coagulant meds. So when they take my blood, will I ever stop bleeding? Well, not, like ever, but until I’m empty…

Now I have concerns that someone can eat more than 1 whole tin of beans in one go. My issues seem purile in comparison.

flyingmonkeycorps

I mean, I like beans as much as the next person. Quite often if Mrs Monkey is out for the night I’ll have beans on toast for tea. It’s like a slightly dirty treat.

But I have one tin. And that seems like a lot, to be honest. Two tins seems… Well.

Good luck Binners.

jimmy

I’m on a classroom course today and containing my flatulence. Then I went and had bean chilli for lunch. I call it sphincter strength training.

weeksy

Whether the wifes car will be ready at 1:30 when i finish, or if i’m doing an 18 mile ride home today.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m concerned about the (lack of) office heating.

Frankly, it’s disturbing.

weeksy

Quite often if Mrs Monkey is out for the night I’ll have beans on toast for tea. It’s like a slightly dirty treat.

LOL that’s got to be the least dirty treat ever… more like a large dominos, beers and about 12 mince pies….

DezB
    Free Member

I call it sphincter strength training

It’s like a slightly dirty treat.

Now I’m worried that my mind has put these two phrases together.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Driving to Malta next week.  Hope the bluetooth radio is installed so I don’t have to listen to incomprehensible radio stations for the trip

fasthaggis

The only worry I have today is that my pet Civet won’t crap out enough beans to make a decent cup.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The shit forecast weather wreaking havoc amongst my sheeters/muck shifters/brickies and ground workers. Mainly the muck shifters this as they have a 1000t of type1 to place and trim on tuesday/Wednesday. **** rain!

onewheelgood

I’m more than a litlle concerned about living in a country stuffed full of bitter, small-minded racists and wilfully ignorant thickos.

willard

Today? Will I be able to mount the front mud guard on my commuter in a way that both a) stops it bouncing around annoyingly when it goes over small bumps and b) does not mess up the carbon forks I have on the bike.

Life is hard.

DezB
    Free Member

@onewheelgood – have you just started worrying about that?! It’s been like it for as long as I can remember!

cashback

I am worrying that letting our new puppy sit on my lap while I work is setting myself up for trouble in the future.

onewheelgood

@binners, were they full size, 400g tins of beans? If so, regardless of your fears, that is a mighty achievement which should be honoured in some way.

Also, I’m hacked off that my new desk has been delivered having been dropped from a great height and one corner is crushed and another is cracked. So I’m going to have to do battle with the returns process and delivery schedules again.

@DezB
    , true, but until a couple of years ago it was possible just to ignore them. Which I guess was part of the problem.

thepurist

I’m worried about whether the Martians will shoot down NASA’s latest probe or let it land and then hide from it.

bukobuko
    Free Member

I’m worried about Tuesday’s Survey, What will it be????? 😬😬😬😬😬

Klunk
    Free Member

we’ve made the internet and computers too easy to use any idiot can get on line and spout their nonsense like this chap on the bbc hotter summers article

What a load of malarkey. This climate change nonsense is getting on my NERVES. It’s a hoax by greedy scientologists just to try to get more money from grants. It’s time we said as a society that enough is enough and lock up these loons.

😀

tomhoward

I’m worried Binners has been engulfed by The Fog, and is presently chocking to death. Or worse, hes got into an ever escalating arms race to produce the most obnoxious fart, thus decimating the Greater Manchester Area

onewheelgood

@Klunk – now you’ve really ruined my day. The level of ignorance and stupidity displayed in those comments is just off the scale. The sooner we’re extinct the better. 500 years max.

Bregante

I’m not exactly worried – more sceptical about what time I’m going to finish work tonight after another chaotic weekend in the wild West of Salford. I’m going to guess at tomorrow…

funkmasterp

I’m worried about walking home from the train station. My right calf appears to have turned in to a block of cement and is hurty

Milkie
    Free Member

Worried that I can’t support my caffeine addiction.. 1 Kilo of beans in 3 days for 2 people, we were at work for one of those days too.

avdave2

I’m worried that I’m not apparently worried by anything and the worry is that that is because whatever it is I should be worrying about is so bad that my mind has just shut it out completely. So I’m worried that I might have adopted a head in the sand approach, and of course worrying about this may just be a waste of time because everything may be fine anyway. So I’m worried by the fact that I am simultaneously worried and not worried.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member
    blader1611
    Free Member

I am worried that my wife has just bought a money pit for a car which could have all been avoided by me having half a brain. Just bought a 14yr old Mini Cooper S convertible and only now have we realised that tax is £325 a year. I was so engrossed in checking it was mechanically ok that i forgot to check running costs, insurance and fuel and they are not nearly as cheap as we were hoping. Do we kiss goodbye to a £240 deposit or see the purchase through at even more expense?

CountZero

I was a bit worried this morning that the physiotherapist I was going to see about my arthritic left knee would  leave me weeping like a girl, but she was lovely and only hurt me a little bit, and afterwards at work it felt better than it has for weeks. So a good result for a Monday.

northernsoul

HSE inspection later in the week… that and colleagues who think safety is something you worry about the day before a HSE inspection.

The inspection is not likely to cover bean safety, or even skanky microwaves (unless 2-tin bean consumption leads to a RIDDOR reportable incident). That said, a microwave is no use to me as the only way I like beans is boiling the **** out of them in a pan so that they form a skin on cooling. 😋

JoeG
    Free Member

footflaps

I’m more than a litlle concerned about living in a country stuffed full of bitter, small-minded racists and wilfully ignorant thickos.

And that’s just STW forum members…

Kryton57

One of my clients has just halved their contract renewal period, which is a five figure reduction in my Sales numbers I can’t hope too find before Christmas.  I will now get paid less than last year having sold 1/2 Mil more, and no Hols to Portugal, let alone pudding.

avdave2

I’m now worried that the amount of What Bike posts on here is going to halve!

RustySpanner

That 15 hour days (including commuting) are going to kill me sooner rather than later.

Soooooooo tired.

wwaswas

My 82 year old dad was admitted to hospital earlier in the week – unable to speak, apparent significant urinary infection, diabetes issues.

After a night on a trolley in A&E my mum (85, had been home to get some sleep) went to see him and was told he’d discharged himself.

He was wearing pyjamas when admitted and had a coat but no shoes.

Mum queries this, nurse insists it’s the case. Repeatedly and with increasing vigour. Mum confused phones my sister who speaks to nurse: “If he’s gone call the police, he’s vulnerable confused and ill”. Nurse realises she’s making a career decision and goes to look:

“Oh, he’d been moved round a corner – we couldn;t find him so assumed he’d gone and updated the computer.”

**** shits assuming a bloke in pyjamas who can barely talk let alone walk’s going to go through an official self discharge process. ****.

Anyway, he spends the day in a corridor, got his diabetes under control so he’s now coherent and is then transferred ‘to a ward’ as he’s been there 24 hours and breached all sorts of targets.

Gets to ward: “You’ll be sleeping in a chair in the relatives room”.
    “I won’t”
    “Pardon”
    “I’m not sleeping in a chair.” he put his coat on the floor and starts to lie down on it.
    “you can’t do that, it’s not safe!”
    “it’s this or you get me a bed.”
    10 mintues later he had a bed.
    There were 3 other men in the same room preparing to spend the night in a chair.

So mixed feelings;

1) there’s some uncaring bastards working in the NHS – proper ‘computer says no’ types – prepared to play with an old woman’s fears and an old mans life until told what the consequences are likely to be.
    2) this is November – we’re barely into the peak season for strain on the NHS – there’s no spare capacity. If you get ill this winter you’re playing a lotery as far as treatment and care goes and it’s largely not the fault of those providing it.

*and breathe*

DezB
    Free Member

we’re barely into the peak season for strain on the NHS – there’s no spare capacity

They’ve been cut so much, there’s no “season” for this unfortunately… they’re beyond capacity at normal times.

footflaps

there’s some uncaring bastards working in the NHS

Possibly just compassion fatigue, if you’re overworked 24/7 in an understaffed and underfunded hospital, you either become slightly detached or have a nervous breakdown and end up signed off sick.

wwaswas

I think there’s a ‘professional distance’ that’s appropriate footflaps but I wouldn’t expect the sort of response to someone in my dad’s condition disappearing to be ‘Oh well he’s wandered off, that’s one less to worry about, let’s get him off the screen as a red case asap.’ – this was done 3-4 hours before my Mum got there.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Monday Survey: What’s worrying you today?’ is closed to new replies.