Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – June 30th
  • Harry_the_Spider

Ed. YGM.

lowey

Baby sitter sorted.

See you all up there 8ish.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Looks like I can bin work off early enough to get there.

Not having been on one before, I’m feeling very ‘first day at new school’.

Also, take it lights are needed?

binners

Best to shove lights in. Also, look out for Harry.

He’ll have your dinner money

Bregante

Rivi tonight

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Lights will definitely be needed tonight. Last part of the ride will be San Marino…

No need to be nervous. The only ‘initiation’ goes by way of introducing yourself and buying the drinks all night 😀

(Why have all the emoticons had bits shaved off them? Or is it just my PC?)

Harry_the_Spider

Cracking ride Craig. Thanks.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Good numbers tonight chaps! Enjoyed that!

Bregante

Cheers Craig. Top night.

nach
    Free Member

23! Excellent ride, cheers all.

If anyone who didn’t come is reading this, and has a long travel hardtail bike, go find San Marino. It’s incredible 🙂

dazh

Cheers Craig, good route that. I’ll bring a hair-net next time for the midges though.

That transmitter fools you into thinking you’re near the top, until you realise it’s much bigger than you think it is and you’ve another half a mile of uphill to go.

scaled
    Free Member

Definitely getting in to this Monday night thing, tonigjt was a cracker. Thanks for showing us all about and doing the counting! some sort of insect repellant is in order though.

Where are we going next week?

Bregante

The mystical land that they call Todmorden

nach
    Free Member

… which, by complete coincidence, is “Deadmurder” in German.

TheSanityAssassin

Ooooh, you Lancashire Ladies like your turquoise, don’t you…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ll be there, I think 🙂

hairyscary

Many moons ago one of the barmaids used to live in the room just above the sign…..good memories 😀

Bregante

4 hours kip is not enough.

Worth it though 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Many moons ago one of the barmaids used to live in the room just above the sign…..good memories

Why? Was that where they kept the crisps?

4 hours kip is not enough.

Neither is 5. 😕

Bregante

Shame hora binners missed this one.

lowey

Great ride out thanks Craig, and nice to finally meet you guys.

Glad 88 made it down. I rode back up San Marino as was getting a bit concerned after he didnt show for 15 mins. I was impressed he got down “mostly” intact riding without lights and a flat back tyre 🙂

Sorry missed the beers but had to be home as had my Daughters.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ocbL9n]20140630_212823[/url] by lowey.com, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oajKMW]20140630_212831[/url] by lowey.com, on Flickr

eightyeight
    Free Member

Just wanted to say a massive thanks for the ride last night. It was a bloody lovely evening!

Apologies for the epic mechanical on the way down San Marino. Suffice to say when I got my track pump out at home it went straight up. Also, a special thanks to Lowie(?) for waiting for me at the bottom and making sure I wasn’t a bloodied mangled corpse. I hope the babysitter was suitably relieved….

Thanks again and hopefully see you next week.

Oh, I’m in the market for a new pump and, most probably, a new wheel.

binners

Gutted I couldn’t make it last night. Looks like a belter too. I bloody love the San Marino 🙁

I just need to check… as WW is now contributing graphics to the thread, did he maintain the tradition of ‘leading’ the group from a considerable distance behind everyone else?

dazh

did he maintain the tradition of ‘leading’ the group from a considerable distance behind everyone else?

I think he took it to a new level 🙂 Obviously a devious trick to punish the people at the front with 5 minutes of midge torture at the top of every hill.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Told you the ####’s were at the front! 😉

wittonweavers
    Free Member

My only other picture from last night. If anyone else has pictures can they share them? Ta

Harry_the_Spider

Both of those pictures are called “Can I see the Isle of Man?”.

edhornby

the worst midges were hanging about at the front of the pub in the little carpark !!

that was a cracking evening ride, makes all the crappy weather riding all the more enjoyable, and thanks for the lift HtS 😀 considering I rarely get out on a monday that was a pretty good one to get out on

eightyeight
    Free Member

Somebody (apologies there were a lot of new faces last night) was showing me a decent pump they had, don’t suppose anyone can tell me what is was? I’ll be damned if I’m starting a ‘What pump thread’, though not being able to finish San Marino was bloody annoying.

I’m thinking about heading up again tonight if I get away. What is an un-puncturable psi on a 26er – 40?

Will upload a couple of pics once I absorb the technical ability from staring at a flickr login page for long enough.

nach
    Free Member

I pinch flatted on almost every ride just after moving to Calderdale, and I’m finding now I’m up to 35 – 40 it’s mostly ok. Still happens occasionally, but worked for San Marino last night.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

apparently you chaps terrorised my gf when she was out for a gentle evening ride up there…

wittonweavers
    Free Member

@eightyeight think it was me – if we were talking about it in the pub. This is the one that i have.

Mt Sparkle said he thought it was a bit big – but its light and fits fine in my backsack. It works well too!

@xherbivorex That must be the lassy we passed in Rivington. She did look a little bemused to be suddenly confronted by 23 prime athletes!

trolleywheels
    Free Member

Another really great ride out. Thanks again to all involved..

Here’s my picture, I have a high quality one of anyone wants a copy.

Lee (Beard)

dazh

I’m a big fan of lezyne pumps (I must be I”ve got 5 now!).

My latest model, which comes with a CO2 inflator

Got one of these too, which is very quick for pumping up tyres

They are also very nice and shiny.

scaled
    Free Member

Cheers for the panorama, it’s now spread across all 3 of my monitors at work 🙂

wittonweavers
    Free Member

scaled – take a picture of the panorama on 3 screens…

eightyeight
    Free Member

Thanks Witton. I’ll make sure I was just being a bit slow last night, then I’ll hit the button on that.

So I’ll be going sans pump this evening. What an adrenaline junkie….

ETA: Ooooh that Lezyne pump IS shiny. Does it have a pressure gauge – that’s the deal breaker.

Harry_the_Spider

Like the panorama shot, especially the “flipper effect” going on with the footwear on the guy just to the left of the sun. 😀

scaled
    Free Member

Doesn’t really work taking photos at that angle!

Clover

Cracking ride! Thanks WW.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – June 30th’ is closed to new replies.