Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride
  • Harry_the_Spider

So… what is the plan?

Sadly I’m working away next week so while you lot are out enjoying yourself I’ll be in some ghastly business hotel near Gatwick.

binners

Hit the North by binlidski, on Flickr

I think the plan was to start from the the Eagle and Child, whereupon the Rammy massive will whisk you up over the turbines and for a lap of Cragg quarry, finishing with a blinder of a descent.

I was also going to nip in and see if we could do some chip-related arm twisting for our return. There will be beer, but no floor show

We could even do an earlier start if our timetable is no longer dictated by Acid Zumba classes 😀 The same run took us a good couple of hours+ last time out

Bregante

d by Acid Zumba classes The same run took us a good couple of hours+ last time out

Yes sorry about that. I’ll have my third weetabix this time 😳

Harry_the_Spider

We could even do an earlier start if our timetable is no longer dictated by Acid Zumba classes

Thanks for the offer but I’ll be away all week.

Have fun.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Early start sounds like a good idea!

Last time we rode up there it was a cracking night! Bone dry…

RustySpanner

Working again.

If xherbivorex shows up, turn him upside down and shake him till he gives you the chocolate and date flapjack type things.

Torture him if necessary. They are THAT good.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’m in.

binners

Bump for later! Who’s in then? I was thinking 7.45 start from the Eagle and Child. Not the Coach and Horses like last time. Different route from last time tonight. But we will be doing a lap of Cragg

It’s going to be bloomin windy up there tonight folks!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

sorry pete, we ate the last of the tiffin on saturday.

tonight, i’m off to the manchester space4cycling city centre ride/tory conference protest thing.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Yes – I’ll be there and Tony and Neal are coming over too. 7.45 is fine. See you at the Eagle and Child – I trust that you have had the foresight to check its open on a Monday? No repeats of last week allowed!

binners

I have indeed. They’ve only recently started opening on a Monday

Harry_the_Spider

?

jaqsobo
    Free Member

I hope to be there too….would be a crime not to given I live so close by!

binners

Good stuff. Its a good job we’re not daft enough to go up onto the kind of place they’d bung a load of wind turbines. Oh…. hang on a minute….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-zLnq_8Fyg[/video]

I reserve the right to change the route depending on if there’s a very real chance of being blown off (fnarr fnarr) the moor. Having said that, it’ll be a laugh! 😀

Bregante

I should be there providing I can get a slight modification finished on my bike

Bregante

Looks like Harry’s in a hotel room with a couple of strippers.

Bregante

I’m not going to make it now chaps because the good Mrs B isn’t going to be home for at least another hour and the weird old bloke who lives next door on his own and stares at the kids playing on the street isn’t answering his door or id ask him to babysit.

That’s the last time I’m having kids!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

We all know its really b’cos your scared of a bit of wind…

Bregante

Hey, I’ll have you know I’ve ridden behind binners after he’s had beans for his tea.

jaqsobo
    Free Member

Hey, you lot must have got off sharpish.

Thought I was there on the dot but no-one around and no blinking red lights off in the distance…considered chasing up Cragg after you but decided it’s no place for a lady in the dark on her own…for the very same reason I wasn’t going to wait in the pub 🙂
    I did climb up the bridle way pass Fisherman’s but didn’t spot any lights bobbing on the hillside.

I’ll make sure I am early next time just to be sure.

binners

Sorry we missed you. We were bang on time. Actually… That’s pretty unusual. We’re normally faffing and running late.

We had a good run. It was mad windy up at Cragg! Surprisingly enough for somewhere surrounded by wind turbines! Its dried everything out nicely though. Apologies to everyone for being even slower than usual. Quite an achievement. My knee has swollen up nicely after my first incident. The second one down Owd Betts was a joy to witness, I’m sure.

Ibuprofen on toast it is then

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Good ride last night! Thanks for organising it Binners!

Sorry we missed you Jagsobo. We did wait until 7.45 before setting out. It was a bit chilly and breezy to be hanging around so once we got to the set off time and there seemed to be no one else coming, there was no hanging around… we were off!

jaqsobo
    Free Member

No worries..I literally must have cycled up as you headed off then…waited around a bit…then by the time I looked up the road you were out of sight.

Totally agree that unless someone had said they are categorically coming you need to head off at the planned time and its up to the person to make sure they are there.

Sounds like a good ride was had.

I’ll be early next time 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride’ is closed to new replies.