• This topic has 96 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – July 21st : The Homecoming Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

We’re back to the place where it all began.

No big climbs this week but plenty of singletrack action with some berms and jumps (for the brave) thrown in.

8:15
    Church Inn, Prestwich
    Bring beer money

GregMay
    Free Member

Only if we completely ignore the blue ‘trails’ will I be there. Had a totally pointless attempt at removing all my skin riding around them last night. The red is ducked as well.

Harry_the_Spider

The red trails are (not)maintened by http://www.ncagb.co.uk/ should anyone wish to make contact. We’ll give them a miss is they are knackered.

GregMay
    Free Member

The second jump (tourettes leap) is past the point where it is safe now.

scaled
    Free Member

I’ll be avoiding tourettes leap like the shoulder destroying plague that it is!

GregMay
    Free Member

FWIW, all the not trail center trails are fine…

terrahawk
    Free Member

The second jump (tourettes leap) is past the point where it is safe now.

sorry, but that’s cobblers.

Harry_the_Spider

Compared to some of the stuff we’ve been riding recently I can’t see Philips being any worse.

Meanwhile… back to the OP.

Is anyone playing out on Monday?

binners

Im in

dazh

My Mrs has requisitioned Monday night to go out on the p*ss with her mates so sadly I’ll be missing this one 👿

Harry_the_Spider

Is Claire Danes joining us?

scaled
    Free Member

I hope that’s a one off Daz!

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

I’ll be there.

dazh

Indeed it is. I’ve put a repeating appointment in her Google calendar for Monday nights saying ‘PUB RIDE’. I did protest at this one but she said something along the lines of ‘You’ve been out on your bloody bike every night this week and you’ve just had a new one delivered so don’t dare complain!’. I didn’t argue.

binners

You want to put a stop to that Daz! Then again…. new bike? Out every night? How the hell have you wangled that?

dontdropthesoap – Fancy riding over?

Harry_the_Spider

My wife recently suggested that she should attend her Acid Zumba class on a Monday and that I should arrange to play out with my “little friends” on another night.

I did this look…

and she changed her mind.

Result.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Can do Binners.

buck53

No climbs? I’m in. (Successful weekend bike fettling dependant)

hora
    Free Member

I’m definitely not coming or building up an old Chameleon for this.

scaled
    Free Member

anyone riding up from town? I don’t know the way by the way 😀

I’d probably head up after work and have a play for an hour or so before hand

Harry_the_Spider

No climbs?

I didn’t say no climbs. There will be some climbs, but nothing like in recent weeks.

binners

Hora – if you’re building up another Chameleon, I think I’ve got the perfect ride for you over in Tod. You’ll love it! Ideal territory for that particular bike. Trust me 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Good grief. Did you get that picture off Operation Yew Tree’s website?

edhornby

The 21st is my wedding anniversary, so we will be doing something nice. Not bikes then

buck53

I didn’t say no climbs. There will be some climbs, but nothing like in recent weeks.

Lalala! Can’t hear you…

eightyeight
    Free Member

Aaaaaaaand I’ve broken my arm (that’s right in time for stag and wedding)

Phillips park and the red runs are running fine, have a good one

binners

Harry – Claire’s just texted. She’ll turn up if you get her a pint and some pork scratching a in in the pub afterwards. I didn’t mention the whole Acid Zumba thing. Thought it best

Bregante

If Claire’s going to be there I’m going to wear my lucky undies.

Harry_the_Spider

Aaaaaaaand I’ve broken my arm

How on Earth have you done that?

binners

You need to MTFU. Contador did 20k with a broken leg. We never do more than that! 😉

eightyeight
    Free Member

The bit after the style after San Marino. It was late and the darkness under the trees surprised me. Should have put lights on, but I was so close to the finish I didn’t bother – lesson learned.

Feeling pretty sorry for myself at the mo.

scaled
    Free Member

I can’t even imagine the flak that you’re getting from MRs 88 right now. As such i’ve deleted all the mean things I was going to say, glass boy.

Harry_the_Spider

San Marino in the dark without lights?

10/10 for style
    0/10 for good thinking

Get well soon.

eightyeight
    Free Member

I just didn’t realise how dark that bottom section got, but yea 10/10 for stupidity.

dazh

Oh no 88, that’s very unfortunate. Although given the number of times you kept saying “I’m not allowed to get injured before the wedding’ I suspect it was destiny. Just tell Mrs 88 that it could’ve been much worse as you were going so fast you were lucky to get away with a broken arm. She’ll be so relieved that she’ll forget about the arm. Maybe.

binners

OOPS! Has she spoken to you yet? Or are you still just getting ‘THAT‘ look’?

hora
    Free Member

This morning I was rewatching this beaut: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Chromag-Trail-Boss-video-2012.html

That Chameleon would look nice in Prestwich.

Harry_the_Spider

Just tell Mrs 88 that it could’ve been much worse as you were going so fast you were lucky to get away with a broken arm. She’ll be so relieved that she’ll forget about the arm. Maybe.

Yeah… like THEY think like that.

That tactic is likely to result in the other arm getting broken too.

eightyeight
    Free Member

She’s holding back pretty well to be honest. I’ve had a few ‘stop riding like a dick head’ and even a ‘well you might as well sell your bike, your not going keep riding it now, are you?’. Ive tried “it could be worse”, that doesn’t seem to help….

Cast will be off for the wedding, so hopefully no issues.

jonjones262
    Free Member

I might come along. Just figuring out how to get my bike there.

My car is in for a service and will be in a small courtesy car.

Maybe my bike in bits in a travel bag in the boot?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – July 21st : The Homecoming Edition’ is closed to new replies.