Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Monday Morning debrief No.8 – Where did you get to this weekend?
  • solarpowered
    Free Member

Started at Hope, went up……down….., over……, round….. , up some more and down some more! ’twas great!!!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Brechfa Raven and Gorlech on Saturday with elliptic. Was very filthy, battered, slightly bruised, and tired by the end – a good ride with some intense sections. Then met with more mates for a relaxed spin around Cwmcarn “twitch” trail on Sunday. I had forgotten how much fun it is, esp. the options at the top. 😀

Am half wishing I’d taken my 18sp FS rather than the 9sp HT as I’m feeling beaten-up today. 😕

adi66
    Free Member

Lap of the Dog & Monkey at Cannock at 9 am on Saturday, at warp speed to get home to make Mrs Adi66 brunch in bed.

Met up with some old (and a few new friends) at Sherwood Pines yesterday… and I loved the new “down hill” run, especially the ride back up (I’m a bit weird like that I love going UP hills as much as I like going down them)

Oh plus my regular 32 mile a day commute, 380 miles last week 😀

richpips
    Free Member

matt1986 – Member

Richpips were you riding near Hyde on Saturday sure I saw your group?

Yes, we went as far N as Hyde.

Sanny
    Free Member

Went for a ride in East Lothian up into the Lammermuir Hills. Found some really nice sections of singletrack trail linked together by (GASP!) dry Land Rover track.

It was ace and a nice change from the usual waterlogged trails of the west coast. Even managed to find myself in an old Nuclear Observation Bunker and found another one yesterday much closer to home 😀

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Wasn’t intending to go out ( normal trail buddy couldn’t make it and I had no car ) but a couple of lads I know who do dh invited me to grizedale forest to do the dh black there. Really enjoyed it, even made it into the top ten on strava so well happy 😀

dantsw13

Somewhere muddy in East Sussex – that doesnt narrow it down much at the moment!! Night ride tuesday, then Jedi training on wednesday – cant wait!

martinhutch

First proper run-out for the new Soul build in the Dales. Only one thing needed de-snagging on my return, which is a triumph in my eyes. And who needs a granny gear anyhow?

postierich
    Free Member

Had the chance of a ride around Whinlatter trails so took that, back in Kendal for 1pm felt fairly fresh gave the SO a chance to go out on her road bike but she declined so a loop around Kendal to finish off a good day!
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/258945100

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/258945100

jezketley
    Free Member

Aston Hill on Saturday. Quick 10 miles round Common Wood on Sunday. Low on overall mileage for the weekend, but high on fun.

cinnamon_girl

Two little exploratory pootles on Salisbury Plain for me, yesterday’s was rather foggy!

Got a tad nervous on Saturday when I realised someone was whistling at me, turned out to be a young chap needing to borrow a pump. He said he was thinking of changing his bike cue much bikey chat. 😳

Always good to check out new tracks. 8)

OCB
    Free Member

I spent some of my ride yesterday at the very edge of the known world, just staring out at the endless ocean.

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

I did a steady 31 miles on road bike saturday. Sunday was at Ladybower with the Mrs. Just walked around res’s (slippery stones). What a beautiful morning, not a breath of breeze and nice sunshine. Loads of mtb’rs about enjoying the great conditions. To make up for lack of ride I had a quick walk up steep hill from C Park (one on left after cattle grid) and a jog back down, saw a young lad with his dad riding up, the young lad very nearly cleaned it – most impressive.

cakeeater
    Free Member

Pentlands on Saturday. 3 hours, unsure of distance. Bit boggy in places but all rideable. Much fun.

fieldy
    Free Member

Spent a few hours in Wharncliffe on Saturday afternoon.

Enjoyed it, although some of the ‘walkers’ weren’t very friendly!!

matt22
    Free Member

Had a team ride around Watersmeet in Lynmouth no walkers there thos time of year so its awesome

matt1986
    Free Member

matt1986 – Member
    Richpips were you riding near Hyde on Saturday sure I saw your group?
    Yes, we went as far N as Hyde.

Saw you I was with 3 others riding the opposite way

jimmy

Innerleithen Enduro & XC trails on Sunday, then guided some juniors round the Pentlands on Sunday.

Nice to get out both days.

smartay

Parked the car at the Nova center Prestatyn and rode with my son to Colwyn Bay peir, hot chocolate stop and back along the coast cycle route

tc3nitro
    Free Member

Did 20 miles in Swaledale that included 3000ft of climbing !
    Had a great day and was made more then welcome by the guy at Dalescyclecentre.
    Fremington Edge was a dissapointment to the end of a long ride.

yunki
    Free Member

Sunday was a bimble around the bridleways of East Dartmoor, fairly successfully avoiding a preponderance of mud..

yesterday was spent gently coaxing a very asthmatic but enthusiastic and determined Mrs Yunki around Haldon.. 😀

boo01
    Free Member

4 days riding round Afan Forest, South Wales
    A bit wet but had lots of fun on the whites
    and wall levels.
    The wall level had 3 or 4 new section and a ace
    bike park with 5 or 6 runs..
    on Sunday hit cwmcarn on way home 🙂
    love south wales!!

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning debrief No.8 – Where did you get to this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.