Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Monday Morning Debrief 48 – we've got visitors and we're sharing the love..
  • Dave
    Free Member

Here’s our ongoing weekend:

Monday Morning Debrief 48

Share yours here…..

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I also had visitors. My oldest biking mate, who got me into mtb riding some 24 years ago, was over from Cyprus. The last ride we did together was on the side of Mt Olympus in the hot, dry dust. This ride was sliding around the near-freezing mud and leaf mulch of Northumberland. And we had just as much fun.

Old habits die hard. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Working, it’s quiet and dull, got a 15mile run in this morning though.

tomwood1981
    Free Member

Riding in the mountains near to my current home in Belo Horizonte (Brazil): probably one of the world’s best riding spots. ST should come and check it out! Dry trails, hot sun, refreshing waterfalls, endless singletrack, a HUGE trail scene and icy beer and barbecue to re-energise!

leo72
    Free Member

A photo from yesterday’s late autumn ride at lake Delsjon peninsula. Gothenburg, Sweden. Credit: Photo: Natasja Jovic, Hillside Cycling

drapper
    Free Member

I ran sat and bought a santa crz bronson (delivered next week) and cycled my ff29er bike here :

roverpig

Rode from home, up over Bennachie and back (3 hours). Still trying to convince myself that you can roll everything from Oxen Craig to Back ‘o Bennachie. I’m 90% sure it all goes. Actually I’m 100% sure it goes if you hit the right line, but only 90% sure that I wont go off line, drop the wheel into a hole and throw myself into the rocks. So I’m still wimping out of some bits, which is frustrating. Still, it will come one day.

trusty

Rode Symonds Yat / FOD, which as great and not too busy. New stuff on the Freeminers trail is pretty good, worth a look if you’re in the area. Then had a pint or 2 with the boys from SRAM you’re showing around who’d been enjoying themselves with the locals.

variflex
    Free Member

RIDING by varifle, on Flickr

robdob
    Free Member

Link to my Saturday – with pics!
    Great weather round here on Saturday…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-longest-day-off-road-with-pics

matt_outandabout

No riding, sadly, but we did manage a super walk – and spied *the* most buff singletrack…so a trip planned this weekend…!

Dunkeld walk by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

lunge

60 miles on the road bike for me. Which is fine normally but as I only intended to go 20 miles I had not eaten before I left which made the ride a touch more challenging. Nice ride though, all around the suburbs of Brum, some if which are very nice.

hairyscary

roverpig – Member 
    Rode from home, up over Bennachie and back (3 hours). Still trying to convince myself that you can roll everything from Oxen Craig to Back ‘o Bennachie. I’m 90% sure it all goes. Actually I’m 100% sure it goes if you hit the right line, but only 90% sure that I wont go off line, drop the wheel into a hole and throw myself into the rocks. So I’m still wimping out of some bits, which is frustrating. Still, it will come one day.

To the treelike is definitely rollable, even on my 26’er 🙂 . After the treeline it gets a bit fast for rolling off stuff.

I rode the Hill of Fare on Saturday and managed to punch a rock with my pinkie 😳

fuzzynod

Rode Fod Verderers and the new Freeminers on Sunday great riding without getting completely plastered like last weekend in the Cotswolds even time to wash the bike in the bike wash and have a cuppa and cake in the excellent cafe before heading home for tea.
    Love the FOD

stever
    Free Member

I raced the European cross country qualifier in Sefton Park. I didn’t get in, not even as a reserve. Not even first V40 called Steve.

dawson

Local canalpath pootle with the kids and then called in for coffee at my mums, just like my dad used to with me and my brother, when we were kids.

roverpig

To the treelike is definitely rollable, even on my 26’er . After the treeline it gets a bit fast for rolling off stuff.

I’m OK from the treeline down to the car park and the bit just above that as it’s all fast and fun. It’s the stuff from Oxen Craig down to the signpost for Back o’ Bennachie and the first bit from the sign down. Most of it is fine, but there are still a couple of bits that I baulk at. The stupid thing is that I don’t think the stuff I’m wimping out of is any bigger than some of the stuff that I’m riding. I’m sure that once I’ve ridden it all then it will all seem trivial. But there’s no hurry.

I rode the Hill of Fare on Saturday and managed to punch a rock with my pinkie

Ouch, sounds painful. It can happen anywhere, I guess.

kelvin

I didn’t ride very far. Loved every metre of it.

jameso

Road miles Sat, Sun was man-made trails for the first time in ages, at Swinley. Brilliant fun, lovely flowy stuff. Busy near the centre but quieter than I expected everywhere else.

tang
    Free Member

I’ve had old friend and pro enduro rider Jamie Nicoll from NZ staying. We took a prototype 650 carbon enduro bike to the local DH spot. Jeez he can ride, soo fast and smooth. Mind you he should be, smashed the enduro circuit as a privateer this year, beating all the big guns at some point. Great to follow for about 1 minute until he vanishes. The time I’m through a switchback he’s at the bottom. He is a real gent and spent sometime with the local lads who built the runs. The rest was bike talk and eating!

jamcorse

Rode up and down and up and down Mount Meru in Tanzania, glorious but thiiiick dust, roll on the rain.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Love those pics Matt. Must ride up that way more often.

nedrapier

Saturday: 30-odd miles on the road bikes with some friends west of Bath. Some hills, some cold, some brown drinks and some brown food by the fire in The Hunters Rest – ale, chips and gravy and onion rings. Nice day out.

Sunday we took the surfboards for a drive across the Severn Bridge, looked at knee high and dropping Porthcawl with about 70 people out, played hacky sack for a bit, sacked off surfing, went for a walk along the beach, looked at where the Sea Bees live, played Throw Stones At The Stone, fish and chips (more brown) then ICE CREAM!!! then home.

bontyboy39

Was working this week-end, so today was my Monday morning debrief!!!!!! Tyrebagger, Elrick hill, up’n over Brimmond hill, finishing with a lap of Kirkhill, all in all a grand day out, thy nos!!!!!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning Debrief 48 – we've got visitors and we're sharing the love..’ is closed to new replies.