Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Monday Morning Debrief 44 – Stormageddon edition
  • Dave
    Free Member

We had two good rides in filthy conditions, while listening to the tales of the incoming stormageddon

Monday Morning Debrief 44

Where did you get to?

bikebouy
    Free Member

WIND
    SURFING !!!
    8)

Dude

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I led our predominantly road orientated clubs first MTB ride up around North Leeds and a good time was had by all.

It confirmed its time for mud tires but it also popped my mud cherry and I ended the ride at peace with the fact that this is it now for the next 4-5 months.

Regarding ‘Stormageddon’ I’m think this is Southern softies being all dramatic, looks like a standard Autumn day up North to me.

cnud
    Free Member

We had a go at Stannage Plantation in the Peak. It was “interesting”

nickbc
    Free Member

Yesterday, 25 miles in the Yorkshire mud, including an off into said mud resulting in a purple and blue buttock! It was MINT! Can’t wait to do it again…Well…minus the bruised arse bit!

kimbers

50k round a blustery afan on Saturday 1st ride my new kona process , loved it

plyphon
    Free Member

It was the first “probably should of worn water proof socks” ride of the year for me.

rOcKeTdOg

saturday at a very wet and windy Penmachno, sunday at slightly less windy but infinitely wetter CYB

jekkyl

26 miles out on the Cheshire plains, bit of the cheshire cycleway and some wooded bridleways, very nice too. We set off about 7.30pm with the big lights on and prepped for the worst of what british weather could throw at us, but there was little wind, no rain and the temperature wasn’t too bad either.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Drove to Birmingham Friday night, got drunk with my brother, drove back in Stormageddon.

crispo
    Free Member

Fantastic weekend up in Edinburgh visiting a Uni friend.

Train up on friday with a top gear-esque race from Wavely Station to his house, me on my trusty Stumpjumper, him in a c63 amg merc, he just pipped me back but that is because I got lost so had to consult my phone for directions. Think I would have had him otherwise!

Saturday we went to Glentress and rode the red route but added in a cheeky bit of black in the form of Deliverance and Redemption. Great ride and and surprisingly good conditions!

Couple of cheeky pints in the grassmarket in the evening.

Sunday he took me to his local after work ride at Carron Valley. It’s not the longest or hardest but we did it a couple of times and it’s a thoroughly enjoyable little jaunt out, even despite the very very wet conditions.

Yetiman
    Free Member

First weekend in a while that I haven’t made it out on the bike, and I’m up in Aberdeenshire so I can’t use the storm as an excuse as the weather wasn’t all that bad.

OCB
    Free Member

Friday – Long’ish run along the coast in the wind / rain with added scrambling in and out of most of the quarries along the way.
    Saturday – Short’ish ride in the wind / rain with my mum & cousin.
    Sunday – Fairly short run in the wind / rain.
    I’m off this week too, so there’ll be more of the same I hope!

properjob
    Free Member

Two old blokes with health ‘issues’. Saturday Mendip, Bleadon Hill, mild, sunny, breezy. Got home covered in crap, wives not impressed. Sunday took wives for lunch. Equilibrium restored. Bring on tuesday 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Saturday: 10km xc run in the rain.
    Sunday: A few laps of Bedgebury. It rained at one point, but otherwise fine. Lots of standing water, though.

peakrill
    Free Member

Shortish ride in the White Peak – wind and sunshine, followed by wind and rain, followed by wind and sunshine…

Mud, wind, rain, wet leaves, wet limestone, summer tyres equals some really scary moments plus a big grin factor in roughly equal parts.

Didn’t notice a Stormageddon though…

jameso

Roadie weekend. Rode home to visit family, 100 miles in blustery headwinds going east on Sat. Expected a bit more than I got on the way home, was 50 mins faster but no massive tailwinds as hoped for, just a pleasant push. Big gears and easy riding in still air at 25-30 in places, feeling like a pro )

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

We’ve had blazing sunshine in Bristol this afternoon. It’s still warm for the time of year.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

TBF, when is it not “very wet and windy Penmachno”?

Who do you ride with on a Tuesday night, properjob?

rOcKeTdOg

TBF, when is it not “very wet and windy Penmachno”

Well quite, as I heard two locals say”it’ll only be a shower”

“yes, but a shower in Wales can last 3 weeks”

kendonagasaki

Saturday was a very windy ride from Conwy and most of the way up Drum Mountain. Too be honest we did turn back, but we were advised by walkers that they couldn’t stand up on the top. Stayed ahead of the rain all day. Great fun. 🙂

vickypea
    Free Member

We did 25 miles round the Howgills on Saturday. There was a howling gale on the tops in the clouds, but the single track descent was great. We saw some fell ponies too. A low point was floundering through a quagmire half way round, but all in all, a great day out.

nearnshaw

We did a 20 mile loop in Calderdale on Sunday, Copley – Norland – Kebroyd – Rippoonden – Rishworth – Scammonden Dam – Pole Moor – Holywell Green – Norland – Copley!!! Bloody hard work, loads of mud and water, rain, gale force winds … had an absolute blast. You’re right, it’s good for the soul 🙂 I went out with a stressed out head from a busy week at work and came back calm and relaxed. Job done! Get out and ride – embrace the changing seasons as they add extra dimensions to your rides 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning Debrief 44 – Stormageddon edition’ is closed to new replies.