Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Monday morning debrief?
  • matt_outandabout

Well if no-one else will…
    Glentress with the gang and a new neighbours kid. Ace day, lots of kids riding round the place. Lots of ’awesome’ being shouted on each berm…
    Only downer was new neighbours son using his head to stop his bike after loosing it on a small bend on lower Spooky Woods section…
    Cue waiting for him to have awareness (10mins), proper vision (20mins) and balance (40mins) back … 😕 He did get back on and ride all afternoon, and is fine today… 😀

What did all you lot do?

chives
    Free Member

21 miles of various normal & cheeky round Haldon – first time riding off-road for almost six weeks after borking my knee – consequently took some very ‘interesting’ lines and swore at myself quite a bit between the laughter!
    Loads of deer up there early on too, which was nice.

martinhutch

Riding up and down streams in the Lakes mostly. They must have had a lot of rain overnight Sat/Sun. Wet arse for five hours and dog-tired at the end. Still good 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bspoked
    Free Member

New trail at Swinsty resrvoir, linked up with Stainburn.

yunki
    Free Member

I managed to shoehorn a couple of hours in on Saturday evening, mostly in the hope of finding a contribution for MTG’s weekly photo challenge..

Something prompted me to turn right as I left the house and head for Woodbury Common, too often I have turned left lately for a cruise along the coast instead..
    It was the first proper off road outing for The Flying Satsuma and I was pleasantly surprised

I got a bit more than I bargained for on the way home though, getting myself royally lost down a maze of meandering farm lanes that I had never discovered before, right in my backyard.. 😀

gee
    Free Member

Rode the last round of the National XC series at Hadleigh Farm. Never ridden a course that needed so much concentration round the entire lap. If you get a chance to ride there, go. It’s amazing to race on – absolutely brutal with no rest and considerably hillier than it looked on TV, but amazing. I rode all the A lines but not particularly quickly. I thnk the challenge here is to ride it fast and not crash, rather than to ride it – only the rock garden needed any kind of line choice, the rest was all rollable, sort of. Unlike natural trails there is no run out on an obstacle if you get it a bit wrong. Get it wrong, even a teeny weeny bit, and you’re going to be in trouble.

GB

martinhutch

New trail at Swinsty resrvoir, linked up with Stainburn.

Wossat then? Any good?

badllama
    Free Member

Lakes camping / biking /Pub weekend

Friday Eskdale > Burnmoor Tarn > Boot VERY wet arse! (First bit & last bit TOP! middle bit bobbins).
    Saturday Pub all day weather wrote off the riding 🙁
    Sunday Winlatter first time mate had been and he loved it 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Sunday morning hangover recovery ride = 30 miles on the CX

bspoked
    Free Member
    carlosg
    Free Member

I spent Saturday afternoon riding DH at Esholt , never been up there before and was pleasantly surprised. All the runs are quite short but theres loads of them. I also managed to ‘grow a pair’ and get off a 5′ drop for the first time in about 5 years.

Sunday was a family day.

stewartc
    Free Member

Managed to avoid the thunderstorms and get some local climbing in, sadly also managed to snap my chain at the same time (luckily my 11-speed powerlinks turned up the week before).
    Seems there are a few cases of XX1 chains giving up the ghost after only a few rides, maybe time to find an alternative chain to the SRAM one?

Managed to fix it and continue to enjoy the downhill bit of the Lo Fau Tau Trail.

senorj

Saturday – took my friend for a spin around Epping singletrack & was eaten alive whilst fettling a mechanical(his bike,10 horsefly bites each!).
    Sunday – Herts& Epping again & my first high speed off on a CX bike.Had to peel myself off the bedding this morning.ouch.
    Whiplash today & alot of bruising down one side of my body. double ouch.

martinhutch

Cheers bspoked – is there a loop suitable for less experienced riders there, or is it a proper red? Looking for new places to take the kids.

ononeorange

Saturday – did the Trailbreak Woodcote 65k ride with Mrs O, was very proud of her determination and the speed that she came down some of the descents. Saturday night in the pub.

Sunday was painting windows day, then fixed up her Soul and tried to bleed her Hope Tech brakes – every one of the reservoir bolts were rounded out though – grrrrr – and the little blighters are flush so no idea how to get them out. Swearing at them didn’t work. Fixed my ripped tyres eventually, then went out for a little test pootle. Lovely.

Tracey

First ride out since getting back last weekend from two awesome weeks with Phil and Lucy at Bike Verbier. Went up onto Cutgate from the Langsett end. Abigale was demoted to Kevins bike after trashing hers on holiday.Hade a great day out even if it all felt flat.

bspoked
    Free Member

Martin – there are permisive bridleways which are like trail centre greens. The new trail is almost like a “skills” line, with up to three options on each “feature”. Perfect for the kids development. Other bits there are just chicken lines. It’s good fun.

They even have a dedicated car park for bikists and horsists. Warning the walkers to keep out!

maxtorque

Excellent ice cream pic ^^^^^ 😉

I think i finally managed to find my riding mojo a bit on friday evening. Ever since breaking my wrist i’ve been a bit, well, probably tentative is the best word on my local trails, and as such have recently failed to flow down them. Bit weird, as i haven’t actively been thinking “ooh, don’t fall off you might break something” exactly, but never the less my riding has been stiff and one dimensional. Well, on Friday night i think i rocked! 😉 Back to hopping stuff, manualling dips, leaning the bike right over properly, etc. Felt pretty ace 😉

funkrodent

Picked up new Norco Sight on Saturday and took it to Penmachno to see what it had to say for itself. Pleasantly surprised. Despite the fact that it was pissing down with rain and I was back on the trails for the first time since grazing pretty much the whole right side of my body after a comedy OTB above Edale, I quickly found some flow and a bit of speed. Stayed overnight at bunkhouse near to Llanberis. Got to pub too late for grub, so stocked up for the next morning’s assault on Snowdon with tea of 4xpints, 1xPeperami, 2xDry roasted Peanuts, 1xPork Scratchings and 1xSnickers. Did the trick as me and my mate got up (hard) and down (mental) Snowdon before the 10am cut off. Were going to do Rangers, but did Llanberis because visibility up top was practically zero. New bike thoroughly tested and passed with flying colours!
    On a side note, on our way up Snowdon we were passed by a guy on a Zesty coming down. Normal helmet, no pads/armour and absolutely flying. He stopped to warn us about the conditions up top (fog, cold) and shot off down the track. Later saw that he had posted 8th fastest time on Strava for bottom half of Llanberis descent. Nice guy and proper quick on a bike, was great to see 🙂

vickypea
    Free Member

Did a 70 mile road ride with the club, but on a tandem with mr pea. The tandem weighs 55 pounds so it was hard work keeping up with the roadies except when going down hill!

rickmeister

aturday and SUnday around the Blck FOrest, we are new to the area so every ride is a bit of an adventure and make it up as you go along.

Off up to the Feldberg tomorrow…

matt_outandabout

ooooh, ice cream.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Monday morning debrief?’ is closed to new replies.