Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Monarch Plus servicing
  • geolog
    Free Member

Compression lever on my 2014 monarch plus fell off during a ride, so I bought a new lever and assembly. During fitting I had to remove the IFP can which caused a little fluid loss. Is this a problem? If so can I fix it by by topping up the fluid in the IFP chamber to the recommended level or is it a return to RS job?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Did the whole lever and cam fall out? I have fixed this in the past without opening the shock up, you do need to depressurise the IFP though. It just needs time, patience and a little care. (that was on a almost brand new shock though and it was not in need of a service).

BoardinBob

Full service guide is on the sram site. Its fiddly but can be done at home. IFP reservoir has some specific fiddly bits (bleeding it, setting height internally) so its not as simple as just topping up the oil but it can be done

LoCo
    Free Member

Needs a full strip & rebuild, at 2 years old ish you should really change the seal too so Full service time.

geolog
    Free Member

Lever fell out, but replacement lever has different cam fitting so had to replace the whole lot. In hindsight I probably could have jus put depress prised the IFP without removing (duh).

It’s a 2014 model but it’s only had 4 months use so seals etc are fine. LBS offers good value shock servicing so going to hand it to them to see what they can do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Monarch Plus servicing’ is closed to new replies.