Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Molini di Triora
  • crackhead
    Free Member

anybody been or going to “the best trails in the world”?

Leku
    Free Member

Going in September. Looks amazing.

Good write up in this months Dirt about it.

A friend has ridden all over Europe (semi pro downhiller, bike guide and writes for Dirt a bit) and said it was the best he’d seen.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yep, September also.

Been before. The write ups are true! 🙂 🙂

Leku
    Free Member

mtbtomo – when are you going?

I’m booked for 25th for a week.

Epic place, went with Riveira bike a few years ago. Some of the best trails Ive ever ridden.
    See Plumbers videos

And the guy at the start of this vid is Nasher off here and owner of R.Bike

another vid

Cheezpleez

Also going in Sept. Went with RivieraBike last year and it was superb. Amazing technical trails, great food, great place. Can’t wait

ianv
    Free Member

Question for those who have been.

I am thinking of going in April but neither of my bikes are apparently suited to the area: Stinky/120mm Scott Spark. Which would you take? Would the spark with pikes and stronger wheels work?

Thanks

goslow

Yes, a couple of years ago with Riviera Bike. Lovely little village, great riding. Going back ina couple of months.

nasher
    Free Member

Hey Ian

I think the spark with strong wheels and pike’s will be fine… The stinky is abig heavy thing and you need something that you can pedal a little on as not all the trails are 100% DH.

A 150/160 bike is pefect for here.. but we have had people on hardtails who have had a great time…

A

ianv
    Free Member

Nasher, in the end I decided to take the stinky to Portugal. Maybe another time.

ian

plumber
    Free Member

In my mind the best trails I’ve ever done and far far far better than that there famous Canadia

Ewan
    Free Member

Not sure about the best trails in the world (now i’ve toured BC), but certainly the best trails (i’ve ridden – swiss alps, french alps etc) in europe. Riveria bike are ace as well…

IMG_4801_flickr by Ewan Panter, on Flickr

Just imagine the best bit of woodsey singletrack you’ve ridden in the UK, then make it 5k long, and add an uplift basically…

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Leku, I’ll be out there 10th -17th, so our paths won’t cross

Ian – I took my 120mm Trek Fuel Ex last time and it was fine. Spark would be fine.

This time I’m taking a Zesty.

crackhead
    Free Member

are there any campsites out there?

nasher
    Free Member

are there any campsites out there?

You can camp at the sports ground, where there is access to showers, although the camping is “discretionary”

Or you can camp up at the coll, a beautiful spot an you can wake up to this..

nasher
    Free Member

Forgot to add, here is anice restaurant, with showers, parking etc…, and a trail that i 8km long that arrives at the shuttle bus 🙂

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Is Ray still taking the finese lines through the switchbacks?

nasher
    Free Member

finese? line? Ray gives the true meaning for “freeride” straight througha nd wherever he wants!!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

good to hear!

forgotmename
    Free Member

Im going on 26th, cant wait, it does look good.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Molini di Triora’ is closed to new replies.