Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mojo Rising suspension.
  • jimmy748

I just wanted to share the awesome customer service I received from Jack and the guys at Mojo, I sent my EXT shock for a service Monday wrapped in bubble wrap in an old shoe box, they gave me a call Tuesday to say the had found a hairline crack around upper eyelet, I’m not the original owner and it’s over 2 years old but they said they would speak to EXT and let me know the outcome, we had a chat about my riding style, were and what I ride and any issues I was having with the shock tune, got a call back yesterday to say they had replaced the upper body under warranty, a custom valve tune and base setting to try and then call them if I needed any advise on adjustments after riding, it arrived back today in full retail packaging, all for £109 including the return next day postage.

jk1980
    Free Member

I’ve also been helped by Jack at Mojo, their customer service has been amazing.

After buying my EXT Storia from them in September I’ve been tweaking and can’t quite get it right. They’ve been great on the phone, swapped a spring for me FOC, then also re-tuned my shock for me this week FOC with a one day turnaround time. Really impressed.

singlespeedstu

They’ve bled my EXT for me while I waited and swapped springs for me several times all for free.
    They’ve also lent me a shock to try before I bought it. Again for free.
    Top guys.

Akers

Good to hear, I have one on order.
    How are you all getting on with you Storia shocks? Worth the extra over an X2 or DHX2?

pimpingimp
    Free Member

It’s basically the service that Chris and Mojo used to build the popularity of Fox in the UK. They’re still the great team they were, just selling and servicing different stuff.

cleetonator

I’ve been meaning to get in touch with them about demoing a Storia and possibly a Selva on my Megatower. It’s reassuring to hear that there is good aftercare if i do buy one.

Bigmantrials

I need to give them a call, sent them an email about servicing my Cura 4 brakes but not heard anything.

Mbnut
    Free Member

I’d love to hear your views on the Storia too.

Are they hitting the spot, do you need to bleed them on a regular basis, etc etc.

I want one but I’m not a fan of parts that are needy, I want to fit it and never think about it again.

£1000 Is a s##t lot of money to be dropping on a shock.

Many thanks.

marksnook
    Free Member

A mate is selling one in the size I need, was trying to hold back as I figured a service and re-tune would be pricey, this is not helping!

jk1980
    Free Member

Akers – hard to say for me if it’s better than a DHX2 as I’ve not tried one on the same bike.

I do think the Storia has a lot going for it though. First of all the hydraulic bump stop gives you that extra bit of support that you wouldn’t normally get with a coil. Second, it’s super light, I think its one if not the lightest coil shock you can buy. Then as mentioned you get that great level of service from Mojo, as well as 2 springs included in the price.

I’m sure the DHX2 feels amazing if setup right, but all the above for me makes it worth it

marksnook
    Free Member

I bought the storia from my mate, should have it on next week by the time the bushings etc arrive. Might need a re valve to suit my rocketmax better. Hoping it keeps the coil feel while adding a bit of that ramp up my bike feels it needs. Spoke to Chris about it and although I’m not buying the shock from him he has been very helpful. Already impressed so hopefully the shock just adds to that!

honourablegeorge

jk1980

I’m sure the DHX2 feels amazing if setup right, but all the above for me makes it worth it

By they time you’ve bought a DHX2 plus a lightweight spring, there’s not much in it, pricewise.

buenfoxa
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a few weeks now.

Purchased from Mojo with Sam helping me out a lot by taking my calls and answering a lot of my questions. The tune they set it up with wasn’t far off, I had to add two more clicks of rebound damping and one less high speed compression damping for my local riding so I’d say they know how to set it up pretty well.

Had around 5 rides on it now, feels amazing in comparison to the Super Deluxe which came on my Bronson V3. Not much a surprise I suppose considering its a £1k shock. Build quality is second to none. And you can really feel the difference when changing the damping by a click or two.

If you can afford it its a no brainer in my opinion.

Stranga
    Free Member

Had my Storia for 18 months with zero issues, just contacted Mojo re servicing and quoted £100 which seems reasonable enough and they were super helpful with setup and adjustments when I bought it, its been fit n forget since then.

captaincook2
    Free Member

Unless they don’t have what you want in stock then your SOL. I’ve been waiting over 4 weeks for a Spring. Communication has been poor.

I imagine their springs (EXT) are manufactured in the Far East and to cut costs they order in batches, a bit like what ti-springs.com did before they went bust.

Not a direct dig at Mojo (apart from the comms and promises of it’ll be here “next” week)

I don’t mind waiting just wish companies were honest i.e. The item needs to be ordered in a large batch from Asia and that will take x weeks.

Stranga
    Free Member

Just got my shock back from service, bit revalving work done at no extra charge and my spare spring exchanged for something more suitable to my winter weight FOC.

If your looking to buy a spring captaincook2 then Ben Reid has some for sale on Pinkbike

Ad Here

cleetonator

Ext are testing a fork. I was thinking of demoing a selva from mojo too, but if there is a EXT fork coming I might wait.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8y46tkH6Cd/?igshid=qdka05kc7iur

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mojo Rising suspension.’ is closed to new replies.