Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mogwai fans- spec me a best-of?
  • Northwind

Just trying to knock together a mix cd for a couple of mates, just wondering what else to put on it or what to take off… ended up with:

Cody
    Hunted By a Freak
    New Paths to Helicon (1)
    Emergency Trap
    Glasgow Mega Snake
    We’re No Here
    Mogwai Fear Satan (the live one off of the rerelease)
    Batcat
    Friend of the Night
    You Don’t Know Jesus
    I’m Jim Morrison, I’m Dead

Any obvious omissions there? Trouble is I don’t know half the song titles so I can’t always find the ones I like 🙄 Don’t actually like Hunted by a Freak that much but it seems like it should be on there.

ratherbeintobago

Christmas Steps (the CODY version)
    I love you, I’m going to blow up your school
    Superheroes of BMX, Stanley Kubrick & Burn Girl Prom Queen (all from EP+6)
    Like Herod

Why a live version of Fear Satan?

Andy

16stonepig
    Free Member

No!
    Listen to the albums as a whole, it’s often the only way the individual songs make sense.

Check here for some fan-recorded live sets. Any where they do the extended versions of 2 Rights is worth listening to, loud.

stevious

I’d open with ‘Yes! I am a long way from home’ and throw in ‘2 rights’ if you have the space.

Either that or just lend them ‘Special Moves’.

Northwind

Ooh, good shout on 2 Rights, I’ll sort that, not sure how I missed it. Wasn’t that impressed with Special Tracks myself, but I’ll spin it again and see if it makes a better impression.

“Why a live version of Fear Satan?”

Because it’s about 2/3ds as long mainly… :mrgreen: Though it’s a damn good version. If I had the space I’d play it out with the album version though.

“Listen to the albums as a whole, it’s often the only way the individual songs make sense.”

See… I reckon an awful lot of Mogwai is basically horrible rubbish 😆 It’s like Tom Waits, you put the CD on for the good tracks but end up listening to a mad drunk shouting down a well while hitting random notes on an out of tune piano with his face. For every Fear Satan there’s a Stereodee…

Cheers folks!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve only been listening to the CODY album.

What album next?

ratherbeintobago

I’ve only been listening to the CODY album.

What album next?

Mr Beast.

Andy

Northwind

“What album next?”

Young Team IMO. Or Government Commissions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mogwai fans- spec me a best-of?’ is closed to new replies.