Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Mods meal out for Xmas ?
  • weeksy

Over on my forum i’ve arranged an afternoon out over Xmas for the Mods, to say thank you for the work.

Any way we should/can do the same and all throw in a tenner for a nice meal out for them ?

Mods work hard on forums and often are seen as the enemy rather than someone doing the dirty work no-one really wants.

So… anything we can do ?

IHN

Any way we should/can do the same and all throw in a tenner for a nice meal out for them ?

That’s a lovely thought, I’d really appreciate it, I’m sure the others would too

matt_outandabout

Aye, I would be up for that.

Over on my forum

teenagersridingdhfastworld.com ?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alexpalacefan

I’d be happy to chip in.
    Just Giving sort of thing?
    APF

weeksy

Just Giving sort of thing?

That was my theory yeah… i don’t mind what format for payment they’d like it but obviously someone at STW Towers would need to jump in with that part.

DickBarton

Are the mods not located in different areas? If so, will it be a meal-for-one for most of them?

IHN

If so, will it be a meal-for-one for most of them?

It’s alright, we’re used to it

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

teenagersridingdhfastworld.com

Do not Google or follow that link.

weeksy

Are the mods not located in different areas? If so, will it be a meal-for-one for most of them?

I have absolutely no idea who any of them are…. They don’t need to be in the same place, Mod 1 can go out at STW, Mod 2 go out with his missus, etc…

matt_outandabout

If so, will it be a meal-for-one for most of them?

Curry ding from m&s?

Blackflag
    Free Member

Luncheon Vouchers?

kayak23

Meals on 29er wheels?
    Makes the meals come alive.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

But yeah, I’m up for chucking a few quid in towards a meal in, meal out, case of beer, coke and hookers, or something.

(guessing a case of beer or just eat vouchers might work better if they’re in disparate locations, they’d likely need to share the others given recent inflationary pressures.)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

If its anything like when I moderated a FB group with 80k members on it, moderators are welcome to step away at any time (which I did because the inhabitants of the group were weapons grade douchebags mostly). I guess nobody forces a non-STW-employee to become a mod, its just a power trip/excuse to moan about how their work is undervalued etc.

weeksy

its just a power trip/excuse to moan about how their work is undervalued etc.

Mmmmm no

IHN

its just a power trip/excuse to moan about how their work is undervalued etc.

Uh-huh

the inhabitants of the group were weapons grade douchebags mostly

QED

thenorthwind

moderators are welcome to step away at any time

This is precisely the point!

the inhabitants of the group were weapons grade douchebags mostly

QED

Nicely done.

weeksy

And what happens if they all step away?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

And what happens if they all step away?

Ohhh I know this one

tjagain

the mods on here do a good job and get little thanks

i say this even having been on the wrong end of harsh moderator calls – because I probably deserved it 🙂

IHN

I think TJ probably owes them all a lobster and fillet steak platter, washed down with a couple of bottles of ’62 Chateau Lafitte 😉

Cougar

Historically, the moderators usually got invited to the STW staff Christmas do. In practice the attendees were me and Drac, and occasionally one of the anonymods.

If its anything like when I moderated a FB group with 80k members on it, moderators are welcome to step away at any time (which I did because the inhabitants of the group were weapons grade douchebags mostly). I guess nobody forces a non-STW-employee to become a mod, its just a power trip/excuse to moan about how their work is undervalued etc.

Hiya.

Edukator
    Free Member

i say this even having been on the wrong end of harsh moderator calls – because I probably deserved it

The bullying victim got sent home and the bullies continued causing trouble until they left the school. You didn’t deserve it, TJ.

weeksy

Well this thread didn’t exactly explode

Kryton57

Well this thread didn’t exactly explode

Maybe it got moderated, makes you think about who REALLY started it…. 🧐😉

willard

Curry ding from m&s?

Only the finest… I’d contribute just so they could have some naan with that.

DickBarton

Probably a daft question but is there a means to chip in yet? The Mods do do a thankless task, so more than happy to chuck some cash in to get split between them all to be spent on a meal/drinks/whatever they want, but I do keep checking back but haven’t seen the means of making a donation (which is probably not overly easy given they are probably located all over the place.

Perhaps a single point for a donation and STW Towers collects it and then splits it between all the mods (no idea how many there are) and does something like a PayPal Gift to each of them so they all get their amount (or a bank transfer for whatever).

footflaps

and occasionally one of the anonymods.

We have covert mods lurking amongst the users?

gray

I’d chip in!

Poopscoop

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Blimey, where did that come from?
    I’m in a better mood than you and I’ve got a broken cock.

Anyway, I think it’s a great idea personally.

dyna-ti

A tenner(Scotsman talking) theres a lot of people on here so that could add up to a fair amount. Less local curry house and more 5 courser at the Ritz, overnight accommodation inc.

I’m ok with it, but cost of grub(buy yer own booze) and any excess goes to charity. Mountain rescue would be my choice there.

maccruiskeen

will it be a meal-for-one for most of them?

Dinner for One is more a New Years tradition than a Christmas one, shirley.

ElShalimo

I’ll chuck a fiver in, if only to annoy DavidManChildBlunder

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I’ll chip in to help balance out the negative waves coming further up the thread!

Anyone sorted a payment facility yet?

tjagain

I’ll chuck in some dosh ( maybe not the full steak and lobster dinner as above tho 😉

I ain’t sorting out the money tho.  I can barely manage my own.

Ambrose

Happy to contribute too.

Where shall I post the sprouts to?

stwhannah

Posting on behalf of the mods:

The mods have said thank you very much for your kind thoughts, but rather than take your money they’d love it if you’d all just play nice and make their lives easy 😉 If you really want to make a donation in their honour, I’ve asked them to pick some suitable causes. Will let you know what they pick when I’ve heard back from a few.

tjagain

but rather than take your money they’d love it if you’d all just play nice and make their lives easy

Pfftpt!  do they want jam on it?

Poopscoop

stwhannah
    Posting on behalf of the mods:

The mods have said thank you very much for your kind thoughts, but rather than take your money they’d love it if you’d all just play nice and make their lives easy 😉

That worries me, are we sure the mods are actually regulars on here.😁

Caher

They’re algorithms who live off harmony vibes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.