Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Mods android browser issue.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

When on the chat or bike main forum page some kind of advert encroaches from the left and the right of the screen. Full height covering probably the first/last tenth of the page.

nairnster
    Free Member

Been getting this too. It’s like the far right f the page appears on the left, covering what should be there

boblo
    Free Member

Moi aussi. Great, rubber man, shit bank, shit car now this. Does anyone manage web at STW?

mrhoppy

Yup, me too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

So I’m not alone. At least I’ve been more productive at work the last few days.

Drac

I’ve fired an email to the Tech bods.

If anyone can grab some screen shots that would be great.

Website technical enquiries

If you have any questions or concerns about this website – tech@singletrackworld.com

ArcticBeast
    Free Member

I was getting that as well, just hit the setting and tick the request desktop site,that got me around the issue.

spooky_b329

From this morning:

Alphabet

I get the same as spooky’s screenshot. I’m using Chrome on a Samsung s5 running lollypop.

Drac

Cheers for the details.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

nickjb
    Free Member
    cyclelife
    Free Member

Just select desktop site in browsers menu cures problem on my S4.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ditto here, chrome on older tablet and moto G.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just select desktop site in browsers menu cures problem on my S4.

Not for me it doesn’t, chrome, nexus4.

nickjb
    Free Member

Refreshing the page sometimesget rid of it, which I suppose requesting the desktop site would do.

It would be interesting to get a screen shot from the designer/web person of what it is supposed to look like. If it’s wide enough to read it takes up too much screen space, if it’s skinny enough to be out of the way its unreadable

boblo
    Free Member

Designer? You sure? Development, Test and Deployment STW style: fiddle about/throw it over the fence/largely ignore inevitable protests… <sigh>

munrobiker
    Free Member

Thought this was my phone having a fit, it’s happened to me too.

scotroutes

It probably looks OK on the iPhone. 🙄

Drac

It’s fine on my iPhone.

Just for consistency like.

scotroutes

😆

spacemonkey

Have had this for 2-3 days too (Nexus 5 on Chrome).

+1 Arctic Beast’s advice re settings – that gets it back to normal (but shouldn’t have to).

chipps

Thanks for the info, folks. We’re looking into it.

spooky_b329

Get rid of it all together, it’s not earning revenue and it just makes the site feel like it’s completely boxed in with adverts. I vote for plain sidebars…but I’ve suggested that to Mark before 🙂 it’ll make the ads more noticeable I reckon, whilst decluttering the page.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

FFS?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

S een ike is or eks…

spooky_b329

I don’t know if its intentional (or perhaps my corporate laptop is changing what it permits to be displayed) but the new clean white sidebars are making my Singletrack experience much easier on the eye this morning 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Mods android browser issue.’ is closed to new replies.