Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Modernising Orange C-16 with old Sub 5 parts
  • londonpride
    Free Member

I have an Orange C-16 (one of first ones ever produced, think 94) which I’m currently got a commuter set up on.

I’m thinking of using the parts off an old Sub 5 to turn into a modern day hardtail – namely Hope Wheels and discs and Fox Float 100r forks.

Anyone know roughly what effect putting the Fox forks on will have to front end height and head angles? Will it be ridable, or just too high? I’m guessing head angle will slacken to a more modern position but bit worried about height.

Also is it possibly to convert old 1 inch headset into a 1 1/4 aheadset to take the Fox fork?

Then hoping a frame welder might be able to put on a rear disc mount.

But before I do all that I want to see if worth it and anyone any idea of how it will ride based on previous experience.

Cheers

boxelder

Non-starter on the 1″ HT. You’ll need q” fork steerer. Keep it rigid. I have the same frame – replacement for an earlier one I snapped the head tube off.

londonpride
    Free Member

Thanks Boxelder

Thought there might be a problem with the forks. Shame as would love a really lightweight HT with suspension up front and a great cheap bike for the winter wet trails!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Modernising Orange C-16 with old Sub 5 parts’ is closed to new replies.