Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Modern life may be rubbish, but…
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Cougar, you work for Canon

molgrips
    Free Member

I swear, I just plugged this thing in (HP Envy 5640) and went ‘add new printer’ and went to ‘add printer’ and clicked on it.. Maybe I’m charmed.

hols2
    Free Member

I mean it sneaked up on us, but we’re finally here. Printers work.

Unless you’re one of those Apple wierdos who buys a shiny new printer without checking whether there are Mac drivers, only to find that Mac marketshare is so small that a lot of printers only have Windows drivers. They really don’t see the funny side when you remind them, “Buy a Mac, they just work.”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    maccruiskeen

funkmasterp

Err…..no they don’t. An OKI, two Brothers and HP. All temperamental bastards. I’d send yours back molgrips it’s clearly defective.

takisawa2

Unless of course, it’s a HP printer that stubbornly sits “offline” even when it’s 3ft from the router, has full bars of WiFi goodness & can easily see both the router & my laptop from it lofty perch in the office. Never had much luck with WiFi printers. Never had much luck with printers full stop.
    I took great pleasure in launching the last one 20ft into the air & watching it disembowel itself on the patio.

Cars. Running a new car is my acceptance of how far we have come. Much as I love older cars, I have to say that once you get past the (for some) psychological barrier of accepting that running a new car is going to always cost £xxx a month, the benefits of knowing that any eventuality is covered by a warranty, it’s just one less thing to worry about.

Ewan
    Free Member

My last two printers have ‘just worked’ 95% of the time – the difference between them and all my previous printers is that they’re lasers. They don’t mind not being used from one week to the next – it was always the nozzle blocked etc that caused me issues.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

yup, ISTR starting a thread about printer issues some while back. Different printer now, same issues.

anywayroadup, Modern Life is Rubbish was released in May 1993 so from our position of 26 years later we need a new idiomatic expression as well as a new printer

DrP

From The Poke’s “25 funny things today” tweets..

everyone: make better products

phone companies: ok

computer companies: ok

printer companies: here’s an idea how about you go **** yourself

DrP

avdave2

I’ve recently thrown away two printers at work, one of which had never been used because we couldn’t get either of them working on anything running Windows 10. I took an old Brother printer of the shelf which has sat totally unused for the 6 years we’ve been in this building and possibly for a couple of years before that and it worked first time without any issues.

scotroutes

I have an Epson of some sort. It’s connected to the wireless network at home. I can print onto it from my phone – from anywhere in the world I have a network connection.

Frankly amazing when you think about it.

But of course, who actually prints anything these days?

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Modern life may be rubbish, but…’ is closed to new replies.