Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Moderation and contact information
  • Tom
    Free Member

Some housekeeping.

Our contact information and moderation rules remain roughly the same as before. For those who aren’t familiar with them, and until we get the proper pages back online, here’s a brief summary:

This forum is hosted by Singletrack Magazine, the finest mountain bike magazine on the planet (available by subscription and in newsagents). We’ll be getting our online shop back online soon. Issue 47 is due out around 29 Jan 2009.

The forum is a place for people interested in mountain biking to hang out and generally discuss all the issues of the day. It’s a moderated forum, though we don’t always get to see everything unless it’s brought to our attention. If you notice anything or anyone out of order email moderator @ singletrackworld.com and we’ll take a look.

If you are having registration, username, or password issues, contact webmaster @ singletrackworld.com.

For queries about orders placed through our online shop email despatch @ singletrackworld.com

For queries about subscriptions email subs @ singletrackworld.com

For queries about advertising contact matt @ singletrackworld.com

If you have anything editorial please email ben or chipps or newsdesk @ singletrackworld.com

If none of the above apply and you want to contact the Singletrack office please email office @ singletrackworld.com. Our office phone number, during working hours, is 01706 813344.

If you’re still not sure who to contact you can email me at webmaster @ singletrackworld.com and I’ll make sure it gets to the right place.

We would really, really, like to thank everyone for their support.
    Happy new year to all.
    Tom, Singletrack

mogrim

I did wonder, as your password reset thingy doesn’t work very well, and tells you to contact an admin – but doesn’t bother to tell you how to…

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

How do we post pictures – reply in english please, not your typical IT jargon.

Thanks in advance.

soma_rich
    Free Member

you click the img button and past in the images URL. You will need to upload you pic to a hosting site(Flikr, fotopic) first.

Gary_M
    Free Member

forum is a place for people interested in mountain biking

Can’t you change that to interested in cycling, just a thought. 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

I like your style Tom 😀

nosemineb
    Free Member

so you can edit but can you delete? Just tried posting a pic then deleted it using edit but this post is still here albeit ‘edited’

snaps
    Free Member

Can’t you change that back to mountain biking, Singletrack has always been a mountainbiking website slightly spoiled by constant roadie questions – if you have got a road query then ask on a roadie forum, I wouldn’t dream of asking an MTB question on a roadie forum.
    I like singletrack but it is in danger of becoming ‘just another general cycling forum’

burt
    Free Member

agree with snaps
    or change your name to single track road with passing places

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Have to agree here, mountain biking only surely?

Gary_M
    Free Member

a mountain biking website slightly spoiled by constant roadie questions

I find that a fairly childish and insular attitude. Many people on here are ‘cyclists’ rather than just pigeon holing themselves as mountain bikers. But hey what do I know I just ride bikes, I don’t care what kind they are or what I’m seen as.

burt
    Free Member

gary
    many people here do ride bikes, all sorts of bikes.
    take a look at the top it says singletrack mountainbike, nowhere does it say road bike or or just cycling. there are many, many other sites that cater for the rest. i have been lurking here for years now and it has always been a mountainbike web site, its why the bulk of people come here.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Whatever, didn’t really think people were so precious about it. It is only a forum you know, it’s not like real life or anything.

sometimerider
    Free Member

Whatever, didn’t really think people were so precious about it. It is only a forum you know, it’s not like real life or anything.

Would sound so much better coming from someone who hadn’t just said this;

I find that a fairly childish and insular attitude.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Not really sure what you’re trying to imply there sometimerider. It’s only a forum – correct, some users have childish and insular attitudes – correct. The fact that it’s a forum doesn’t stop users displaying certain character traits.

Like I said had I know people were so precious about terminology I wouldn’t have bothered suggesting it.

druidh
    Free Member

If we’re being pedantic, can we just call it off-road recreational cycling? I’m willing to bet that no more than 5% of subscribers ever actually ride on a mountain.

I take it we’re also ruling out discussion of built bike trails, events like MM and SITS, and, of course, anything Cyclo-cross related.

Too_Punk_To_Funk
    Free Member

<Rolls eyes>
    Bikes is bikes, they are all fun.

If you are feeling to precious about your niche*, you can borrow my unicycle for a bit, if that doesn’t crack a grin on your noggin then you’ve died and no one has bothered to let you know…
    (You can take it onto a mountain if that makes you more comfortable, it has knobbly tires…)

*OK I know that is a bit of a joke here 🙂

footstomper
    Free Member

Tom i think the way you have started this new look site is a lot better than the old way especially where the most recent reply goes back to the top of the page. This works best in the Classifieds, if there where a lot of people posting an advert it could have been on page 2 within 10 minutes on the old site thus not being seen by many.
    If there is one thing that could make the chat forums a little better then it would be to wrap the “quote” in a box. Paste the link for an example then scroll down and you will see the Quote boxes..
    http://www.soul-source.co.uk/forum/Martin-Freeman-Motown-50-Years-t90473.html

Regards 🙂

fatface
    Free Member

I have little interest in MTBing anymore, but there is nothing wrong with

forum is a place for people interested in mountain biking

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nice job on the new forum + site guys, but I have a question if I may?

Is there a ‘search’ function in the forum like there used to be? I can’t see one but I can be a bit dense sometimes!

😀

simondbarnes

Is there a ‘search’ function in the forum like there used to be? I can’t see one but I can be a bit dense sometimes!

Yes, there’s a box top right with the words “search forum” next to it 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOL!

Told you I was dense. Couldn’t see that for looking, thanks!
    😀

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Who won the caption competition ??

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Moderation and contact information’ is closed to new replies.