Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Mobile/home mechanic start-up questions
  • russjp
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I’m thinking of starting a local mobile mechanic service as a little sideline and would like some advice from anyone who has done it.
    I’m not expecting to make a living from it but just as an evening/weekend thing after my day job. I have a fair few years experience working as a cycle mechanic in a LBS and also a few years as cycle mechanic for royal mail in my current postman job, so knowledge/skills aren’t an issue.

What I’m not sure of the liability insurance side of things. What do I need to protect my home/family in case of being sued for whatever reason? I don’t want to have to fork out on cytech type training as I honestly don’t think someone looking to get their shopping bike fixed really cares about that but will insurance companies insist on it?

Any advice appreciated

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

If you are serious about it then speak to some insurers then speak to an accountant. Spend a couple of days putting together a business plan as if you were presenting the idea to a bank for a loan. Keep it real, this is not a time for rose tinted glasses.
    Have a look at the numbers then decide if the expected earnings are worth the hassle.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Mobile/home mechanic start-up questions’ is closed to new replies.