Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mobile phone signal boosters
  • Mounty_73

Mobile phone signal is very poor and we have tried many of the network providers, so I am looking at any suggestions or recommendations for boosting the signal.

Are mobile phone signal boosters any good?

Do they work?

gobuchul
    Free Member

I used to have the Vodafone Sure Signal.

It worked very well, just uses your broadband to make and receive calls rather than the mobile network.

Worked perfectly. You do have to be on Vodafone obviously.

I think some boosters are not exactly legal depending on how they work.

frogstomp

As above but I have a Home Signal box from Three which routes calls via your broadband. Works well. Worth ringing up your provider and enquiring if you are on a contract – mine was free (return at end).

Also worth checking if your provider / phone support WIFI calling natively.

peterno51

Unless issued by a mobile provider they are legal to buy but illegal to use.

Best bet is to get a contract that allows mobile calling over WiFi.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

WiFi calling every time

ajaj
    Free Member

I’ve never really understood the point of paying for a mobile phone contract then paying for an Internet connection then paying for a Sure Signal and then paying call charges to use all the things you’ve already paid for.

Just get a VoIP app for the mobile.

frogstomp

I’ve never really understood the point of paying for a mobile phone contract then paying for an Internet connection then paying for a Sure Signal and then paying call charges to use all the things you’ve already paid for.

Already have broadband, don’t have mobile signal at home, didn’t pay anything for the Sure Signal (equivalent) box, use included mobile minutes over Sure Signal at no additional cost.

mattyfez

How old is the mobile, most will have Wi-Fi calling /data ability now, so you set it up, and if the mobile signal is weak it will switch over to the WiFi network on your home broadband.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mobile phone signal boosters’ is closed to new replies.