Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mobile Phone Contract Renewal Advice
  • eskay

Anyone recommend the best way to go with my mobile phone renewal!?

I currently have three numbers with Vodafone (one for me and one each for kids). The price is heavily discounted at the moment (50%) because of some hassle I had with them a couple of years ago (but this is just about to run out).

Currently paying £40 per month but that will jump to £80. The tariffs are not amazing (mine is 1gig data and unlimited call/texts) and the other two 250mb data with unlimited calls/texts. The kids just use data and texts (typically they don’t talk to anyone!).

Would be interested to hear any PAYG recommendations or other deals that may be around. I have always stayed with Vodafone on monthly contracts for the ‘free’ handsets. I have an S3 and am happy with it so do not need a new one. The kids have trashed theirs so could do with replacements but would I be better just buying a second-hand handset?

nickjb
    Free Member

I’d certainly look at PAYG and buying phones outright. I’m on GiffGaff which works for me. Good prices and good flexibility. It’d work out £25/week for your current deal. Its easy to tweak your usage allowances month by month if its not quite right. They have a referral scheme so you can get your first SIM, register, then refer your kids. You’d end up with £25, so 1 month free. The best thing is that if it really doesn’t work out then you can walk away and try someone else with no cost to you.

Bimbler
    Free Member

I’d certainly look at PAYG and buying phones outright

This but a SIM only contract, PAYG is expensive.

somouk
    Free Member

Look at the Virgin contracts and what they offer for SIM only. My dad just put my niece on a £15 virgin contract to avoid the hassle of PAYG and means she’s always capable of calling us if need be.

nickjb
    Free Member

to avoid the hassle of PAYG

What’s the hassle? You can set up a monthly recurring package with PAYG so it’s basically the same as a contract but with no tie in. Starting at around £7 a month its the same, if not cheaper, than contract.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Phone Contract Renewal Advice’ is closed to new replies.