Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mobile Phone Chinese Messages Conundrum
  • ThePinkster

The lovely Mrs.P decided to buy herself a new mobile phone a little while ago. Don’t know if it make any difference but it was an Honor 9 (I think) from Argos.

She also got a new SIM card from Plusnet at about the same time as her old one didn’t fit the new phone.

What has been really weird though is that pretty much since she purchased this phone and registering it/the SIM card she has been receiving multiple calls a day from random numbers that are all in Chinese – they sound like automated voice systems but as I don’t speak Mandarin (I have it on good authority that’s what it is from a friend) I have no idea what they are for nor how to stop them.

The numbers all appear to be coming from either 0330 or mobile numbers and as fast as we block them they seem to be coming back from another number.

I did wonder if it weas something that Mrs.P did in the set-up (she’s not the most techy person in the world) and it’s Honor sending all these calls. It’s certainly nothing to do with the new SIM as far as I can tell as I’m on Plusnet and not had these issues, and it’s only begun since she’s had this phone.

It’s been going on for quite some time now as is getting very very annoying so does anyone have any ideas what it is and what we can do to stop it as just blocking them doesn’t work.

if possible I don’t want to go about getting a new SIM/Number for her as that’ll created a whole other load of hassle for yours truly.

Cheers for any light anyone can shed on this,

Pinky

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I get these occasionally. Sometimes they call every minute or so but only for a second. I block the number and move on. Life is too short to worry about it.

ThePinkster

I wish it was occasionally, it’s at least 3 times a day with VM’s often left overnight as well.

It’s getting to the point where it’s stopped being a frustration and starting to become harassment but as we can’t understand anything that’s being said we have no idea where or why.

The messages are quite long, it’s not just a short ‘press one to call back’ kind of thing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oceanskipper

You might be able to block all unknown numbers while you investigate/contact Plusnet etc..

ThePinkster

Thanks for that suggestion, not even thought of that to be honest.

I’ll suggest it to the light of my life

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Careful, they’re trying to send your wife the latest deadly variant. 😉

ThePinkster

🤣

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.