• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mobile Phone Camera
  • lovetoride
    Free Member

What mobile phone on the market has the best camera? Samsung Galaxy S4 with its 13MP offering?

scaredypants

no idea, MP is mostly just marketing though

nickjb
    Free Member

The s4 zoom looks a lot more like a proper camera but the phone bit is downgraded a lot from the normal s4.

joeyj
    Free Member

Always found the nokia N8 was the best mobile phone camera got some really shots of the kids and was able to print at A4 without any distortion or pixilation.

dannybgoode

Nokia Lumia 920 and the new Lumia 925 are recognised as having on of the best cameras at the moment.

However, they apparently releasing their PureView camera as seen in the Nokia 808 which has 48MP and is generally considered to be the best camera in a phone out there.

Cheers

Danny B

somouk
    Free Member

As above, the Nokias are meant to be good.

Ignore the MP ratings though and think more about the optics. Depending on what it’s for, a cheap compact may be better.

tinsy
    Free Member

as above, Nokia seem to have really good lens’s, lots of phones quote high MP’s, but all you get is a high resolution bad picture..

The lens is where its at.

lovetoride
    Free Member

The new Nokia may be worth a look then, anyone used Windows?

dannybgoode

Yes – awesome if you can live without some of the major apps. Support getting better.

F/book and twitter integration best there is. Fast, smooth and Nokia’s built in Here apps (particularly Drive and Transit) are absolutely first class.

I won’t have any other o/s on my phone.

Cheers

Danny B

disco_stu
    Free Member

The Nokie 808 has the best camera but then it has the massive disadvantage of running Symbian, a good article about it is here

My S3 takes pretty good photo’s, its a massive improvement on the quality of them compared to my ye olde HTC Desire, but the HTC One is meant to be pretty good as well as some of the Nokia Lumia phones.

lovetoride
    Free Member

dannybgoode – major apps being?

dmorts

It looks like there will be a Nokia Windows Phone with the 41MP oversampling technology coming out soon (July 11th?)

On the current market the Nokia 925 has just come out. There is also the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom, which is a compact camera with a smartphone attached. Unfortunately the phone attached isn’t a S4 but more like lower spec S4 mini. There’s the HTC One with its Ultrapixels too.

In current market it’s probably Nokia 925, with the down up side that it runs Windows Phone 8

dannybgoode

@LTR – I don’t use apps much myself and can usually find something that does the same thing only different.

Instagram’s not on there, Strava are two that spring to mind and games are somewhat sparser.

Cheers

Danny B

Drac

The leading phones all have a decent camera in them or at least for snaps.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Phone Camera’ is closed to new replies.