Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Mobile data and actually getting on t'interweb….
  • Why is it these days you only seem to be able to get a web page to load if you have H+ displayed?

I don’t have 4G yet – my phone displays G, E (Vodafone Edge I believe), 3G (very occasionally), H and H+. Sometimes – i.e. very rarely – I can get a page to load with one of the other symbols, but generally it’s only when H+ is displayed.

In the days before 3G, granted it was slow, but at least pages would load – why not now?

MrOvershoot

Your not the only one to notice that, sat with some colleagues at lunch the other day and all of us have noticed this.
    Unless H+ was displayed on the signal strength everything would just time out.
    We had a mix of Samsung, Sony, HTC & iPhone all on different networks too.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Also get this a lot on Vodafone. Full signal, with E showing, and data is unusable. However it still seems to manage to chew through a fair bit of my data allowance by trying to load stuff…

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Edge is worthless so is G only H, 3g and 4G are decent for Internet.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I’ve moved recently so I’ve been trying a number of different networks to see whose coverage is best in the places I go to.

I’ve found with O2 the data connectivity is poor, even if showing H+ the connection often just doesn’t do anything.

EE 4G is temperamental

Vodafone was pretty reliable even when only showing 3G

bruneep

For me

VF were shite pish poor 3G

EE 4G oarsome 24+ meg down 14 up

Day and night service

Way better than my home broadband max is 2.5 meg

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

EE is what I’m on right now, got a free limited edition SIM around Christmas with 100gb per month of free 4G data for 2 months. We only have 1.2meg ADSL here so the 20meg 4G connection afforded by tethering to the phone is awesome…

…when it works. Probably 80% of the time it’s fine but sometimes it just doesn’t want to know and I go back to the ADSL.

molgrips
    Free Member

There is some suggestion that resources are being diverted away from lesser networks to make the better ones even better and therefore make them “worth it”.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Pretty much what Vodafone said when I left them for Three a few months ago. Given the mess they’d let their network get into why would I have confidence in them doing a half decent job with 4G! Three by comparison has been a joy.

MrOvershoot

molgrips – Member

There is some suggestion that resources are being diverted away from lesser networks to make the better ones even better and therefore make them “worth it”.
    Sounds plausible as we have a 4G mast on top of our silos and those with 4G get super levels of speed yet those of us on non 4G plans all have the same issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Mobile data and actually getting on t'interweb….’ is closed to new replies.