Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mobile Charger
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

Planning some long distance stuff over the summer, probably 3-4 days between places where there will be a socket to plug a phone into.

Can anyone suggest a charger that can be used to Charge an iPhone 5 during this time? When I am somewhere with a socket, I’ll probably only have it for one night, so I need something that can do at least two full cycles on my iPhone battery that recharges overnight.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

What about one of those battery extender cases that has a second battery in it? Will protect the phone and give it more juice.

danielgroves
    Free Member

I prefer the idea of something hat is not phone specific, just incase I change int he future… also something with a USB port would mean I could top up my iPod too.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Can you adapt one of those wind up chargers to power off your cranks/wheel?

Solar power charger on the back of your rucksack?

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Duracell do something like that, google portable usb battery charger.

Bimbler
    Free Member
    danielgroves
    Free Member

Anyone got any real-world experience with any of these, and whether they’re actually any good? That Anker one is the sort of thing I had in mind.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

When I am camping I use one of these from our Chinese cousins…

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC-Universal-2A-Mobile-Power-Supply-USB-Battery-Charger-18650-Box-2A-Input-2A-Output-for/944281231.html

Just fill it with your preferred 18650 batteries and job done. You can always carry spare batteries to double its life and it acts as a charger for the 18650’s as well.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Just fill it with your preferred 18650 batteries and job done. You can always carry spare batteries to double its life and it acts as a charger for the 18650’s as well.

How many charges would you generally get from four of them?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

How many charges would you generally get from four of them?

With quality batteries around 3-4 charges on my nexus 5.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Excellent, cheers for that. Decisions decisions…

fozzybear
    Free Member

We do have the one I linked to.
    It can charge my phone 4 times over from a single charge.
    For the money it’s excellent value.

geoffj

Teknet batteries are good.
    I use one of these – http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000UH46YY

Turn your phone off unless you’re making a call?

danielgroves
    Free Member

Turn your phone off unless you’re making a call?

Will certainly do so. I just like to know that I’m not going to have any power issues should I end up staying away fro an extra day or two (quite likely, knowing me) or should some kind of emergency require me to keep it on.

thecaptain
    Free Member

I think some hub dynamos have a USB output. Will look into it myself when I replace wheels on my tourer/utility bike (mostly cos I want dynamo lights, but the USB charging could be handy too).

tinribz
    Free Member

Anyone tried those round ones on ebay? Was thinking about poppin one in the seat post:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mobile Charger’ is closed to new replies.