Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • moan about how difficult it will be to watch pro- cyclocross this year :-(
  • ferrals
    Free Member

Flobikes has the rights to every Euro series (bricocross, DVV, Superprestige) and the european championship, with subscription access only. Something like £30 a month which is a crazy amount of money and not only that, despite being an american comapny they don’t even bother sorting out an english commentator but just give the dutch live stream. They are also very aggressive at making sure nothing gets put on youtube.

Then eurosport has the rights to the world cup but I get the impression the coverage of this is a bit dubious with just hightlight shows some of the time. Pricing is much more reasonable though as I think it is on the eurosport player.

Seems a real shame. I love watching the continental races but £30 per month is a definite no-no.

Anyone watch the eurosport coverage last year and is it worth paying for?

scaredypants

wait ’til black friday or so and a code will appear on here (thanks, whoever it is every year) for cheap eurosport for the year – I think it was 4 quid last time !

coverage is OK, not sure how often it’s live but races do crop up on the on-demand section

IdleJon

Something like £30 a month which is a crazy amount of money

$30 ish, it seems, but they are very coy about prices on the website. (Or even admitting that they charge. It feels a little like a scam website.) I won’t be paying anything like that just to watch a handful of races, anyway.

13thfloormonk

Followed the WCs on Eurosport last year, guess it was just highlights but didn’t find it lacking. Shame about the other Euro races, had been meaning to keep my eye out for them.

eddie11
    Free Member

More difficult than it’s always been?

vtm showed brico cross free last weekend. They tend to for a clump of smaller races.

Most world cups have been on uci channel.

eurosport player shows the cross live even if the highlights are on only on E1 or 2 later.

Hooky Feeds come and go over the year but you can normally get something through cyclingfans for live stuff. Full replays tend to be harder.

eddie11
    Free Member

Belgium commentary is better anyway ayeayeayeayeayeayeayeaye

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’d much rather listen in Belg/Dutch than listen to Anthony McF***wit babbling on incorrectly.

hofnar
    Free Member

The belgian governement channel VRT / EEN has recently opened up most off their live feeds to the whole of Europe. Probably cyclo cross gonna be in it. Enjoy it till brexit and you will be considered non EU 😉

ferrals
    Free Member

@idlejon – I went to the states earlier this year and it was basically £1=$1 😣

For me the issue is I’m normally racing when it’s live so watching on VRT/EEN isn’t often viable. Up u tillast year the YouTube channels seemed to keep up replays but one of the put up a post saying he won’t be able to because flobikes are preventing it.

that Eurosport player offer sounds worth looking for! Last year most of the races on ucichannel were georestricted and blocked in the U.K. Weren’t they?

dovebiker

To avoid the geo-blocking, you could sign-up to a web-proxy and pretend you’re living in Kirabati

In annoys me more that Eurosport don’t actually show the UCI WC races live – by following the links on Cyclingfans I can usually find a feed for the other events.

I agree on Ant McC – he appears to have taken over from Phil Ligget in his sycophantic ramblings – I don’t f’ing care that the US rider is in 22nd place and dropping places fast when all the action is at the front of the race.

hofnar
    Free Member

ferrals een VRT do replays to sometimes they come online an hour after the race soemtimes a day later sometimes after a couple of days just have to look in the right spot

eddie11
    Free Member

No ant. Please. Tell us again about grifo tread.

ferrals
    Free Member

The best is when Simon Burney is joint commentating and flatly sets him straight on stuff, often point blank contradicting him 😂

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Man I’m with Ferrrals on this. You race on a Sunday and want to watch some cx on a Monday night for inspiration/education. Used to just browse YouTube for loads of videos but now everything is geoblocked or withheld etc. I really hate these corporate scumbags. Can’t you just leave our little sport alone and concentrate on filling your pockets from more mainstream stuff. I don’t mind a half arsed feed and Belgian comenatary, just leave it alone.

Eurosport for wc, flobikes or whatever they’re called for the rest, it ain’t going to happen. I’ll just not watch cx then. Hope your business model falls flat on its arse.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

If you monetising nobs knew cyclocross then you’d know how to fall flat on your arse and then leap straight back onto your bike, however you’ll probably organise a committee meeting to decide how to go forward on the issue.

it appears I needed to rant about this.

Garry_Lager

Sounds like WvA has a bit of a situation on his hands with his team at the moment? Terminated his contract after loads of structural and personal problems around a merger. Wout is a tough-minded individual, to put it mildly, but it’s hard to take that sort of stuff in your stride when the season’s about to kick off – apparently he’s riding as an independent [with the World Champ stripes!]

ferrals
    Free Member

@Garry_Lager, going to be interesting to see what happens there. Guess it could go either way, either fuel for the fire or just mess with his head/cause too much stress.

@rollindoughnut
    – the annoying thing is it seems like it not really going to bring benefit to either company, I can’t believe anyone joining eurosport just to get intermittent highlights of CX, and flobikes is just one of the flospots channel and you have to subscribe to them all. Conversly with UCI’s reported ambition to grow cx and make it more global, I can’t see how this helps in the slightest.

Marge
    Free Member

unless it’s changed for this season nearly all cross races (that are shown live on Belgian free-to-air tv) can be streamed anywhere… VTM & VRT Een / Canvas.

I’ve watched from japan & the US whilst away

Re: the WvA situation it sure is going to be interesting. I think he was clearly looking for any opportunity to jump ship from his contract & Nuyens was daft enough to give some reason to do so…

We will see (probably) in court if the reasons were sufficient to warrant contract breakage. It’s big news here in Belgium as you might expect. It’s the US races this weekend and Wout is there effectively on his own without even a bike at this moment. It’s expected he will ride a Stevens still but will be in a unsponsored rainbow jersey.

ferrals
    Free Member

ferrals een VRT do replays to sometimes they come online an hour after the race soemtimes a day later sometimes after a couple of days just have to look in the right spot

just noticed this from @hofnar …. based on what you and Marge are saying it sounds  more promisin than I expected if there are replays avaialbel that aren’t it would be amazing if people could signpost to them here.. not understanding the language means finding things that aren’t blindingly obvious is a step too far for me!

hofnar
    Free Member

http://www.veldritkalender.be/ calendar on who broadcasts what

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/a-z/sporza–veldrijden/ this should be the direct link first full race on nov 1st

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Brico cross on VTM shown by Veldritfan on youtube. Nice loose course. Enjoy!

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Let’s make this thread a resource for naughty cx streams.

No spoilers, just heads up and links.

ferrals
    Free Member

Thanks @hofnar

good find @rollingdonought. – watched a couple of laps last night, unfortunately already taken down by the time I looked this morning to watch the rest 🙁

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Such a shame. It made me so happy to hear commentary in Flemish and see signs advertising Prik&Tik and such like whilst enjoying a brew after a tough day at work out in the wind.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Had a look for the Waterloo wc on the uci channel. ‘Not available in your area’.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I’ve emailed flobikes asking if they could provide a sensibly priced subscription just for cx races.

I’m so cute aren’t I? Thinking that these mega companies actually would give a damn about me. Properly deluded. Oh well, makes me feel a touch better somehow to have at least pointed out to them that they’ve taken my ‘cross from me but they won’t be getting my money.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

After receiving a ‘so glad you reached out to us but screw you our monthly subscription costs are €30/month’, I’ve found a fix:

Am watching the 2013 cx season. Started the odessey with GP Mario de Clerk (13th Oct) which was a total mud fest. Nys, Van de Haar, Niels Albert, Meusen, Pauwells… it’s got it all. Even better, Meusen is riding my bike! Not just a bike like mine but the actual frame set I bought from Paul Milnes Cycles last year. Some bastards just stamped on it; explains all the paint chips.

3hr ride in the rain today, cx on telly in the warmth this afternoon with the cat on my lap, actual cx racing in the rain tomorrow. 18mm studs fitted, beer being consumed (a nice Triple), order is resumed.

Screw you back Flobikes!

ferrals
    Free Member

Haha. Yep I am also re-watching a lot of old races!

However, replay from yesterdays mens race is here: MensEliteWaterloo

dawson

Trek have put full replays of the World Cup races on their YouTube channel

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

And I’ve got the impression from the calendar that the rest of the world cups will be on the uci channel. Fingers crossed.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

There’s one on this weekend isn’t there?

dawson

Jingle Cross

ferrals
    Free Member

That would be good if they are just on the UCIchannel – what calendar was that on? Jinglecross is on Saturday, starting at 730 UK time I think.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I’m not sure where I saw it now but it said something like geo restrictions only apply to the first round.

ferrals
    Free Member

Just seen via their twitter feed that jinglecross is also geoblocked but none of the others..

To schedule

wondering if I can find a 1 month Eurosport player deal as it says they will be showing live

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

That’s the calendar I saw Ferrals. Although the message said ‘geoblocking applies to Waterloo stage only’ when I read it so hopefully it won’t just keep rolling on.

Probably an American rights thing. I think it was the same last year.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I think the internet is getting so broken now. There’s so much information that it’s virtually impossible to find answers to simple questions like what is the uci broadcast schedule without being subject to loads of similar but fruitless results.

As for watching cx this season, as far as I can gather, to watch the three main series plus the wc races you’d need to have: flobikes, fubo, Eurosport, and move to Canada as one of the series (Brico or DVV I think) will  not be shown in the uk. It’s all too much for me. Luckily London x league has been awesome so far this year. Iconic venues and already a muddy round. In the evening I’ll continue my 2013 season viewing with Superprestige zondhofen.

eddie11
    Free Member

Iowa looks to be live on Eurosport player tonight.

Starts at  8:10 with the women.

ferrals
    Free Member

It seems like GCN have the rights to stream brico cross, superprestige and dvv over their Facebook channel.. no geoblocking and replays wil be available 😄

dawson

Yay!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘moan about how difficult it will be to watch pro- cyclocross this year :-(’ is closed to new replies.