Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • MNPR*****do they exist
  • Big-Bud
    Free Member

ok so ive been following the mnpr thread
    it starts off on say weds thur with 100% intentions really elaborate ideas of routes rides etc ,even comments like im there regardless of weather
    then by sunday night there’s a whole thread on why people have bailed ranging from knee problems from too much walking on the Saturday although I reckon they misspelt 🙂 that to maxle issues that an lbs is having to sort (bs imo)
    all of which are lame excuses
    so can the people who ride make themselves known so I can tag along as the last 2 times ive turned up to find no one there.
    those who prefer eastenders need not comment

MrSparkle

They don’t actually go where they claim to go. They meet and ride somewhere else. Somewhere better. Hth.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They deffo do take place i have been on them and everything – not for while s Mondays are bad day for me to ride

Harry_the_Spider

I exist. I’ve just checked.

It has been a bit hit and miss for me of late due to illness, broken bikes, motorway closures and a hurricane.

PM me with your email address and i’ll add you to the distribution list. There’s a lot of chatter that goes on away from the forum.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

MNPR – Mountainbike Park and Ride?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Mostly iN Pub Really?

nickc

as the last 2 times ive turned up to find no one there.

find the nearest pub, they’ll be in there.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Dunno, I got lost on one two years ago and am now stuck in another country

tomhoward

Dunno, I got lost on one two years ago and am now stuck in another country

Is that how terrahawk ended up moving to Scotland?

Harry_the_Spider

so can the people who ride make themselves known so I can tag along as the last 2 times ive turned up to find no one there.

Just checked. You’ve never actually said that you were coming and the rides that were complete no shows (due to hurricanes) were called off hours in advance.

See you on Monday. Make sure that you say Hello.

Actually if somebody I didn’t know called me a ****** for not being psychic then I’m not going to go out of the way for them.

8:15 here.

colp

That does look a bit out of the way to be honest

mintimperial

I exist. I’ve just checked.

I don’t, I’m a figment of Binners’s imagination.

binners

I’m a figment of my own imagination

I think

Pyro

I’m a figment of my own imagination

I think

You think?

Therefore, you are.

dienamic

They definitely exist, I’ve even been on some of them! Rides are generally shorter than the time in the pub after (when it’s open). Your post could make for an awkward conversation though so I’d prob just claim to be someone else tbh 🙂

duncancallum

They do exist

And we’re normally pretty relaxed on our start time. And we’re normally pretty friendly n the only bullshit we tend to spout is how much faster we were in our yoof.

How do we know your not bsing us in a double bluff of bs

Bregante

mintimperial – Member

I don’t, I’m a figment of Binners’s imagination

Like Chipps

The mnpr’s have been a huge gaping hole missing in my riding this year sadly for many reasons. The M60 night time motorway closures is a massive PITA though.

duncancallum

Oh n the last one the road name was shit but the post code worked I hung around till 8 20 and checked the thread at half 8 just to double check.

Last reply was mike saying 10 past

Sandwich

If you use a Greggs savoury pastry on a long line as a lure, you’ll attract Binners. If he lands on your arm you won’t be riding that week. HTH.

bearnecessities

MNPR*****do they exist

I’m keen to know what the obfuscated word is.

Harry_the_Spider

I’m keen to know what the obfuscated word is.

I’m not.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I don’t the the swear filter masks spaces, it’s just some creative thread titling on the OPs part

Harry_the_Spider

I don’t the the swear filter masks spaces, it’s just some creative thread titling on the OPs part

Made him come across like a right ****.

dazh

And here I was thinking it was traditional to tell people if you were going to come a ride with them :-/

On Monday night I’ll be out on my bike somewhere random. If you lot don’t turn up after not telling me then I won’t be happy and will post a suitably whiny thread.

martinhutch

I’m waiting for you bastards now in a car park near Todmorden. Anyone turning up?

EDIT: Is that you in the steamed-up Astra?

wwaswas

When the OP does eventually go on a ride can someone video the moment when it dawns on the other riders that this is the bloke no ones ever met before who started the thread on stw calling them names?

[note to any big blokes called bud who aren’t the OP and may be thinking of joining an MNPR ride – get your denials in early]

jekkyl

anyone else think the Op is being incredibly rude here and isn’t really making himself out to be someone anyone would want to ride with?

Harry_the_Spider

Me.

Yak

Seems nothing that a ride-long relentless ribbing can’t sort out 🙂

ransos
    Free Member

anyone else think the Op is being incredibly rude here and isn’t really making himself out to be someone anyone would want to ride with?

It did occur to me, that if I wanted to join a MNPR, I probably wouldn’t spend my time slagging off the organizers on a public forum.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

wow, do we really want this lovely chap coming along? i don’t think i do, for one.

IHN

It did occur to me, that if I wanted to join a MNPR, I probably wouldn’t spend my time slagging off the organizers on a public forum.

Yeah, everyone knows you can only do that if you’ve joined already.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m going to tag along to the next MNPR.

Silently , 400 yards behind the last man, riding a fat bike with no lights on.

Naked, except for my night vision goggles.

Just like always.

See you through the windows of the pub afterwards. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

400 yards behind the last man

that would mean not even getting out of your car

terrahawk
    Free Member

Will look forward to next week’s MNPR so I can ask “who’s the gobby keyboard-warrior ****end then?”

Junkyard
    Free Member

Can me and Binners sit that bit out please?

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve not seen this much MNPR drama since you lost that lad in the park

stcolin
    Free Member

Been too long since I’ve been on one of these rides. Must get along soon now that I’m getting back into it after injury. Has always been a fun relaxed ride out.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Will look forward to next week’s MNPR so I can ask “who’s the gobby keyboard-warrior ****end then?”

23 hands raised simultaneously……

duncancallum

Did you turn up big bud?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘MNPR*****do they exist’ is closed to new replies.