Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • MNPR – Monday 22nd – Marple
  • Harry_the_Spider

Norfolk Arms, Marple Bridge
    SK6 5DS
    8:15 blast off
    Bring money for Prosecco and nibbles

chipps

Cheese on cocktail sticks?

Harry_the_Spider

I do hope so. Maybe some parsnip crisps too.

binners

Will we need our passports?

duncancallum

Should be in.

Though depends on my flight back from Germany….

nbt

@binnerswrote:

Will we need our passports?

I’ve made arrangements, don’t draw attention to yourselves and everything will be ok 🙂

Anyone fancy being the stoker on the MTB Tandem?

BTW big free car park just up the brow on the other side of the Midland Pub – easily visible on google satellite view, on your right as yu come down the hill from Marple

Harry_the_Spider

Anyone fancy being the stoker on the MTB Tandem?

I’d rather **** a ****.

Bunnyhop

HtS You don’t need a full set of digits to stoke the tandem, just balls of steel and a gag.

IHN

…ideally, a steel ball-gag

dazh

I’ll probably be there*. Need to get back to grim reality after a week in the Alps.

*Assuming I don’t get fired from work on my return, in which case I’ll be celebrating in the pub.

nbt

It’s usually Harry posting stuff like, but this weekend was a little more eventful than expected. An innocuous tumble on the Verderer’s trail in the Forest Of Dean (handlebars twisted as I went down a cross slope) left me with a grazed knee and a sore foot that gor worse as the evening went on. I managed to walk into the pub for our meal, but I couldn’t walk out so off we went to the Minor Injuries Unit at Dilke

Poorly Foot

The lovely nurse sent me home with a pair od crutches – 90% convinved it’s just a bad sprain, but slight possibility of a greenstick fracture / crack in a metatarsal. It’smuch better today but it’ll stil be a few days before I can get on a bike

Kai has volunteered to lead the ride as he’s fairly familiar with the area. This is the route I had in mind, not sure what Kai will choose though
    https://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=hnughgdsgctkveaq

Enjoy yourselves, gentlemen

stcolin
    Free Member

Hi. Really sorry, but I can’t make this one. I had been keeping my eye on the forum to see when this was. Unfortunately between still struggling and having to be somewhere else, I’ll miss it 🙁

Maybe next time.

tthew

Ah, shame. Get well soon nbt. Just have to get in touch with Mike to sort out travelling arrangements, an I’ll be there later.

nbt

Looks like it was just a sprain thankfully, foot is feeling much better this morning but still not risking a ride.

ST Colin, if you ever fancy a ride round this way just drop me a pm. I can even take out the tandem if you really fancy being stoker

Harry_the_Spider

My hand is still a bit battered, but I should make it.

Julian, I’d be more worried about those turn-ups on your jeans than broken bones in your foot. Bones heal, pants like that are a life long issue

scaled
    Free Member

Liking the look of Jules’ route so we’ll be doing that.

Bunnyhop

I’ll be the grey haired old lady at the back.
    Realised that if Kai is leading I may not see you all for dust. But can always cut off on a loop if I find the going tough.

HtS yes Jules is getting rid of those turn-ups shortly as flares are back (never really went away in my head).

scaled
    Free Member

I’ll be engaging full pottering mode, Jane. We’ve got a baby sitter and Jas is coming as well 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I’ll be mincing about as my hand is still a bit sore.

Will be brining my mate Pete with me too. He’s a top chap and has done MNPRs in the past.

Bunnyhop

scaled – glad to hear that your missus is coming. Is she going to show you all how to ride properly?
    We need a full first aid kit for all the things that have happened lately.

Harry_the_Spider

Great ride. Thanks.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2554688643

We should do that more frequently rather than the usual once a year.

Bunnyhop

Glad you enjoyed it.
    Great company, fabulous sunset over Cheshire. Very overgrown trails, nettled and brambled legs and arms.
    If Jules can stop injuring himself the next one will be guided from the front (wink).
    Thanks to scaled for the guiding.

Yes come over anytime, however the area can get interesting in the winter months, but then we always have the grippy gritstone.

Was the pub good?

tthew

We all know who did the guiding!

Nice pub that. Good range of beer, (consumption sadly curtailed by the need to drive home) and a smoking (in the faggy sense) Checkoslovakian woman with a big bored dog to chat to. 👍

scaled
    Free Member

The pub was bloody brilliant!

Cloudwater DDH Pale and a really tasty looking 7.1% West coast IPA. I’ll be putting some faster tyres on the hardtail and riding over next time so I can sample more!

I wanted to take that poor dog for a blast up round the park to cheer him up.

Thanks for the leading though Jane – you were (sort of) right, I had ridden that trail before, once.

Back in August 2012…

I’m back to rightmove shopping for houses in Marple Bridge

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘MNPR – Monday 22nd – Marple’ is closed to new replies.