Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • MNPR Monday 16th – Simister Road Ride Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Farmers Arms, Simister, M25 2SU

8:15 Blast off

Bring a road bike.

45km loop similar to last year’s, but with a detour around the bottom third of the Ashworth Valley climb because the road has fallen into the river below.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1077371695

Pretty much all on road, but with about 800m on gravel as we leave Simister.

Simister, Heywood, Ashworth Valley, Edenfield, Ramsbottom, The Rake, Tottington, Walshaw, Ainsworth, Radcliffe, Whitefield, Simister.

Bring lights, it will take 2 hours+.

Sunday best or baggies. Nobody cares.

Binners, if all goes to plan we should be on The Rake at around 9:15 should you want to shout abuse as we sail majestically past.

Allez, Allez, Allez!

scaled
    Free Member

Hopefully i’ll be less phlegm riddled by then and will see you there.

edhornby

I’m working on it too

binners

I’ll get the cow bells ready 😀

gixer71109
    Free Member

I’ll be there

duncancallum

It’s road bikes I’m out…

Not fast enough on the gravel bike

Bregante

Mrs is working until 10 pm tonight. I’m out.

Harry_the_Spider

Who is playing out then?

The weather looks OK. Any rain should have passed, so we can expect 17°C, very little wind and cloudy skies.

I have come down with the most terrible head cold, but I shall not be beaten! My time up The Rake could be measured on a calendar though.

dazh

The weather looks OK. Any rain should have passed

What weather app are you using?

tthew

I’m coming. Armwarmers and waterproofs are prepared.

Harry_the_Spider

Met Office. It should have blown through by 8:30.

Feeling minging, but still out.

edhornby

My weather forecasting system* suggests there isn’t much change other than some fine rain etc

*looking out of the windows in the 11th floor of the coop which means I can see Rooley and scout turbines when it’s not raining

binners

We’re preparing a suitable reception for you as you pass…

Harry_the_Spider

Feeling very horrible now. Will get you to the top of Ashworth Valley, but may turn back after that.

dazh

So who is actually going?

Harry_the_Spider

I feel like utter ****, but I’ll lead if anyone turns up.

Harry_the_Spider

Are we on or not?

dazh

I’m gonna sack it off. Sorry. Gotta be up early and can’t be arsed getting wet when it’s going to be dry the rest of the week.

Harry_the_Spider

OK.

Postpone until next week?

timc
    Free Member

mess about with the format & it all falls apart, get it back to mtbs for next week i say 🙂

dazh

yeah I’ll be up for road next week. It is still the tour after all.

gixer71109
    Free Member

yeah I’ll be up for road next week. It is still the tour after all.

Sounds good to me

horridge
    Free Member

Russ mentioned leading a ride from the flatter south side of Manchester.  If he’s available how about saving him a journey for a change.

gixer71109
    Free Member

Let’s do it

tthew

Ooh, good job I checked before setting off! It’s absolutely slashing it down here in Mid Cheshire and headed your way, so I’m secretly quite pleased.

Although my missis did just accuse of being a big bunch of girls. I reckon girls would still go out. 😂

Bregante

I’m sure me and scaled could chuck something together for next week if people are up for it from somewhere around Sale? Road or Grrrravel though. There aren’t many mountains in the borough of Trafford…

edhornby

Ok, see you next week at the Farmers arms

Harry_the_Spider

Proper bouncing down now and the sky is as dark as the inside of a cow’s bum.

Bregante

As I said earlier, riding tonight wasn’t an option for me. And looking at the weather right now I’m bloody glad about it. It’s absolutely hammering down here.

tthew

Sale or a road ride resurrection are good for me next week.

Harry_the_Spider

Good call cancelling last night.

1. The rain was biblical.

2. I’m blowing orange slime out of every orifice in my face and would have expired on the first climb.

tthew

On the up side, I got to ride my best bike to work today as it was still in the van from last night.

What’s the plan for next week then? Sale Grrrravel or Rammy roadie? I’ll do either.

binners

If you’re doing a Rammy Roadie Ride then a smaller splinter group of us are going to do an earlier off-road blast to get back for a pint in the Shoulder while pouring boiling oil, ball bearings, nails and trip-wires all over the top of the Rake 😀

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Only here because I read the title as Sinister. Is disappointed.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘MNPR Monday 16th – Simister Road Ride Edition’ is closed to new replies.