• This topic has 42 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Pyro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • MNPR do the Manchester Dirt Factory.
  • tthew

If we book a Monday night private session we need the full complement of 15 to keep the costs at a sensible £16.65. Hire costs increase significantly over this number, makes it more expensive unless 27 want to ride. It’s an extra tenner if you want one of their bikes and a helmet.

So, two things.
    If you commit to come you’ll have to pay up-front otherwise I’ll be out of pocket.
    What Monday would be best over the next couple of months? 8pm to 10pm session.

Harry_the_Spider

What sort of bike is best in there?

tthew

Don’t know I’ve not been, but their website talks about riders of all levels and you can hire dirt scooters, so probably OK on anything. I’d not hire one, probably take my full susser.

duncancallum

I’d be tempted to hire a pump bike but take mine as well though a 29er enduro bikes not ideal

Pyro

I could be interested, if you accept interlopers from over the hill.

Harry_the_Spider

I may take my BMX.

tthew

@Pyro, are you one of the MNPR regulars, (or irregulars like me 😁 ) sorry, I can’t reconcile your user name to an actual name. I’m sure there will be a place, but let the usual suspects have first dibs. PM me with your contact details and I’ll add you to the list.

scaled
    Free Member

I’d be tempted to hire a pump bike but take mine as well though a 29er enduro bikes not ideal

I’ve done a 2 hour session there on a 29er enduro bike 😀

Harry_the_Spider

…but was it suitable?

Pyro

@tthew – not even an irregular, but happy to make up the numbers if there’s still spaces after the usual suspects have joined in 🙂

nbt

I’m a regular. I ride once a year, when you come to Marple. Can I come and play out if you do to the Dirt Factory? Will there be peope to teach me how to do it properly?

mikeys

I’d give it a try and give everyone a lesson in how to keep their tyres firmly glued to the dirt!

There’s a few You Tube videos to see what it’s like. Harry Main (the BMXer) rides it on a DH bike and it really doesn’t look ideal at all.

tthew

Will put you both down.

binners

I’m in.

Might take my daughters small framed 26″ hardtail. Would that work? Or is that a stupid idea?

crazy-legs

I’m not MNPR but the Dirt Factory is only a few minutes away from where I work so if you need someone to make up the numbers and you all promise not to laugh too much at my ancient 26″-wheeled MTB, I’d be up for that.

tthew

Binners – on the list.
    crazy-legs – 2nd reserve.

scaled
    Free Member

is anyone out and about tonight?

colp

It’s hard work on an enduro bike, I did have Shortys on though.
    A trail bike with fast rolling tyres pumped right up should be ok.
    A DJ bike would be perfect

riklegge

Definitely keen to come.

duncancallum

I’m in for sure

scaled
    Free Member

I’d definitely be up for coming by the way, although understand my attendance lately could only be ‘regular’ in the same way as binners regularly has vegan weeks.

tthew

I make that 11, inc. Duncan, who replied on the Whatsapp with 2 and the current reserve list.
    Excellent.

gixer71109
    Free Member

Put my name down Mat if their are any places left.

Barry

gixer71109
    Free Member

Can you add Nick as well please.

Harry_the_Spider

Me please.

tthew

That takes us to 13, with @mike rigby and Our Ed not confirmed. HtS, I’d assumed you were in from your earlier messages.

Can you let me know any favoured dates or definately out’s over the next couple of months so I can try and match availability of yous lot and the factory.

duncancallum

Can you do a pole?

nbt

Can’t do Mon 9th or 23rd Dec. 2nd is next monday which is quite short notice so need to kow sharpish if its then. That really leaves just 16th dec for me

January, not available till 20th! Stuff on already.

dazh

I’m in if not already on the list.

edhornby

I assumed it would already be full but yes I’m in 🙂

tthew

Daz, I’m afraid you are now reserve list, unless you are Dunc’s +1. 1 more person adds £200 to the booking fee. I suspect you’ll be OK once someone has to drop out through unavailability.

I’ll send everyone a PM over the weekend for contact details and stuff.

NBT – it’ll not be next week, by the time I’ve hearded these cats, it’s going to be a few weeks.

duncancallum

Daz you can be my plus 1

tthew

OK, I’ll make that so.
    Link below to the spreadsheet for availability. I’ll also post it to the WhatApp group. Will still need to get e-mail addresses from you for payment, but have hidden that on the spreadsheet for security. Ta.

Dirt Factory tracker

dazh

Daz you can be my plus 1

Nice one! Sorry not been following the various threads/whatsapp stuff, I’ve actually been doing some work for once 🙂

tthew

Right, the Dirt Factory bloke FINALLY got back to me, so we’re on, 6th Jan between 8 and 10pm.

Between WhatsApp and the PM function on here, I think everyone has the message about paying, but if I’ve missed someone on the spreadsheet linked up there 👆 can you please PM me for the payment link. Ta.

Pyro

Thanks for a cracking evening, all, that was ace! Really glad I got my head round to doing the airbag jump as well. Big thanks to @tthew for organising.

tthew

Cheers Pyro. Organising was easy compared to the cyclocross race I did last weekend!
    I’ll put this out on the WhatsApp too, but what’s the appetite, timewise for a reprise? Before the end of this winter, (so late Feb/early March) or wait until later in the year?

smokey_jo

Come on guys – let’s have a proper review then

Harry_the_Spider

Come on guys – let’s have a proper review then

nobody died.

duncancallum

It’s a proper good laugh. I took no pics so cant add any @binneea He may have some

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘MNPR do the Manchester Dirt Factory.’ is closed to new replies.