• This topic has 34 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • MM Weather shocker………….
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

Well metcheck, metoffice, theweatheroutlook and bbc are all saying DRY!SUNNY! and 20+ degrees 😯 check for yourselves….HR8 1RL!

thomthumb
    Free Member

DONT **** TEMPT IT

sockpuppet

[whispers]don’t say it out loud[/whisper]

nothing to see here, move along

jimmy

HAHA he’s said it! MUDFEST!

twinklydave

if it rains now it’s your fault!

it was going to be my fault for fitting semi slicks yesterday, but now it’ll be yours 😛

hillsplease

We must be due a dry Mayhem by now, surely?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’ve just set my spare bike up for when my 1st one breaks in the mud & fitted maxxis 1.8 mud tyres.
    It’s mayhem, of course it’s going to pi$$ is down!

neil853
    Free Member

can’t believe somebody has came on here and said its going to be sunny, that and the fact one of our team has bought some oakleys too, bound to rain now 😉

richpips
    Free Member

I knew if I didn’t enter the sun would shine.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

forgot the disclaimer…..if it rains its not my fault!

Bedds
    Free Member

Stone Him!!! he’s tempting fate!! 😉

sheldona
    Free Member

Let it rain, it’ll give you something decent to moan about rather than the ususal pish we have to read after the event
    🙂

votchy
    Free Member

Who rattled your cage sheldon???

sofatester
    Free Member

Too wet/dry/hot/cold/muddy/hard/fast/slow/flat/steep*

*pick 3!

jimster
    Free Member

Clouded over here in Malvern nicely atm.

njee20
    Free Member

It doesn’t clash with Glastonbury, so it should be dry.

terrahawk
    Free Member

i’m looking forward to riding in shades.
    cos is is teh cool innit.

sheldona
    Free Member

LOL @ Votchy, you planning on more than one lap this year mate?

nunuboogie
    Free Member

raining now in Malvern!

devs
    Free Member

Is team McCoy racing entering? You will all be battling for 2nd place if he is.

Badger
    Free Member

Of course it will be dry – I’m not doing it this year.

I’ve done the event on and off since the early days (the first year it really really rained in Trentham gardens!)

Apart from the year in Birmingham that it was insanely hot and dry (so dry everyone puked their guts up with the dust) it has rained every year I have done it. After a few years of thick mud I’d had enough and didn’t bother…. hence scorchio weather, dry fast race.

So the next year I thought why not give it another go. It rained and has every year since last year was a farce.

This year I’m not bothering and of course it will be scorchio again! I think I’ve offended the gods somehow (anyone know where I can get a spotless pure white goat and a ceremonial stone knife to placate them?)

Grrr!

StonePantMan
    Free Member

Badger – the moral is…stick with it. Otherwise you are trying to time the markets. It doesn’t work in investment (apparently) and it is clearly not a good strategy with the British Summer.

Disclaimer: Past weather is not a guanrantee of future levels of precipitation. Your morale may go down as well as up.

Phil_H

I’m off to buy some P20 this afternoon so if it rains you can blame me 😀

Upandrunning
    Free Member

I got feed up racing it in the rain.. The last two years courses have been a nightmare & were both un-rideable when they got wet…. especially last years. This year I just didn’t bother & opted for the 24/12 instead

Badger
    Free Member

lol @ stonepantman.

I’ll have to remember that – but I’m into foreign investment now – off to Whistler for some 100% copper bottomed guaranteed returns on sunshine and good trails.

;o)

StonePantMan
    Free Member

Touché Badger.

Enjoy!

nickc

I think I’ve done more dry MM than wet ones. The first one was just…(shudders, moves on) but 2003 was bliss, and the first one at Malvern was lovely, it was only the last two when it was wet, and 2007 wasn’t even that bad…really

Badger
    Free Member

Nickc

The first one at Malvern was a washout – it was the 2nd one at malvern I thought that was OK – because I didn’t do it that year.

Badger

StonePantMan
    Free Member

2002 Sandwell – Dry (apart from the toilet leak on the last bend!)
    2003 ” – Dry
    2004 Eastnor – Wet Saturday (Hell at night)
    2005 ” – Wet but not too bad (or I was starting to get the hang of it!
    2006 ” – Buff!
    2007 ” – Wet (newbie in the team nearly cried)
    2008 ” – The Somme (newbie in the team nearly died!)
    2009 ” – ?

It looks like we are moving towards a more dry than wet position since 2002.

nickc

You know, as I typed that I thought, perhaps I was just in a happy place, it was that climb wasn’t it….(remembers…oh the humanity)

clubber
    Free Member

03 sandwell: sunny
    04 eastnor: wet
    05 wet but drying throughout
    06 sunny 🙂
    07 wet
    08 wet
    09 based on that pattern, dry 🙂

Not that I’ll be there but fingers crossed for you.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

First one I did at Malvern was ’05, started really wet, ended up proper baking hot.

I did that year at Sandwell when it was 30 degrees in the shade too, crikey did I suffer.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

just ordered my riding attire for the weekend…………….

oxym0r0n

As a semi-professional I will be getting my team mates to mech for me and change my tyres mid-lap if it rains, so I don’t mind what happens with the weather 😀

fbk
    Free Member

And yet, as we speak, the forecast changes – some giving rain Friday & Sunday now 🙁

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘MM Weather shocker………….’ is closed to new replies.