Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Mk7 Golf or BMW 1 series?
  • Cougar

‘drivers car’s lols

Some people like driving.  Film at 11.

Cletus

I would be questioning whether a diesel engine is the right choice for a retired person. Will she be doing long drives or lots of short ones? If the latter then a petrol (or hybrid) might be a better choice.

convert

I would be questioning whether a diesel engine is the right choice for a retired person. Will she be doing long drives or lots of short ones? If the latter then a petrol (or hybrid) might be a better choice.

Good point, well made. I missed the fuel type.

nickc

I’ve always thought of the 1 series as something those who couldn’t afford a 3 series would buy

Then you’re an idiot 😁 obviously this is hyperbole for a forum, but I have to wonder at judgements like these. I can pretty much afford any car from Audi or BMW, and once youre past the size requirements (I don’t have a family to cart about) then the gadgets are all the same, my 1 series has the same buttons, dials, seats radio, satnav that a 3,4 or,5 series has but I don’t need a big car, 90%of the time it’s just me, and the other 10% it’s me and my gf.

Sometimes people are happy with the size of their penis, y’know? 😁

convert

Agreed. Small is sometimes an asset. I tell myself this regularly.

But the 1 series…….that’ll be like a penis with a slightly ungainly stumpy base and a bit too over decorated helmet 😉

mindmap3
    Free Member

STW at it’s best…

I’d be tempted by the Golf – they’re bland but easy to live with and more practical than the 1 series (which I actually like in M Sport trim). The 1 series feels bloody diddy inside, I’m really tempted by a 140 to replace my vRS next year but am worried that it’s going to be a tad small.

I’m getting though a set approx every 10k Miles on the rear

That’s bloody good going – I managed to just about eek out 17k on my previous 325 and 330.

tinybits
    Free Member

In fairness, I tend to change them a bit early, I like grippy tyres! I also do about 20k / year on b-roads, lots of stop start and corners. Add to the cpfact my right foots a bit too heavy and there you go. In fairness, I did similar in the golf, only that was fronts. A-road commute I used to have would eek 18-20k out of my A4’s tyres,

Sandwich

Convert its ‘like a penis only smaller’ I believe! 😀

You get to drive during school holidays on the commute, 20 minutes quicker to work all this week without over using the loud pedal.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Mk7 Golf or BMW 1 series?’ is closed to new replies.