Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MK4 Mondeo Cruise Control Packed up
  • votchy
    Free Member

Going home last night my cruise control didn’t work, have trawled the Ford forums and got a couple of ideas, anyone on here had similar and suggest any fixes? Car is 2.0tdci tit X estate with 70k on the clock.

Cougar

At the risk of giving you the IT answer, have you tried switching it off and back on again? Ie, have you checked that it’s still not working, or did it just fail on that particular journey?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Do you use handsfree via Bluetooth?

The mechanic at a Ford dealer told me this was known to cause all sorts of issues with the computer; mine was repeated airbag messages but also had intermittent crusie control issues throughout the life of the car.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nick

I use hands free with blue tooth all the time (98k now) and have never had a problem with the computer etc

Sorry OP can’t help you though.

daveh
    Free Member

I’d guess a sensor that it relies on. If there’s no other symptoms then you’ll need to read the codes.

Cougar

I had all kinds of weird intermittent issues around the Converse+ system when I first got mine. A firmware update fixed it. (The newer firmware has ‘ok’ in a little circular arrow next to where it shows fuel range and other trip computer info, the old mental one didn’t.)

Not that it helps me particularly but, when it “doesn’t work”, can you not enable it at all, or not set / reset it once it’s in standby?

andydicko
    Free Member

More than likely going to be one of the pedal (clutch or brake) switches, it’ll need coupling to a diag computer to be 100%

votchy
    Free Member

At the risk of giving you the IT answer, have you tried switching it off and back on again? Ie, have you checked that it’s still not working, or did it just fail on that particular journey?

didn’t work last night on the way home, didn’t work on the way in this morn.

Do you use handsfree via Bluetooth?

Was fitted to car when I bought it and have used it with no other issues since purchase.

votchy
    Free Member

Not that it helps me particularly but, when it “doesn’t work”, can you not enable it at all, or not set / reset it once it’s in standby?

intermittent ability to go in to standby mode but then no response when set+ or set- pressed

votchy
    Free Member

Update, did the reset (hold off for 10 secs) and it then worked on the way home, or most of the way until I pressed set_ to slow on the motorway and it switched the cruise off, couldn’t then use it, went in to standby ok but wouldn’t resume, set+ or set- 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MK4 Mondeo Cruise Control Packed up’ is closed to new replies.