• This topic has 55 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Mk1 Audi TT 225 Quattro – any reason not to?
  • TheFlyingOx

Well I went for a look eventually. Nice solid car, bit of age-related dulling on the rear quarter but then it is 20 years old. Nice inside, drives really well. Oh and it turns out the previous owner had done some tinkering and never mentioned it, so it actually has about 280bhp….

It’ll do for me. Will post a pic or two tomorrow.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Nice one, congratulations on the purchase 🙂

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Looking forward to pictures! I’ve not long picked up my second after the first went pop last year – got a non-spoiler T-reg Denim Blue 225 😁

TheFlyingOx

Dunno if this will work but…

TT

Edit: it does!
    Nice clean TT, and crucially it will fit a large 29″ Banshee Prime in and there’s still space for me and a passenger. Truly a car of the people!

Forgot to do any interior pics but it’s exceptionally well kept black leather.

I’m well chuffed.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Good stuff!

I’m looking for a “fun” car around this time next year, so I’ve been making a short list.

Some form of TT is on there with a few others.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

The Mk1 is a bona fide Bauhaus design classic, with 225hp and 4wd. What’s not to love!? Looks like you’ve got a good’un there 👍

TheFlyingOx

I’m looking for a “fun” car around this time next year, so I’ve been making a short list.

Well in terms of “fun” cars I’ve had a few over the years – MR2 turbo (surprisingly large boot), MX5, Mitsubishi Legnum VR4, few BMWs, Mazda RX7… The RX7 was in a different league altogether, but of the rest I’d put the TT at the top. Similar to the MR2 in terms of acceleration and handling, but soooo much more grown up inside. It’s certainly the nicest car I’ve had from an interior perspective. Feels very well put together, and the fact that it’s 20 years old and still looks almost new inside… I’d say the only downside is lack of space for anything other than a single DIN stereo, so no Android Auto navigation.

Still, in terms of a fun but still fairly practical car I can’t think of anything even close to a TT for the money. I was looking at Skyline 350GTs as well but they’re at least double what you can get a decent TT for. Obviously if you don’t need the occasional +2 seating then your options are significantly increased.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Any rust? Mine was an early one and going rusty. Audi renegaded on their 10 year corrosion warranty.

timmys

I’d say the only downside is lack of space for anything other than a single DIN stereo, so no Android Auto navigation.

Not a recommendation, just a random Google, but they do exist (unless I’m missing something);
    https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-avh-z7200dab_p-41153.htm

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes – as above, loads of fold-out screens available in single-DIN.

TheFlyingOx

I don’t think they’d work too well in the TT: immediately above the stereo are all the heating/AC controls. Also, I’m not putting a £750 stereo in a £2000 car 😆

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s as much as I paid for my TT!

Have a look at the Pioneer SPH-10BT – it’s a single DIN that uses your phone as the screen so you can mount it wherever suits you, allows Google Maps nav, Spotify, etc. Plus it’s only £110..

TheFlyingOx

Ha, that’s awesome! Cheers!

northernmatt

You can get single din flip up screen android head units off ebay for around £100-150.

I’ve done the stereo as expensive as the car thing, £180 head unit and 6×9’s in a £180 Metro. It got nicked 4 days later.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’m about to install one of those Pioneers in my Leyland DAF!

5lab

I’d strongly reccomend brodit for phone mounting (in lieu of a headunit). I run their mounts then attach a magnetic holder with a plate on the back of the phone – really strong so it just holds (either orientation) and no faffing with wobbly dodgy connections

https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicles/Audi/TT/2000/652676.htm

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Mk1 Audi TT 225 Quattro – any reason not to?’ is closed to new replies.