Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mission Control Question, Loco?
  • Wozza
    Free Member

I have a lyrik with mission control. I’ve been using the dials as normal but today the low speed is doing something weird. You’re supposed to give it a half turn and it pops up and the you can adjust it, but mine is popping up about half he normal height and doesn’t want to go down very easily, you have to find a sweet spot to get it to stay down.

What’s up with it? I had it serviced just before christmas and I’ve probably ridden it 10 times since then, if that. No signs of oil loss an I can fully compress the fork once I get the adjuster to stay down.

Any tips? Cheers.

Konastoner
    Free Member

It sounds like the ball bearing guide may be causing the problem, there’s 2 of them in there. You can see them below in red, one for the HS and one for the LS circuits. It’s a bit fiddly but not difficult to strip and sort out.

Another image, you can see the small bearing in the middle of the page.

bikebob

Top marks kona. Great to see a tech head (compliment) giving sound advice and genuine help to someone in need.
    Looking at the actual parts layout, I’m not convinced about the ” not difficult” bit. But top marks for input.
    I have to know. Did you just happen to have those pics or are you a bigger research junkie than me?
    Ps. What’s a mission control?

Wozza
    Free Member

Cheers Kona. Can I just remove the top part and strip it, or is it a full lowers off everything out job? Is it worth doing this floodgate mod the pink bike lads say is worth at least 50% more gnar?

Wozza
    Free Member

Bump.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Wozza, as kona says it could possibly a misaligned detent ball, a bit of dirt has got in, or a ‘rolled’ seal (although this would propably cause a bit of a leak.)
    Some of the gate, knobs can be a bit finiky to engage.
    If you can remove the MiCo andc send it to us we can have a look at it for you or do the Mod. instead. 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

was going to suggest for the cheek of a “Paging LOCO” thread he should just cough up 😉

Wozza
    Free Member

Loco, YGM.

LoCo
    Free Member

Ditto 😉

Konastoner
    Free Member

Sorry all Dishwasher rage over the weekend, not had chance to login! 👿

@bikebob, thanks for the compliment 😀 I’m a “fettler” by nature and an engineer by trade so I sometimes mis-understand the difficulty element lol. The pics are links in my bookmarks, I use them for reference. Also the mission control is fully explained here: –

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Jlw4I22ag[/video]

Wozza, your in good hands with LoCo, but if you remove the MiCo unit you should see the misaligned ball bearing (It is retained with a split ring under the spring around the main blue body of the MiCo). I would still suggest removing the MiCo unit and Posting it to LoCo though. Oh and while its there I would ask him to do the DH / Floodgate mod if you dont use it 😉

This one of the main reasons why I rate Lyriks so much, once you get to know the MiCo it’s ultra tunable.

Wozza
    Free Member

Cheers for your help Kona, that’s what i’m going to do, I’ve had it a good few months and not once have I needed to use the flood gate, but I have turned it on a few times by accident. If it’s worth the extra performance to remove it I might as well get this done at the same time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mission Control Question, Loco?’ is closed to new replies.