Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • Missing Cat – Give me hope
  • ormondroyd
    Free Member

Ten days is my record. He just strolled in as if nothing had happened.

Pigface
    Free Member

Mates just moved and one of the cats went missing for 6 weeks then suddenly turned up again. Don’t give up yet.

matt_outandabout

We had a cat disappear while we were on holiday for three weeks – the neighbour feeding them said he went first week.
    So three weeks holiday and a week back, and a scraggly cat appears one evening while we were out for a walk locally. He had been living in someones shed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andywoods
    Free Member

if it had been a horse i would be very concerned

Keva
    Free Member

my cat got locked in a shed for four days over easter a few years ago, the people were on holiday at the time. Then at Christmas time she got herself locked in next doors house for three days, again they’d gone on away on holiday. Years ago a cat of mine went missing for three weeks, I eventually found him at my old address about a mile away. He was sitting on the shed roof like he always used to.

A mate from works cat went missing over night and the next day he had a phone call to say his cat had been found in a tyre and exhaust centre 55miles away from where he lived! must have hitched a lift in someones car.

snipswhispers
    Free Member

nothing gets cats running home like the sound of a spoon rattling against a tin can…persistence pays off.

maybe get a friend and go shining torches under sheds and in crevices…you will spot the eyes a mile off.

best of luck 🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

One of mine routinely buggers off. Last time she was gone for a month and we feared the worst. Leafleted the neighbourhood and got a call a couple of days later from a dizzy old bat who feeds the seagulls. You can see them swarming over her roof. Our cat had moved in for the roast chicken.

Edit: having seen your cat Houns, there is an extra, orange, issue to consider. Your ginger Tom is out there fighting, shagging and spraying his way to glory. Think pissed up pirate on shore leave. Find where the neighhood alley cats hang out. He’ll be there, giving it big potatoes.

scaled
    Free Member

Heading out in the dead of night is what you need to do, we lost one of our boys for a week (and he was a soft bastard that didn’t like leaving the garden) we were getting up at 3am in summer walking the streets calling him.

We did that for 3 nights and on the 3rd night he must have heard us and followed us home. We’d just got back in to bed dejected and then heard a little chirp and he came bounding up the stairs.

My gf was in tears 😀

Doug
    Free Member

A stray turned up looking for food at our old house that was tagged. It had been missing for 6 months all through the winter. Looked really pleased to be re-united with its owners. They can look after themselves if they need to.

alanl
    Free Member

Found a dead one curled up in my garden last week. Buried it, what else would you do with it?
    It was early Saturday morning when I found it, I wasnt going to store it until Monday when the vets opened,in fact, I didnt even think/know it could be tagged, there was certainly no collar on it, and throwing it in the rubbish seemed a little harsh, so it went somewhere near my dog at the end of the garden.
    Someone has lost their pet,and dont know it is dead, so how far should one go to trace the owner?
    I saw no collar, I thought I have no idea how to trace/tell the owner, so I just dug an hole and put it in.

NZCol

I rescued a flattened one that looked just like that yesterday morning but he would have done well to make it to NZ in that time so I would rest easy !

Houns

Thank you all for your words and stories. You have somewhat put my mind at ease for now. I hope he’s curled up in front of someone’s fire tonight as its snowing

jesterthefirst
    Free Member

Houns – you can register lost cats on various websites – animal search and petlog(if the cat is micro chipped) are the two main ones. Hope he turns up soon, pop some smelly sardines outside your back door in case he is wandering close to home. And if it’s snowing, pop a box outside with a blanket in for shelter and with something smelly of his or yours which he will recognise. Good luck.

grum
    Free Member

Houns we have a cat (that looks very similar to yours) who went missing for around 5 days. We were pretty distraught but he turned up as if nothing had happened (looking fat and well fed!).

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yet another tale here of a cat that went missing for a couple of days and then turned up in the middle of the night soaked and hungry. He was quite young at the time and it was an awful couple of days fearing the worst. We’d roamed the neighbourhood searching for him and put up signs in the local shop.

I think male cats are quite prone to a bout of wandering and generally do come home.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Wild pet breed in its gone missing shocker.

Irresponsible cat owner in yet another it’s gone missing shocker.

Etc, etc….it’ll be shitting someone else’s garden or “getting owned” by another cat-mug…. 🙄

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Wild pet breed in its gone missing shocker.

Irresponsible cat owner in yet another it’s gone missing shocker.

Etc, etc….it’ll be shitting someone else’s garden or “getting owned” by another cat-mug….

You ****! 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Cats are resourceful creatures as you’ll know and try to take care of themselves. Our old cat used to get in all kinds of scrapes with rodents and other cats and when it was injured it just used to hide itself away until it felt better. I once found it hidden deep in some undergrowth and another time it had dug itself a little hollow in the ground. Never actually very far away but it had kind of ‘shut down’ while it healed up.

Hope you find your cat soon Houns good luck!

fizzicist
    Free Member

My boss’s cat disappeared for two weeks – turned up looking thinner and limping.

Suspected that he got stuck in a tree & couldn’t retract his claws. His tendons were damaged but otherwise ok.

Looking at the furry fat lazy bastard friend I have, I find it doubtful this will be an issue for us. The idle git only makes it as far as the back of the corner shop to beg for food there before coming home to beg for more food before occupying the entire fireplace again.

Sandwich

Is there a Findus plant close by? 🙂

RustySpanner

Ours, the soft dopey tart, followed the eldest’s friend to the tram station, then couldn’t find her way back.

The friend didn’t bother to tell us this, cue days of walking round at all hours trying to find her.

Eventually spotted the soft sod hiding under a bush crying and feeling sorry for herself.

She used to follow the windowcleaner and postman on their rounds too – might be worth asking them if they’ve seen her, they usually know what’s happening in the area.

He will turn up, don’t start fretting too much just yet

Nipper99
    Free Member

Our boy just turned up 2 1/2 years ago. He was not wild and just looked a bit lost. We asked about without luck and he has just made himself at home, even when we had his bits off he wasn’t deterred. His nibbs below not making it easy to work from home!

phone 033 by jamesanderson2010, on Flickr

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Avoid the local Chinese for a few weeks if I was you. 😆

tomaso
    Free Member

My sisters cat went missing and 8 months later turned up pregnant! She had moved in with the students over the road and was being spoiled rotten. The students kept the cat and my sister got a kitten :mrgreen:

Some granny round the corner is probably feeding it tuna and chicken and has her gas fire turned on 24/7. “Oh the poor things got no collar, must be a stray… have some tuna…”

beinbhan

Any sign of the missing moggy 😯

missnotax
    Free Member

Awww, I hope he turns up soon – I would be in bits if my cat Alice disappeared 🙁

I echo what everyone else has said though, i’ve always had cats and all of them definitely had a network of local nice people who had more food / warm fires / chicken who they could spend time with. I reckon he’s just pulling the old ‘my owner never feeds me’ trick and living the life of riley for a few days 😉

nick1962
    Free Member

Cats don’t have owners they have staff and can be quite fickle and move on to new staff when the mood takes them.

Cougar

Some granny round the corner is probably feeding it tuna and chicken and has her gas fire turned on 24/7. “Oh the poor things got no collar, must be a stray… have some tuna…”

My old cat went off her food for a while, I was really worried till I caught the old dear next door feeding her.

… cornflakes. 😯

Houns

Still no sight of him 😥

A Woman I work with cat went missing on the same day too, she lives about a mile from me

flowerpower
    Free Member

Our cat Millie has previous with this too. Given to me as a young cat, she first went missing at about a year old. I found her a couple of weeks later after neighbours had seen her going in and out of an empty cottage at the edge of the town. When I turned up she let me pick her up and take her home and she happliy stayed home for the next year or so (I still have no idea why she moved out).

The next time she went missing I gave up hope of getting her back. She was away for about 3 months, I had just decided to throw her bed and toys away when the local cats protection guys got in touch. Apparently someone in the adjoining town took her to the vets to get her ‘jabs’ as they thought she was a stray and intended to keep her. The vet thankfully read her chip and I got a call, it was lovely to see her again.

That was 5 years ago, and she has stayed with me since. Even though we have brought home new dogs (and kids), she hasn’t decided to go walk about again (yet). I never worked out why she went, it was just always good to see her back.

I hope your fella comes home soon!

xiphon
    Free Member

LS
    Free Member

Don’t worry yet Houns, my cat disappeared on the same day as two from a nearby farm. They were all quite friendly and just went.
    All three reappeared at the same time a few days later none the worse for wear. I reckon they went clubbing for the weekend.

She also got locked in a garage for nearly a week about a year later. Apparently she came darting out when the door was opened and left behind a large pile of mouse carcasses.

appy
    Free Member

One of my cats Elliot got lost the first time I let him out all night I was worried sick. He eventually rolled in 4 days later like nothing was wrong!
    Harvey jumped into someones garden and as the walls were so high he couldnt get out, It was only when I went looking for him a few days later that I heard him crying and found him.
    Erica got shut in the local council depot for the weekend 3 miles from our house.
    And Sophie often vanishes for a week or two, the longest time being 4 weeks. She reappears each time brushed to within an inch of her life and smelling of lavender and coal fire so she is obviously going to an old biddy, sitting in front of a coal fire and getting groomed lol

Fingers crossed for you mate.

appy
    Free Member

Is he part maine coone? He’s a cracking looking cat. Our Sophie and Harvey are which does make me worry sometimes that theyve been nabbed.

Houns

His brother is much fluffier, they’re just moggies as far as I know, they must have some Maine in them along the line

Houns

HE’S HOME!!!!

Just opened back door to shout him and he came flying in, currently wolfing food down

Little fekker!

Thank you all, really mean that x

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Yay! 😀

forge197
    Free Member

Happy Days

Harry_the_Spider

…and if he does it again.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ha ha great news that is so cool, wish he could tell you the adventure he has been on. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Missing Cat – Give me hope’ is closed to new replies.