Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Missing cat.
  • Squidlord
    Free Member

Really pleased he’s back with you OP.

Slept on our bed for 3 days straight bar the odd food and toilet breaks

So he’s acting just as a normal cat should? Excellent! 😉

myti
    Free Member

2 days on a timer feeder any more and I get a friend or neighbor to pop round.

chewkw
    Free Member

Glad to hear that he is back.

One of our old big Tom cat with big balls would be away sometimes for up to several months before we could see him again. On one occasion up to 2 years before we saw him again. He just came back to say hello to my parents then stay for a day or so before moving again. Then one day we noticed he had not been home for few years and then realised he must be death by then. His sister lived to 19 years old.

We had few more cats after that.

😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sweepy
    Free Member

Glad your cat is back safe and sound mate.
    We go away for a week at a time and just put down a bucket of dried food and a bucket of water. They supplement this with rats, rabbits mice etc just like normal. We leave a window open so they can come and go as they please. They are generally pleased to see us when we get back but don’t seem distressed, I think they miss the dog more.
    If we are away more than the week we get someone to pop in and change the water/top up the food but its never empty.

Houns

Yey!

olly2097
    Free Member

Our boy went missing whilst we were on holiday. our friend was house sitting. He said the food was being eaten (by the other cat)

He couldn’t remember when he last saw him.

we got back and put posters up, newspaper advert, Facebook. Called day and night.

Eventually we found him in his favourite spot in a bush 100 metres from home. 19 days later.

He was emaciated. He couldn’t eat and had liver failure. We had him put down.

we deduced he had been locked in a garage or shed for a few weeks whilst we were away. It was summer and holiday season.

curiosity killed our cat. The wife and I cried for days.

New cats go in a cattery if we go away for more than one night.

I suggest going out late at night/early morning like 0300. Rattle a can and call and listen. Also I read to leave items you’ve worn and got smelly in near the home.

Good luck. Tis heartbreaking if you’ve got love for it.

olly2097
    Free Member

I didn’t read it all. Doh! Glad he is back!

chipster

Great news, OP, told you he’d be chillin’. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

What does everyone else do with their cats on 2-4 days away?

Lock the cat flap and put down 2- 4 days worth of food.

Yak

Chuffed for you OP.

Cat spot tracker anyone? 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Great news Taco thanks for letting us know 😆

Drac

Glad to hear it, it’s awful losing a pet.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bETCusT5kNM[/video]

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

WOO-HOO! 😀

binners

WOOHOOOO Glad he’s back! And did the little sod look suitably contrite for all the worry he’s caused? Let me guess…. NO! 😀

He just looked up at you with an expression that said “what?!! You gonna feed me then?”

Have any immediate neighbours got cats? We have a reciprocal arrangements with next door-but-one. When we’re away, they nip round and feed our little sods, and let them in and out (stops them destroying the furniture), and we return the favour when they’re away.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yay! Nice one

What does everyone else do with their cats on 2-4 days away?

cattery

bikemike1968
    Free Member

I used to be in a band called “Missing Cat”
    You may have seen our posters.

I’ll get my coat…

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Missing cat.’ is closed to new replies.