Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Miss Banana i hope youv’e been training !
  • oldfart

‘Cause my horsetrading skills are still as sharp as ever , can the same be said for your handstand -sorry i meant climbing-skills i wonder? 😳 Been in negotiations with my boss and i’ve got the 25th off ! 😀 Only way to avoid me is doing a rain dance then i shant be there .and yes i will be happy to buy you an ice cream .Lets hope for the same weather as the Quantocks .Any idea on details yet ? Start , time , route , stopping for eats ,taking our own etc etc .BTW hope you make some more shortbread that were gert lush !! 😯

Anna-B
    Free Member

evening mr fart! well done on the horsetrading. i understand abut the weather thing, but i will just say that you only get to see the dorset whales when it’s raining, they only surface when the air’s damp, you see. so long as you’re fully informed i’m happy.

as for training, i’ve had bike woes ever since the q’s ride. collected it yesterday from the bike shop (serviced forks and a new head set later) and the front wheel hardly moves. they say the brakes need servicing now. so no MTBing for 2 weeks now 🙁

start 10am i think, will be stopping at the square and compasses, worth matravers, which does nice pies, but you can take your own as well. see you on the 25th (unless it’s raining, and you’re happy to miss the whales and the shortbread)

knottie8
    Free Member

anna
    Any pics to show in advance of this ride ?

Anna-B
    Free Member

of the whales? no, it’s always sunny when we go 🙂
    i guess you saw the ones on the original thread, will dig some more out for ya.

sharki
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shortbread!

Anna-B
    Free Member

on 2nd thoughts, we never actually photograph each other riding, so i don’t have any pics like what you took in the q’s. have got “view” stuff if you want.

Anna-B
    Free Member

hello sharki hope you’re feeling better and not going bonkers 😉

sharki
    Free Member

I’m slowly losing the last of my marbles, they were haning in there until i attempted a theraputic(sp?) walk today with a moderately loaded rucksac..it became very mean to me so my plans for walkabouts are halted so day trips only now 🙁

Nobody has been maimed yet, but my efforts to isolate myself from the general public are becoming increasingly more important…..

knottie8
    Free Member

Sharki
    Are you looking for walking company ? (slight thread hi-jack)
    Anna
    If you aint got pics no worries as I was only trying to motivate myself to travel down and I have already decided to come anyway.

sharki
    Free Member

Knottie i’m looking for any bloody company, i’m thinking of tapping people up and walking their mutts foir them…

knottie8
    Free Member

I maybe walking on sunday if it isnt raining(Exmoor) I’ll be in touch .

Anna-B
    Free Member

Sharki hope you get better really quickly. the offer of healing cakes still stands if you want.

now shut your eyes.

knottie, glad you’re coming, it’s a really nice day out. i’m thinking of going to dartmoor for a birthday ride in june…. quite a long way but i really like the look. will ask nearer the time, maybe you’re about for guiding? bike buddy rich too i should think. (how many hijacks can you get in a thread)

sharki
    Free Member

Good man, forcast is good, not as nice as lunch time tomorrow though.
    Sorry Anna, have your thread back

aleigh
    Free Member

walk today with a moderately loaded rucksac..it became very mean to me so my plans for walkabouts are halted so day trips only now

that’s a shame 😥

only a few more weeks and you’ll be back on the bike again! 😀

(sorry for my hijack 😉 )

knottie8
    Free Member

I have some commitments in june but if im free or its a week day(or two) Im sure I’ll help. Email me any dates asap ish.

sharki
    Free Member

HIJACK!

Hell yeah, reet pished off, now i have to stay localish…..gonna buy a bum bag and do it the hard way……you’ll never stop me B’stid clavicle!

Anna-B
    Free Member

i like hijacks. i think it’s how my mind works!
    hello ali 🙂

aleigh
    Free Member

HIJACK!

Hell yeah, reet pished off, now i have to stay localish…..gonna buy a bum bag and do it the hard way……you’ll never stop me B’stid clavicle!

At least you can still get out and about 🙂

When you do get back on the bike though your stamina will still be better than mine I suspect! 😆

sharki
    Free Member

Dunno, there’s a turbo trainer sat in the garage here i can use…oh the shame 🙁

oldfart

Miss B sorry to be duh but where is the start ? Oh and sorry your bike isn’t very well at the moment . 🙁

aleigh
    Free Member

Turbo trainer………….?! 😯

Hey Anna – how are you?

Anna-B
    Free Member

oldie (sorry, so familiar!) not duh, start is in a car park in Sandbanks just before the ferry crossing. this ride is the brain child of mr penny, i’m sure he will be providing details and stuff. in fact i know he will. be patient, i know it’s difficult when things are all so exciting 😉

ali i’m happy cos i planted my broad beans this afternoon in the sun 🙂 how you doing? have a nice w/e.

knottie8
    Free Member

if were ok to hi-jack heres the first dartmoor ride I rode .Its the one that got me hooked on the place.

click the pic for more pics….

aleigh
    Free Member

I wish I was good as you planting things like that……I can’t even keep normal plants alive 😯

I’m ok, glad it’s the weekend! I really have missed bike riding, running isn’t quite enough to keep me going.

Have a nice weekend too!

PS – great pics Mr K!

Anna-B
    Free Member

Knottie I love your photos. There’s a lovely one of a river on Exmoor (I think), just had a quick look at some others. I like the fotopic thing. Dartmoor looks gorgeous – wild and beautiful. I’m looking forward to cycling there one day. Not looking forward to all those punctures though!

sharki
    Free Member

It’s fine so long as you don’t see a crow/rook/raven

aleigh
    Free Member

Punctures…….I’d better take several plasters if I go there then! 😆

Anna-B
    Free Member

Ah, Ali and her inner tube plasters!!
    Knottie, may I borrow a photo? It’s for Mr Fart, who doesn’t like riding in the rain:

Every cloud has a multi-coloured lining.

Anna-B
    Free Member

It seems I may not borrow a photo!!

aleigh
    Free Member

😆

I’ve still got to sort my one out from two weeks ago!

knottie8
    Free Member

anna
    help yourself …if you want to link to them delete the number after the word image in the address.

http://images2.fotopic.net/?iid=y01luw&outx=640&quality=70 in this case no 2

knottie8
    Free Member

if you ever want a full resolution copy email me.

cinnamon_girl

You want Dartmoor?

August 2007!

sharki
    Free Member

call that a rainbow?????

ok so i’ve not got the scenery

knottie8
    Free Member

http://paul-knott.fotopic.net/c873229.html my birthday ride on Dartmoor ’06
    and its not uncommon to get like like this with little warning !

charlierevell
    Free Member

Im up for some riding further a field now im out of work for a little while! Also pretty good at fixing bikes in return for slow Gin and Cakes!
    That stuff messed me up… but i wont publicly air what happened on my nite out afterwards!

Anna-B
    Free Member

I need a bike fixer! Am a bit fed up of LBS’s. Didn’t make sloe gin last year, I made rosehip vodka instead. Lovely golden colour, still needs a bit of time. Making cakes makes me happy, sounds like a good deal!

Anna-B
    Free Member

Wet dartmoor pics look….. character building 😯

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Miss Banana i hope youv’e been training !’ is closed to new replies.