Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mirfield woods, which one?
  • Mugboo

Which woods should I explore around Mirfield? I’m in Brighouse and I’ve heard there’s a wood round that way that’s worth a look.

Anybody know?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Only ridden there once. The ‘Mirfield’ route out of the VG West Yorks route guide book by Benji of this parish. Didn’t think much to the route to be honest but it finishes in some nice woods with what looked to be many options. This was all situated in and around the (Dewsbury?) golf course. Whiteley, Jordan and Hagg wood according to a quick peak of Google maps.

Mugboo

Cheers KofB, I like to fully explore a wood so I know the best lines if I’m passing through 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    madeinyorkshire
    Free Member

From top of Whiteley Wood branch off bridleway down FP on left perimeter of golf course for one of the best descents. good bits in Oliver wood to Jordan wood (all off piste) and play area in Lady wood down towards the railway line.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Jason, park here: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=421202&Y=418852&A=Y&Z=115

What I used to do (not done it in ages since mate who lived by the river moved) but head south and climb up the BW after the cricket club (Whitely Wood). Right at the top and follow the edge of the golf course all the way round to here: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=422434&Y=418726&A=Y&Z=115. Take that little track heading east alongside the beck which is a nice little section and turn left at the end and then drop down into Lady (Bluebell) Wood. There is/was loads of stuff to play on there. Little DHey type lines with jumps and stuff. Climb out to Calder Farm and then turn left up the BW through the golf course and stick to that all the way to here: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=421576&Y=418496&A=Y&Z=115. Turn right and take the FP back down into Hagg (Hopton) Wood – another great bit of track. Hopton Wood has a massive bombhole and a few more little lines.

Need to explore more around there with some yocal knowledge as I’ve done some great rides starting/ending there and going out to Flockton/Coxley etc. Loads of sweet woodsey singletrack type stuff.

Mugboo

Cheers M in Y & Dave.

andycs

I will be out round there tonight and at the weekend. If you want to join me for a ride sometime drop me an e-mail.

Mugboo

Cheers Andy. Went for a spin this morning following Daves advice we found some nice stuff.

I’ll give you a shout sometime 🙂

andycs

No problem. Plenty of riding round here to keep you amused!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mirfield woods, which one?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts