• This topic has 34 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ton.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Miranda effin Hart
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Does she make anyone laugh? I just don’t get it.

oliverracing

is she meant to make people laugh?

tenfoot

Well she seems to be making a living out of it, so I guess she must be.

ElShalimo

Dull and not remotely funny.

hels
    Free Member

I don’t get it either. Kind of a one joke show she used to have on TV “I’m really tall and I can’t get a boyfriend” ha ha ha.

Is her dad somebody famous or something ?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Incredibly simple unfunny humour. Her fans must be something very special indeed

ampthill

I have laughed at Miranda

Its just another one of those why aren’t we all clones threads

I don’t get football but I so what other people do

BoardinBob

It’s the kind of crap I really resent paying the licence fee for. Forget Top Gears low brow homophobic racism, this is the really offensive stuff

Miranda Hart
    My Hero
    Mrs Brown’s Boys
    Meet the Kumar’s
    Michael MacIntyre
    etc

It’s just the blandest of the bland. Safe middle of the road stuff that supposedly won’t offend anyone.

Given that the BBC showed stuff like Monty Python, Young Ones, Bottom, The Fast Show, The League of Gentlemen etc, if any of those shows cropped up today as new creations I highly doubt they’d get commissioned

BoardinBob

I don’t get football but I so what other people do

I’m not a football fan but even I’ll admit that they’re skilful, athletic and when done right it’s a great spectacle.

On the other hand, you kind execute my close family members one by one right in front of me, and I’d still never say Miranda Hart was funny.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I don’t get it either. Kind of a one joke show she used to have on TV “I’m really tall and I can’t get a boyfriend” ha ha ha.

“We’re a couple of hapless south london cockney traders” ha ha ha
    “I run a hotel badly with a spanish waiter who doesn’t quite understand english” ha ha ha
    “We’re a bunch of students living in a house being scuzzy students” ha ha ha
    “We’re the clumsy, inept lovable home guard” ha ha ha

Etc., etc.

It’s all subjective, like moosic, innit.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Given that the BBC showed stuff like Monty Python, Young Ones, Bottom, The Fast Show, The League of Gentlemen etc, if any of those shows cropped up today as new creations I highly doubt they’d get commissioned

*cough* bollox *cough*

BoardinBob

“We’re a couple of hapless south london cockney traders” ha ha ha
    “I run a hotel badly with a spanish waiter who doesn’t quite understand english” ha ha ha
    “We’re a bunch of students living in a house being scuzzy students” ha ha ha
    “We’re the clumsy, inept lovable home guard” ha ha ha

Etc., etc.

It’s all subjective, like moosic, innit.

Very true but I can’t see Miranda being viewed as classic comedy in 30 years…

chip
    Free Member

I have only seen bits and pieces of her show and did not find it compelling. Her speaking to camera is a homage to the late great Eric morcombe so she can’t be all bad.

As said above comedy is like music, there is no right or wrong you either like it or you don’t.

marky29er
    Free Member

I saw her show in Bournemouth, I didnt want to go, I wasn’t expecting to enjoy it but it was quite amusing.
    Shock horror not everyone like the same things, who would of though it.

ratherbeintobago

Define famous; he was CO of HMS Coventry during the Falklands War.

DezB
    Free Member

She’s my absolute favourite comedian of all time!

Said no-one, ever.

I think she’s ok. Amuses me occasionally. A damn site better than shit like ‘Allo ‘allo which people seem to remember as some kind of classic. Now that was shit.

aracer
    Free Member

So you don’t find her funny. I’m sure she’ll be devastated.

Maybe you’re just not her target audience – clearly plenty of people do find her mildly amusing. Is there some statement you’re trying to make here by pointing out that you don’t get her?

shermer75
    Free Member

She’s my absolute favourite comedian of all time!

Said no-one, ever.

I think she’s ok. Amuses me occasionally. A damn site better than shit like ‘Allo ‘allo which people seem to remember as some kind of classic. Now that was shit.

Oof, back of the net

CountZero

Define famous; he was CO of HMS Coventry during the Falklands War.

How about that! He was my step-brother’s skipper back then! He was up here earlier today, I’ll have to ask him if he knows about that next time I see him after Xmas.

glasgowdan
    Free Member
    bikebouy
    Free Member

I think she’s really funny, always have.

My kinda humour 😀

piemonster

I don’t fer Her funny.

So I watch something else. She clearly caters to a different audience and I have no issues with that audience being catered for out of my license fee.

loum
    Free Member

Can see how people find her Miranda tv show funny – there’s a script, timing, props, slapstick etc.
    In that, she can do a job as a comedy actress, playing the character “Miranda” with all those things around her.
    But take those things away and put the actual mirranda hart on any other panel or chat show and she’s just rather dull. It’s her celebrity status rather than her sparkling wit that get’s her those gigs.
    IMO, she demonstrates perfectly the difference between a comedy actress and an actual comedian.

chip
    Free Member

I thought she created and wrote the show which makes her a bit more than a comedy actress. No idea if she ever did stand up.

wallop

For the love of God. You lot moaning about Miranda Hart is getting beyond boring. Just how many threads are there now whinging on about how she is a “waste of your licence fee”? I’m not a fan of Strictly but I don’t feel the need to publicise this. Not everybody likes the same thing – shock horror! It’s time to find someone else to complain about! 😆

RustySpanner

I like her.
    😀

She’s very good at what she does, she’s a bit different, completely harmless and she makes a lot of people happy.

The one with her, Pat Hodge & the psychiatrist was great.

kimbers

Not a fan myself but a million times better than that dancing strictly celeb twaddle

MoreCashThanDash

So, I like all the shows that boardinbob hates, and think those he likes were hit and miss at best.

It’s a good job we aren’t all the same.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

There’s always been middle of the road comedy. Fresh fields, Terry and June, to the manor born, that drivel with judy dench in…..

Live with it or choose something else.

Northwind

I’ve laughed pretty hard at some of her stuff. But I can’t remember any of it.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I don’t think I am her target audience as I have a penis.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

As said above comedy is like music, there is no right or wrong you either like it or you don’t.

Miranda isn’t comedy though. It’s just $h*t.

😆

jon1973
    Free Member

You do sound like a bit of a nob

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s cool to hate
    It’s clever to slag things off on the Internet, isn’t it, when you’re just a faceless moron.
    Lets see if any of you can do better…..

ton

i like her….she is funny and i proper like her too….. 😳

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Miranda effin Hart’ is closed to new replies.