Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Mint Sauce making me smile
  • lunge

Having not bought MBUK for 10 years probably I’d forgotten how wonderful Mint Sauce is/was. I’m currently reading through https://mintsaucembuk.wordpress.com/ and http://www.thisiswhy.ip3.co.uk/thisiswhy/index.html whilst smiling look a loon.

These two particularly from the Twitter feed are wonderful:

Stevet1
    Free Member

Can relate to those 2 presently.

My favourite below. Used to have it printed out and on the wall at my place of work, got a lot of puzzled comments from people but it sums up how I feel in the middle of winter brilliantly.

ferrals
    Free Member

I’m currently reading through https://mintsaucembuk.wordpress.com

This is great – just what i need to read while i eat my sarnies 🙂

mrchrispy

that first one always brings a tear to my eye.
    I dont know when, my old fella wasn’t particularly into cycling and he’s not brown bread. I suppose I know one day its going to happen and I can imagine the same thing for my boy. must dash…getting dusty in here

kayla1
    Free Member

I love Mint Sauce, and yes, that first one does tend to make dust appear in one’s eyes…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Those first two have made me cry.

lunge

I dont know when, my old fella wasn’t particularly into cycling and he’s not brown bread. I suppose I know one day its going to happen and I can imagine the same thing for my boy. must dash…getting dusty in here

mrchrispy, that is exactly my thoughts, beautifully written stuff.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I never saw Mint Sauce until this last winter. Lovely stuff. Maybe if I’d seen it earlier I’d have got into biking sooner.

Northwind

The top 2 are just lovely. I’ve had these 2 on the wall in various places

I don’t often “get” Mint Sauce but when it works, aah. I don’t even know exactly what it is about the “maybe” strip but it hits me right in the me.

Said it before but if you could buy high quality prints of these, I’d be all over it. As long as Jo wasn’t handling the timely dispatch anyway. The Thisiswhy ones seem to be scans from the mags, there’s a lot of bleed through etc in some of them.

lunge

Northwind, “maybe” is wonderful isn’t it?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Ah, lovely. I have just been going through a few of them.

OP, what is the very first one, top of post called? I couldn’t find it.

lunge

Jef Wachowchow, no idea I’m afraid, I picked it up from the twitter account, https://twitter.com/MintSauceinMBUK

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

That’ll do. Got it thanks. I love “Thanks Dad” as well. I saw it for the first time a little while ago and sent it to my dad in an unusually emotional moment. Just got my boy pedalling in the last month too so this one is particularly pertinent.
    Mint always brings out the softy in me.

D0NK

Not seen that brothers one before northwind, like!
    Read through a few more on that site, I’d forgotten how much I like mint sauce.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

They’re amazing.
    My Dad is a cyclist and night rides with him, two friends and their Dads will be something I’ll never forget.

ed34
    Free Member

great site that ‘thisiswhy’ one, just been going through them, brings back memories of years ago reading them in the mag.

Pity there’s never been a nice big glossy book of them made, would be great to read them all in nice quality print.

leffeboy

That first one is fantastic. Who needs words

6079smithw
    Free Member

What wheel size is that though?

titusrider
    Free Member

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I would buy one of those pieces of work in a heartbeat. Totally wasted on the MBUK kiddies.
    Love your stuff Joe.

seadog101

Please, can I go and live in the land of Jo Burt? It looks a much lovelier place than any I have been to.

I will get on my bike this summer and go In search of these golden fields and wide open skies.

brooess
    Free Member

I always wonder at people who spend thousands on travelling to the other side of the world to bang on about how beautiful the place was they went to, but have never spent any time in Cornwall, Pembrokeshire, North Wales, Lakes, Yorkshire, Scotland etc. You can show them photos of Torridon and they think it’s overseas.
    A very good point, beautifully made.

timbur
    Free Member

(Cough) Jo (/cough)

JoB
    Free Member

stumbles in late (obvs)

thank you everyone, after so many years it’s nice to know Mint is still appreciated, i sit in the spare room/office at home and send a page out every month and wonder if i’m doing it right, seems some think i do so i’ll keep going 😉

with reference to what’s up there, i had a brief conversation about the ‘That’s My Boy’ strip with someone on twitter, they let me know they pressed a folded up copy of the strip into their father’s hand the last time they saw them…

to have had such an impact makes me incredibly proud, and also very humble

there is often talk of a book, but it’s not just as simple as ‘doing a book’, but the time has never been more right, in terms of the technology being available to make it easier than ever before, and the need to get it done before the fan-base dies out 🙂
    this also includes doing ltd. ed. prints and shit
    but i also do a lot of other jobs aside from Mint and they tend to get in the way of ‘just doing’ things

two things, you should like next month’s issue, and i rode the trail in ‘Dream of Distant Places’ the other day, still makes me smile

thank you

StirlingCrispin

Those first two are brilliant – particularly as I’ve just pulled the trigger on a second-hand Kona* for my oldest.
    😀

*to be immediately fitted with Pikes and other sweet upgrades.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Jo, been a fan of mint for years, so thank you.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Same as most others on the thread, been reading Mint Sauce almost as long as the 22 years I’ve been mountain biking. There are so many of them that just hit the point they are making bang on the nose. The ‘Thanks Dad’ one always brings a tear to my eye.

As I expect a lot of other folks would do, I’d happily spend good money to get a load of these strips in a high quality print for framing…
    Keep on pedalling Mint.

joolsburger
    Free Member

#

This one was my screen saver for a very long time..

lank45
    Free Member

No is there anyway of getting a copy/print of your work? Namely the “Thanks Dad” strip?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

As I posted elsewhere today, whenever I see Summer I think of Jewel Staite.

Maybe its time for a kickstarter for a Mint Sauce book? I’d invest. (I meant in the book – Jewel Staite’s involvement not required)

the-muffin-man

^ well that’s lowered the tone of the thread! 😐

the-muffin-man

And add me to the list of people who’d like prints.

As you say Jo – print technology has come on massively over the last 5 years, so never a better time!

timbur
    Free Member

Before the fan base dries up? Get it done before the fans die out! None of us are getting younger!!

conkers
    Free Member

“Maybe” just hit me like sledge hammer probably because I was scrolling down and just didn’t see her coming.

My old Dave Yates still has some Mint stickers on it from the early nineties and I print off Mint pictures for my riding buddies birthday cards as we’ve both been riding together since the eighties and mint is a part of those youthful misadventurous days.

Thank you Jo for making Mint part of me.

PS please do sort out some posters.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Oooops. DIdn’t mean to upset anyone – if a mod can remove my post or the image then please do so.

madeupname
    Free Member

Maybe its time for a kickstarter for a Mint Sauce book? I’d invest.

And add me to the list of people who’d like prints.

add me to the list!!

Still got my favourites torn out of old mags/calendars. And a personalised drawing from some bike show in the mid 90s.

Jo, you sir are a genius.

Now wondering how I can subliminally expose my kids to those top two…

toofarwest

Ahhh Mishun H Sugworth at his best.
    Not missed an edition in over 20 years, wish I’d kept the “history of Mint” one as I always liked looking back through that.
    It’s still the first page I go to every month.

chestrockwell

Thanks for Mint Jo. Been a fan since 1989 and would defo get the book.

colournoise

Would love a book or high quality prints of selected strips.

This is my keeper. Been on the wall of various studies for years.

v8ninety

Absolutely lovely. This wonderful work speaks more to me than ‘proper’ art, day in day out. Would love to own a print or two. (Although I daresay, judging by the ‘what watch/coffee maker/Audi’ threads on here, I’d be quickly out priced… Lol

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Mint Sauce making me smile’ is closed to new replies.