• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ji.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Minley Manor
  • ji
    Free Member

Is this open to public riding all year round, or is it MOD land? Drove past the other day and it looks like it might be quite good – or are there any other suggestions locally?

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Go there & go now 🙂

There was a 12 hour race & is still a really nice 8 mile course there … you have to follow tyre tracks as the tape has gone.

The military does use it but I have never been turned back by them … I have turned back on my own realising that there was a machine gun pointing at me on some exercise or another … but that was me being a wimp, they were happy for me to ride past the ambush

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

PS Swinley Forest is close by (somewhere there is a topic about a ride there this Sunday), also Caesers Camp between Fleet & Farnham

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Plenty trails at Minley. We ride them a fair bit. We're meeting at Sun Microsystems just down the road tonight, but probably riding Yately Heath and Hawley Woods.
    Forget Swinley, there's more and better within a couple of miles of Farnborough
    🙂

theotherjonv

yes, perfectly accessible. There's a few bits in there fenced off (including a pheasant pound or something) and I consider it courtesy that if the army are training in there i avoid the areas they're in, but otherwise it's all fair game, as are all the other military areas in the vicinity.

As PP says, there's loads of stuff which is at least the equal of Swinley just nearby.

ji
    Free Member

Thanks – going to be based around there for 3 months from Jan,so may be asking for some pointers.

backhander
    Free Member

Do you think you'll have time for riding?

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I have garmin routes for a fair amount of stuff if you have one?

ji
    Free Member

Bumping this up as I am down there from next Sunday. Gee-Jay – would love some GPS routes if possible that I can get into my memorymap and print off, and if anyone else is offering to show me something good then thanks.

Would be late afternnon evening, so will be bringing my lights.

Backhander – should have some free evenings, so yes. Ridden around Hartley Wintney before, but looking for longer/better trails, and possibly ones that are a bit less boggy!

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Minley Manor’ is closed to new replies.